͏

which resort recorded ~0.9M points in its first month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been around a while and honestly haven't researched this, but I'm pretty sure I have it right. It is interesting to see the diversity of answers though, because ironically, my gut tells me this isn't even a race.

Last edited:

I picked VGF because we were on a cruise and got the information ahead of time that the studios would fit 5, ( because of Member feedback). If Members wanted it so badly, I guess it’s the one. I didn’t buy right then because I have March UY, and we weren’t going to get the current years points, later UY’s would.

I remember when VGF was coming on board there was a pre sales wait list so that is my vote. My 2nd choice would be BLT because they sold like hotcakes and 3rd would be OKW based on it being the first shiny new object and you had to buy something like 160 points min.

I picked Poly, I know there was lots of activity on these boards when it was announced.

Now if you had listed VGC that would be a no brainer. I voted for VGF as seemed like they were selling like hot cakes, but it could have been BLT as people were pretty excited to finally have a monorail resort.

My guess would be the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge back in 2000 or 2001.

I don't remember BLT selling that quickly after us early birds and founders jumped on it. VGF was where it was at. I blinked and that thing was gone. By the time I had finally talked myself into wanting points there, there weren't any left.

This place literally went nuts when VGF and the Poly were announced.

I picked Poly, I know there was lots of activity on these boards when it was announced.

That may be a neck in neck with VGF. I really don't remember, but there wasn't that much (not that many units in the scheme of DVC) at the Poly to begin with, so you may be onto something there.

Its not VGF, Poly, CCV, BLT or BRV. I know this because you already did an analysis of those resorts.

I am going to guess Animal Kingdom.

I will wait and see what it may be but I am still wondering if there was really any resort that sold .9M points in the first month (or as further defined about 3 months). Cannot be OKW since it was an unknown at the time and had a high minimum point buy-in (240 points). The other early resorts, VB, HH (neither of which is listed in the opening post) and BWV struggled with early (and even after) sales, BCV was one of the faster sell-outs but hard to believe it could be .9M in the early months. BRV took much longer than BCV to sell-out. SSR took forever to sell and its size and cost per point are irrelevant to the question -- when SSR went on sale, its price per point was the same as the other existing resorts as the sales method at the time was to have all resorts at the same price and have incentives vary somewhat.

Likely not AKV which took a long time to sell-out. BLT is perhaps a possibility but it started sales ten months before opening and thus gave buyers nothing to use for a long time and had a Great Recession issue. I remember hearing that VGF was a fast seller and perhaps the fastest, but I remember seeing that its first two months of sales were about 280,000 points, a high number but a far cry from .9M. I do not think it possibly can be Poly because, unlike others, it actually was not registered for sale in a number of states, including California, until months after going on sale. I do not remember ever hearing or seeing that CCV or Riveria were extremely hot sellers in the early months. It obviously cannot be Aulani or VGC since the initial post does not even list those as possibilities.

Last edited:
Crap. I missed the whole point of the poll. I thought it was which resort sold out the quickest overall.

.9 million points? Had to be VGC. We blinked and that thing was gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter