͏

Happy Bastille Day France. 🥐🇫🇷

Although in my opinion France was better under the monarchy (they did't deserve to die). Napoleon Bonaparte did nothing good for the world (with exception to the U.S. with the Louisiana Purchase) by adding more unfortunate bloodshed for France and the world. The War of 1812 and Napoleonic Wars would not have happened either. But as an American I also realize that we are partly responsible for the French Revolution both monetarily and political ideologies. So while it's great France has a democracy (although a complex version), it's a shame what it took to get it. But hooray for America's oldest ally. 🎉

Happy Bastille Day France. 🥐🇫🇷

Although in my opinion France was better under the monarchy (they did't deserve to die). Napoleon Bonaparte did nothing good for the world (with exception to the U.S. with the Louisiana Purchase) by adding more unfortunate bloodshed for France and the world. The War of 1812 and Napoleonic Wars would not have happened either. But as an American I also realize that we are partly responsible for the French Revolution both monetarily and political ideologies. So while it's great France has a democracy (although a complex version), it's a shame what it took to get it. But hooray for America's oldest ally. 🎉

I think the Brits say the same about the US ;-)

I think the Brits say the same about the US ;-)

I love the friendly banter between the French, British, and us Americans. But I also love seeing countries putting the past behind them and standing together at important moments. Especially between the French and English, like in this 2015 tribute during a soccer match:

🇫🇷🇬🇧🇺🇸😍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter