• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

£20 to park?! I hate London!

AndRu

DIS Veteran
I've been to Twikenham today to see the Guiness Premiership final between Sale and Leicester - from my point of vew the less said about the result the better.

I'm just shocked that we (and 1000's of others) were fleeced of £20 each to park. All the local roads are for residents only so if you're in a car a car park is pretty much you're only choice. But to be charged £20 for the privilige of parking on a muddy school field is pure robbery. My car park ticket number was 817 and there were a lot more cars queuing up to get in after me. At a rough guess there must have been 1000+ cars on the site - that's income of £20,000 for a single day.

£5 would've been fair.
£10 would've been a poor deal.
£20 is an outright disgrace. I've already penned a letter to Ricmond Upon Thames College (it was their name on the tickets) to complain. This kind of ruthless profiteering is disgusting. I've learned my lesson, the next time Leicester get to a final I won't go. I'd rather sit at home and watch the game on TV and save my money. :furious: :furious: :furious:

That's disgusting ~ I thought car parking costs were expensive in Glasgow and Edinburgh but £20 is outrageous. This truly is "rip-off Britain".

next time there will be congestion charge too!

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter