“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I work all parties at Epcot, DHS and AK. The staff will certainly try their best to accommodate such situations. Having said that, it's not always possible and so, no guarantee. It depends on the size of the parties on any given night. I wish they wouldn't cancel, but if it's really an issue, canceling may be the way to go for them.

:offtopic: Just curious, do you work any of the private Illuminations dessert parties in Epcot?

Sadly last night's party was moved indoors, the weather was threatening. I have to say it would have been a lot better outside, so be prepared to deal with unexpected changes. There were larger tables and while we were seated with an amazing person travelling alone, we also had to deal with four really unhappy to share and be there people. The party time is also shorter because of the need to walk to viewing spot. There was no seating for the fireworks and no WC accommodations for the few there. Moving to FEA was handled well and it was surprising special to ride "alone".

Sadly last night's party was moved indoors, the weather was threatening. I have to say it would have been a lot better outside, so be prepared to deal with unexpected changes. There were larger tables and while we were seated with an amazing person travelling alone, we also had to deal with four really unhappy to share and be there people. The party time is also shorter because of the need to walk to viewing spot. There was no seating for the fireworks and no WC accommodations for the few there. Moving to FEA was handled well and it was surprising special to ride "alone".

Our party was moved indoors back in early April as well and I think it does definitely make a difference. The Norway loft space is not particularly special so you definitely lose something ambience wise. The CMs were all great and the dessert offerings were all fine (we liked the food much better at the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam dessert party we did over the holidays) but it was not something we'd likely do again.

Also because there was no seating for Illuminations, people were lined up along the railings to watch so it is better to try to be one of the first groups out of Norway loft to start heading to the viewing area if you want your pick of spots in the reserved area. Riding FEA afterwards was a lot of fun though and walking out of an empty World Showcase afterwards was lovely as well.

Sadly last night's party was moved indoors, the weather was threatening. I have to say it would have been a lot better outside, so be prepared to deal with unexpected changes.
As I mentioned on the SW thread, the weather looked iffy. I was at DHS and wondered about you.
Also because there was no seating for Illuminations
I'm curious because when the party takes place outdoors, there is seating, so because of how it's advertised, were you expecting seating at the viewing area?
people were lined up along the railings to watch so it is better to try to be one of the first groups out of Norway loft to start heading to the viewing area if you want your pick of spots in the reserved area.
Being at the railing does have the best view, but there are ample good viewing spots further back as well.

As I mentioned on the SW thread, the weather looked iffy. I was at DHS and wondered about you.
I'm curious because when the party takes place outdoors, there is seating, so because of how it's advertised, were you expecting seating at the viewing area?
Being at the railing does have the best view, but there are ample good viewing spots further back as well.

I knew there would not be seating because the party had been moved indoors - we were aware of that when we booked it so it was not a surprise. It was just disappointing because we were looking forward to the party as designed for a non-weather issue night. But we were totally aware that it could be moved inside due to weather and that if that was the case, there would be no seating for Illuminations. We knew when we woke up that morning there was a good chance it would be moved inside, hoped that it would not but were not surprised when it was. It was a known risk when we booked the party. We still had a good time, just not quite the experience we'd hoped for and I think we would have enjoyed the overall experience more had the weather been more cooperative.

I think we would have enjoyed the overall experience more had the weather been more cooperative.
There's no doubt about that.
For anyone booking a party in the future, the summer rainy season is just around the corner and there's a very good chance that on any given night the party has a good chance of being moved indoors, if it being lagoon side is important to you, keep this in mind.

Do they offer this dessert party at Epcot (and the 2 DHS ones (the main one and the Fantasmic one) and the MK one) during the Christmas and New Years period? This will be our first Christmas trip and we're hoping they offer these as an option for managing crowds (our DS has ADHD and he's great for most of the day but by the end of the day at a theme park with tons of stimulus he really doesn't have much patience.) Ultimately he deals with it (as we've been working with him to make sure he has tools to deal with things when he loses patience or unexpected thing occur) we'd love to make it easier for him on vacation by having another option --- i.e. dessert parties --- fewer people and less pressure.

Do they offer this dessert party at Epcot (and the 2 DHS ones (the main one and the Fantasmic one) and the MK one) during the Christmas and New Years period?
The MK fireworks dessert party, the Frozen dessert party, the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam dessert party and the Star Wars dessert parties were available during the Christmas/NY period last year. That doesn't mean that they'll do the same thing this year. Fantasmic only has private dessert parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!