‘Tis the season…

She passed away a few months ago but my BMD Sophie would just stay outside and refuse to come in. She absolutely loved snow.

My cats are, predictably, not fond of it, but my next-door neighbors have a husky who loves it! It's SO fun to watch him play in the snow!

Our last 3 dogs were part Husky and loved the cold and snow. I loved walking them in winter because they had so much fun. When I was a kid we had a little poodle that hated the cold. I remember one day when I was maybe 10 I opened the door for her to go out, she stuck her head out then squatted and pooped on the carpet.

My Shih Tzu would just hold it for 12 days before she'll go out. 🤣
Do they have some sort of internal switch they just turn off? My DS walks his Morkie several times every day, no matter what the weather. Snow is fine, but that dog will not poop outside when it's colder than about -20C. Will not. We've been in the deep-freeze here for a couple of weeks; off-and-on as cold as -40C with the windchill. There's been mess after mess in the house and often within minutes of them coming back in from walkies. It's infuriating. :mad:

She will not. Usually just holds it or we force her out and yell on the Camara speaker "Go potty!!!!" LOL. But usually holds it until she can't. A few piddles we clean up, but mostly eventually caves in.

Yep. We have a short cockapoo. DH puts boots on her. She'll walk outside in them, but not in the house, so he has to carry her outside. It's a joy.

My hound dog and Westie love to play in the snow. It was -2 this morning, though, and they did their business and came right back in.

Fortunately my 2 Havanese will do their business in the cold (it is 10 right now), however despite us shoveling a big spot in the yard to go the last week or so after we got about 60 inches dumped on us they step out onto the deck and go right then and there and run right back in. At least its not inside so I can't complain, but I have to keep going out there to shovel their little baby poops off the deck and fling it into the yard to await poop pickup day. 10 degrees is not a poop pickup day.

Ours doesn’t mind the cold and snow that much, but when there’s 9 inches of snow and your parts are 6 inches off the ground, the math doesn’t work that well. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter