“Ice Cream” made from Frozen Bananas ONLY

legalsea

<font color=darkorchid>The 'trick' would usually b
This is a delicious and healthy recipe for ‘vegan ice cream’ I was given by a ‘raw food’ adherent (they only eat raw food; nothing heated over 118 degrees).

Slice/chop several bananas, and freeze (at least overnight).
Place frozen bananas into blender or food processor.
ADD: couple tablespoons of Agave
Plus couple teaspoons of vanilla extract.

Blend or process until creamy. Serve immediately.

The result is so delicious that my wife and I have tossed out the real ice cream (mostly sugar-free since I am a diabetic).

Agave syrup is made from a cactus-like plant found in South America. The ‘amber’ Agave looks like maple syrup, and tastes like maple syrup/honey. I use it on pancakes, etc. Agave has a very low glycemic value. 60 calories per two tablespoons. Find at your health food store or Amazon (I get the raw Blue Agave from Amazon).

My wife likes to add cinnamon to her frozen banana ice cream.

I have recently taken to adding a couple of tablespoons of Chocolate Cool Whip (add after you finish processing). Stir the cool whip in and you will swear you are eating chocolate ice cream.

Also, mix in a couple of frozen strawberries with the bananas for a result that tastes like strawberry cheesecake ice cream.

Eat as much as you like: bananas are very good for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter