“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not unusual for the party not to be offered, especially during the F&WF. It's also not offered during most of the last full week of the F&WF. The department that puts it on has lots of other parties and events going on all over WDW all the time and the FEA party is not the highest of priorities.

It has taken me DAYS to read thru this entire thread from the beginning. First off I would like to thank you so much FastPasser for the TONS of information. (I was sad when I got to the page and learned you were retiring, but also genuinely happy for you at the same time! ) We have a short trip that is now in the works for the last week in October. We visit my MIL in Vero usually and spend 2-3 days with her in Orlando doing some park days. Do you think there could possibly be a chance they have the dessert party on 10/30? I REALLY want to do this with our Elsa obsessed 4 year old. And if the pixie dust DOES some magic in our favor and they do have it that day, how would we go about adding our infant to the reservation? Do they give you an option when you book online or would I need to call to have him added later?

It has taken me DAYS to read thru this entire thread from the beginning. First off I would like to thank you so much FastPasser for the TONS of information. (I was sad when I got to the page and learned you were retiring, but also genuinely happy for you at the same time! ) We have a short trip that is now in the works for the last week in October. We visit my MIL in Vero usually and spend 2-3 days with her in Orlando doing some park days. Do you think there could possibly be a chance they have the dessert party on 10/30? I REALLY want to do this with our Elsa obsessed 4 year old. And if the pixie dust DOES some magic in our favor and they do have it that day, how would we go about adding our infant to the reservation? Do they give you an option when you book online or would I need to call to have him added later?
There’s no way to know for sure, but I believe if there is a nighttime show going on, this dessert party will take place. For the infant, you would make the reservation for everyone and your infant you be in MDE already. When you select them, it will recognize them as an infant and you will not be charged for her.

It has taken me DAYS to read thru this entire thread from the beginning.
That's very impressive, but it could have been worse, you could have been interested in doing the SW dessert party. Now that's a huge thread.
I would like to thank you so much FastPasser for the TONS of information. (I was sad when I got to the page and learned you were retiring, but also genuinely happy for you at the same time! )
Thank you, glad to do it.
Do you think there could possibly be a chance they have the dessert party on 10/30?
That's difficult to know because of the interim show. Will it be enough to justify a dessert party, and if it is, will it be at the same frequency? I've remained in touch with Event CMs and they're in the dark regarding what will happen during the temporary show. It won't help you, but it was announced early on that the party will be offered when the full new show begins.

There’s no way to know for sure, but I believe if there is a nighttime show going on, this dessert party will take place. For the infant, you would make the reservation for everyone and your infant you be in MDE already. When you select them, it will recognize them as an infant and you will not be charged for her.

Thank you. Actually the baby hasn’t been added to MDE yet as this will be his first Disney trip. I didn’t even think of adding him yet. I guess I will do that when I purchase the park tickets. Unless they give you an option to add him before that. I haven’t gone on there to look.

That's very impressive, but it could have been worse, you could have been interested in doing the SW dessert party. Now that's a huge thread.
Thank you, glad to do it.
That's difficult to know because of the interim show. Will it be enough to justify a dessert party, and if it is, will it be at the same frequency? I've remained in touch with Event CMs and they're in the dark regarding what will happen during the temporary show. It won't help you, but it was announced early on that the party will be offered when the full new show begins.

It’s always my luck! Especially after reading this thread and getting more and more excited about it. If they don’t offer it in October, hopefully we will be able to do it the next time we go. Looking at the current schedule and seeing that they were offering it practically EVERY night these next few months got my hopes up. I wasn’t even thinking about illuminations. Fingers crossed anyway. I know I would still be willing to pay even with the interim show. (I also know I can’t be the only one)

Lol I didn’t want to ask anything if it was already answered. (Your patience answering the same questions multiple times is amazing!) Your sarcasm kept me smiling and still reading when I felt like giving up! Also wanted to find out as much information as possible. I didn’t see another question answered that I was wondering about though. Do you know why they stopped doing the flash frozen popcorn and switched to a different liquid nitrogen dessert? Just curious. It seemed like it was a big hit.

Hmmm... obviously I’m new to posting here, I don’t know how I managed to post a reply adding to your quote? Forgive this newbie....

Do you know why they stopped doing the flash frozen popcorn and switched to a different liquid nitrogen dessert? Just curious. It seemed like it was a big hit.
The dessert Chefs like to change things up from time to time. Sometimes it's subtle and sometimes it's major. It's also good for repeat party goers, and there are a lot of them.

We were at last night’s party, and it was a big hit for our family. I nearly cancelled and opted for a DIY dessert viewing of Illuminations, but we’ve found crowds really intense this week and my little one has been squirrelly so the idea of trying to wait somewhere with a view with him was not appealing.

The party was perfect for us. I think it was my mother’s favourite thing we’ve done yet. We didn’t come close to getting our moneys worth (2 adults had 1 drink and the other had none!) but we ate our fill and enjoyed the beautiful view. The light up cups were a fun touch and the cast members encouraged us to take several home to enjoy later. The snowflake viewing glasses were a surprise hit—my kid had heard about them and was asking for them as soon as we sat down, but I had been sceptical. They were kind of amazing! And then the Frozen ride was somehow more fun than doing it the regular way—possibly it was the joyful attitude of the ladies behind us, who maybe had enjoyed the bar more than we had and were having a blast?

So thanks to all of you who posted rave reviews and persuaded me to try this out. It was a really fun night!

I hate the waiting game for things to be released. It's kinda surprising to me that June dates haven't been released yet. June dessert parties are bookable at MK and HS and I remember that someone in this thread (maybe it was @FastPasser??) had said that scheduling for HS and Epcot was done by the same department? Anyway, just venting. I want to firm up my plans before FP+ day which is approaching, LOL!

I remember that someone in this thread (maybe it was @FastPasser??) had said that scheduling for HS and Epcot was done by the same department?
That's correct, however the two parties are unique in how they're scheduled because of where and when they take place. I hate to use the old cliche, but it's apples and oranges. It's not surprising that the FEA party dates have not been released. They could be released tomorrow or it could be mid May.

I see June dessert parties on the calendar now (yay!) but they are not yet bookable. I do not see anything beyond June. They are every day in June with the exception of Tuesdays. I hope that either later today or tomorrow morning it will be good to book :-)

I see June dessert parties on the calendar now (yay!) but they are not yet bookable. I do not see anything beyond June. They are every day in June with the exception of Tuesdays. I hope that either later today or tomorrow morning it will be good to book :-)

Still very strange this isn't bookable right away. However, great to see so many dates in June are offered! Almost all parties in May are sold out by now.

Still very strange this isn't bookable right away. However, great to see so many dates in June are offered! Almost all parties in May are sold out by now.

The fact that it isn't bookable isn't unexpected. That's how Disney typically operates for other ticketed events like Early Morning Magic. They seem to load them on the calendar and then it takes a day or so for them to actually be bookable once you can see them on the calendar. If you were to call in right now they'd tell you its not available for booking yet. I'd been checking daily for the FEA dessert party and yesterday it wasn't view-able on the calendar so it was added either overnight or this morning :-)

The fact that it isn't bookable isn't unexpected. That's how Disney typically operates for other ticketed events like Early Morning Magic. They seem to load them on the calendar and then it takes a day or so for them to actually be bookable once you can see them on the calendar. If you were to call in right now they'd tell you its not available for booking yet. I'd been checking daily for the FEA dessert party and yesterday it wasn't view-able on the calendar so it was added either overnight or this morning :-)

Yes, I know that's the case, but it would be much better on Disney's part to just release dates and open up bookings at the same time. This gets people confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter