Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #16
robin09
DIS Veteran
 
robin09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Beautiful western Catskills in NY
Posts: 853

Quote:
Originally Posted by *TheWigs* View Post
We absolutely LOVED our aft cabin 9674 on the Dream!! We had a chance to re-book it on board when we booked our next cruise but chose to try another aft cabin 9172 just for variety...well, I tried about 3 weeks later to change the room back to 9674 and was out of luck! I've tried several times since then to change our room to 9674, but to no avail. In fact, the only "aft" cabins available seem to be aft/port or aft/starboard...I'd say they are pretty popular!!
We were in 9172 in February. Absolutely loved it! Verandah was nice and roomy
__________________
Robin, Mom to Jenna
8/21/05 1st time on property All Star Movies
Disneyland California! February 14th 2006
Pop Century August 16th 2006
All Star Music August 2007 POFQ 8/25/08
carribean beach August 2009 Feb 19, 2012 Dream<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/2vub0u4uahu7s7k6.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
1 in 150 children are diagnosed with Autism. One is mine[Next cruise 2/21/13 wonder!
robin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #17
*TheWigs*
Mouseketeer
 
*TheWigs*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin09 View Post
We were in 9172 in February. Absolutely loved it! Verandah was nice and roomy
Thanks! On the map of the ship it looks like 9172 verandah is slightly larger than 9674...and we thought that one was nice and roomy!
__________________
Mom and Dad...Me 42 DH 42 ...and the Girls... DD 11 DD 8
*TheWigs* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #18
Wish Upon A Star
The TF thinks WUAS is corn cool!!
Caught Being Crabby
Has been known to wear Dorothy's red shoes and click her heels for no explicable reason :)
 
Wish Upon A Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by *TheWigs* View Post
Thanks! On the map of the ship it looks like 9172 verandah is slightly larger than 9674...and we thought that one was nice and roomy!
I also think that 9172 is a HA which is why the verandah is larger as well.
__________________
Grand Floridian - 04/99, 07/02
Polynesian - 04/00, 04/05, 11/09, 07/11
Disney Wonder - 4/05
Wilderness Lodge - 06/03, 10/05,
Contemporary - 08/06
Port Orleans Riverside - 10/07, 02/11, 03/13
Port Orleans French Quarter - 05/08, 10/08, 07/09, 05/10, 04/11, 05/11
Beach Club - 04/05, 07/10
Caribbean Beach - 10/10
BoardWalk Villas - 12/10
Dolphin - 10/11, 10/13, 11/13, 9/14
Yacht Club - 11/11

BoardWalk Inn - 4/12, 10/12
Coronado Springs - 11/12, 05/13, 05/14
Swan - 10/14
Wish Upon A Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #19
dream2011
Mouseketeer
 
dream2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas
Posts: 227

Glad to see all the good responses about aft cabins. We were on the Dream in May 2011 in a mid-ship cabin. For our upcoming June cruise we booked 8186 completely aft balcony cabin. really excited about it!!!!!

Anyone stayed in this cabin?

Thanks, Cathy
__________________
dream2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #20
Rob S.
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago burbs
Posts: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2011 View Post
Glad to see all the good responses about aft cabins. We were on the Dream in May 2011 in a mid-ship cabin. For our upcoming June cruise we booked 8186 completely aft balcony cabin. really excited about it!!!!!

Anyone stayed in this cabin?

Thanks, Cathy
I had 8684 on the Dream last year and LOVED it (it's 2 doors down and identical). I'm also booked for the same room on the Fantasy in a few months. It was still a 6A when I booked it so I feel like I got a deal.
__________________
Rob S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #21
Star Wars Guy
Jedi Master
 
Star Wars Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 400

Do you notice the see-saw effect in these aft cabins?
__________________
Star Wars Guy

Pop Century 6/2014 SWW
DCL Fantasy 5/2014 7 Night Western
DCL Fantasy 10/2012 7 night Eastern - Hurricane Sandy Rider
Pop Century 10/12 - MNSSHP
DCL Dream 5/2011 3 night
Pop Century 12/08, 11/2010, 5/2011 SWW
Wilderness Lodge 10/06-11/06 - MNSSHP
CBR - 5/03, 11/05, 6/06 - 1st SWW, 10/06
Yacht & Beach Club - 12/02 - MVMCP
All-Star Music - 5/02
CBR -11/92, 11/97, 11/2000
Star Wars Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #22
pjenpost
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2

Can you see the fireworks from the aft verandas?
pjenpost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #23
Pappert
Mouseketeer
 
Pappert's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 88

We are booked in Room 10658 on the Fantasy in June and we can't wait.
__________________


Pappert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #24
disneytraceyl
Loving All Things Disney
 
disneytraceyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Posts: 470

You do get the see saw effect on these aft cabins. We had a corner one with a huge balcony. The room was really big. Almost to big. Definitely needed more furniture. We really didn't use the balcony that much. Still only has 2 chairs.
__________________
************************
Princess Kayley (11) Princess Kyley (7)

2015 7-Night Western Caribbean Disney Cruise on the reimaged Magic
2013 Stayed with Mom & Dad but still enjoyed Walt Disney World; 2013 Disney Cruise on the Dream/Carribean Beach; 2012 Caribbean Beach; B2B 2011 Disney Cruise on the Dream; 2010 Shades of Green; 2009 Coronado Springs2008 Pop Century Halloween; Caribbean Beach, 7-Night Western Caribbean Disney Cruise and Polynesian; 2007 Shades of Green; 2006 All-Star Movies; 2005 Shades of Green; 2004 Caribbean Beach & Disney Cruise; 2003 Grand Floridian & Disney Cruise; 2003 Shades of Green; 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disney Cruise; 2001 All-Star Music; 2000 All-Star Movies; Disney Cruise; 1999 Dixie Landings; 1998 Wilderness Lodge
disneytraceyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #25
roliepolieoliefan
DIS Veteran
 
roliepolieoliefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: City of Champions , PA
Posts: 7,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappert View Post
We are booked in Room 10658 on the Fantasy in June and we can't wait.
We have 10158 for our upcoming Fantasy cruise in 1 month.
__________________
roliepolieoliefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #26
jfahome
DIS Veteran
 
jfahome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
We took our 1st Disney cruise last May on the Dream. Our room (6190) was completely aft & we loved it! The balcony is huge and it was very quiet back there. The view when in port, especially Castaway Cay, was gorgeous. But, it was also breathtaking when we were sailing. You could see the most beautiful blue water trailing behind the boat. And you can get great sunrise/sunset pictures. We just booked a cruise for next year on the Fantasy & we will be staying completely aft again (7690 this time).
Glad to see this report! We are booked on 6190 & 6192 on the Fantasy in 2 weeks! We didn't realize we were even on the back of the ship until today and we've had this booked for a long while, sad huh?
Did you notice a lot of extra movement being on the back? Can't wait for the CC day! I'll be sure to wake up extra early! Thanks!
__________________
April (DW), Jeff (DH), Elizabeth (9)
Parker (3)

1st DCL - May 2009, 7 night Magic Western
2nd DCL - Jan 30,2010 7 night Magic Eastern
3rd DCL - Sept 8, 2011 - 3 night Disney Dream
4th DCL - May 5, 2012 - 7 night Eastern Disney Fantasy
5th DCL - Aug 11, 2012 - 7 night Eastern Disney Fantasy
6th DCL - Apr 20, 2013 - 7 night Eastern Disney Fantasy
7th DCL - Jan 10, 2014 - 3 night Bahamas Disney Magic
8th DCL - May 15, 2015 - 15 night Eastbound Transatlantic Disney Magic
jfahome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #27
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has discovered the mysterious and elusive tag fairie
Has a fondness for 7624
 
shmoogrrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Denver, Colorado (New Transplant!)
Posts: 2,961

Quote:
Originally Posted by *TheWigs* View Post
We absolutely LOVED our aft cabin 9674 on the Dream!! We had a chance to re-book it on board when we booked our next cruise but chose to try another aft cabin 9172 just for variety...well, I tried about 3 weeks later to change the room back to 9674 and was out of luck! I've tried several times since then to change our room to 9674, but to no avail. In fact, the only "aft" cabins available seem to be aft/port or aft/starboard...I'd say they are pretty popular!!

We are in this cabin on the Fantasy in August 2012. Got any pictures from the balcony of scenery or of the room and balcony itself?

Glad to hear that you loved it. We are looking forward to it!
__________________
shmoogrrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #28
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfahome View Post
Glad to see this report! We are booked on 6190 & 6192 on the Fantasy in 2 weeks! We didn't realize we were even on the back of the ship until today and we've had this booked for a long while, sad huh?
Did you notice a lot of extra movement being on the back? Can't wait for the CC day! I'll be sure to wake up extra early! Thanks!
How exciting that your cruise is in 2 weeks!

First, I must tell you that I am by no means a cruise aficionado. Being on the aft of this ship, we could definitely hear the engines, motors....whatever you call them on a cruise ship.....more. I know, I'm so knowledgeable in my cruise ship terminology. But, the sound was only loud when docking into port or when we were leaving. The only night that the motion bothered me was on the 1st night while leaving Port Canaveral. It wasn't terrible but it was more movement than I would like. I took a Bomine & was absolutely fine to go about my business.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #29
jfahome
DIS Veteran
 
jfahome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
How exciting that your cruise is in 2 weeks!

First, I must tell you that I am by no means a cruise aficionado. Being on the aft of this ship, we could definitely hear the engines, motors....whatever you call them on a cruise ship.....more. I know, I'm so knowledgeable in my cruise ship terminology. But, the sound was only loud when docking into port or when we were leaving. The only night that the motion bothered me was on the 1st night while leaving Port Canaveral. It wasn't terrible but it was more movement than I would like. I took a Bomine & was absolutely fine to go about my business.
Thanks for the info. We're very excited because we have the connecting rooms and now on the Fantasy you can open the divider on the balcony's so we're going to have an even bigger balcony!
I'll be sure to take pics. (We leave May 5).
__________________
April (DW), Jeff (DH), Elizabeth (9)
Parker (3)

1st DCL - May 2009, 7 night Magic Western
2nd DCL - Jan 30,2010 7 night Magic Eastern
3rd DCL - Sept 8, 2011 - 3 night Disney Dream
4th DCL - May 5, 2012 - 7 night Eastern Disney Fantasy
5th DCL - Aug 11, 2012 - 7 night Eastern Disney Fantasy
6th DCL - Apr 20, 2013 - 7 night Eastern Disney Fantasy
7th DCL - Jan 10, 2014 - 3 night Bahamas Disney Magic
8th DCL - May 15, 2015 - 15 night Eastbound Transatlantic Disney Magic
jfahome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #30
JLMommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 99

We booked 7194 on the Dream for August 2013 (too far away still!). Would love to see pics!
JLMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: