͏

Interesting analysis.... It largely makes sense, though I wonder why BRV is so high compared to others. OKW is a sprawling resort to maintain. AKV has the animals. Not sure what puts BRV so high.

Second, I don't think RVA will be THAT low in the future. Their rebate was larger than most perhaps not just because they have overestimated dues, but also the closure, and no skyliner operations, gave them a bigger than normal discount.
But I will agree that the rebate is likely an indication that dues for RVA and CCV remained a bit overestimated.

is this a perfect vision of the future? nope; is it better than handwaving and bloviating? yes 8-)

But...but without that Dis boards would not exist....For that matter 99.8% of the internet would not exist either...

OK, social commentary over, carry on with your amazing analysis!

Interesting analysis.... It largely makes sense, though I wonder why BRV is so high compared to others. OKW is a sprawling resort to maintain. AKV has the animals. Not sure what puts BRV so high.

Second, I don't think RVA will be THAT low in the future. Their rebate was larger than most perhaps not just because they have overestimated dues, but also the closure, and no skyliner operations, gave them a bigger than normal discount.
But I will agree that the rebate is likely an indication that dues for RVA and CCV remained a bit overestimated.

I was wondering the same thing about BRV. As far as room total, only VGF has less units for WDW DVC. Seems like less to maintain, but I guess also less dues intake as well. Just under 2 million total points.

I wonder why BRV is so high compared to others.

Its not "so high" though its just that the resort is fairly well priced from a point per night perspective (can't remember if @i<3riviera or @CastAStone did a good overview of MFs per night by resort be interesting to see that with the 2020 MFs post credit applied).

BRV was 10% higher than CCV in 2020 accounting for credits

Now look at the makeup of rooms at CCV:
Cabins: 33% of points and 12% of rooms
Grand Villas: 5% of points and 2% of rooms

That is 38% of the points tied up in 14% of the rooms. Yes its more expensive to upkeep a Cabin or Grand Villa but 29.5% of the dues paid are shared expenses meaning size of accommodations have no real bearing its more about volume of guests/rooms.

None of these "special" room types exist at BRV and hence you don't have an "excess" number of points that drive down the dues (and allow for cheaper point charts - wrote a thread about it).

CCV 2021 Dues Breakdown
  • Operating Budget
    • Size of room doesn't matter
      • $2.2461 (49.7% of Operating Budget / 29.5% of total dues)
      • Admin+Front Desk, Audit, Reservation, Fees, Legal, Management Fee, Activities, Security, Transportation
    • Size of room matters in some capacity
      • $2.2712
      • Housekeeping, Income Tax, Insurance, Maintenance, Utilities
  • Replacement Fund Components
    • Size of room matters
      • $1.2897
  • Ad Valorem Taxes
    • Size of room matters
      • $1.9649

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter