“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, FP day has come and gone. I booked Frozen FP instead of Soarin' and I'm not happy about it. I just want to book this party!

Whining over, carry on.

I had no problem getting FEA as a 4th FP over MLK weekend. Not sure how your Epcot day is laid out, but it's always a possibility.

Am I the only one feeling very nervous for the fate of Illuminations with parties not having been released for September and beyond since the Star Wars ones are out and those are usually released about the same time?
I’m getting very nervous! Trying to figure out how to hit TSL and Frozen in the same day if there isn’t a party to book .

I’m getting very nervous! Trying to figure out how to hit TSL and Frozen in the same day if there isn’t a party to book .

I'm not so much nervous about the ride (there were plenty of FP+ available on a Saturday (my 60 days out) over 5 hours after the window opened (I was in the air over the Atlantic at 7am and the plane's wifi would not let me buy a package)) as I am there being no more Illuminations.

My guess is whatever they put in there would have a party as well. I am simply one who does NOT like Happily Ever After or find it amazing or better than Wishes! and therefore does not fully trust them with a replacement for Illuminations to be amazing.

Last edited:
My guess is whatever they put in there would have a party as well.
I agree. WDW will not do away with the dessert party. I think what ever show they do eventually replace or temporarily replace it with will have a dessert party. It is an easy money maker -(and that is what WDW is all about)- really for what you pay and what you get in desserts is hardly comparable in value. You are paying for convenience of having a great seat for the show as well as a frozen FP - so when you look at the whole package it is worth it to the consumer and it is likely a low cost event for WDW to put on with average desserts and a few staff to put on the event.

How large do you estimate the staff to be?
Based on how our SWAGS party went, I'm guessing over 100.
I think about the CM's who checked us in, CM's walking around tending to people, CM's serving and handling food, bartender, CM's walking us to the viewing area, CM's protecting the party and viewing areas, CM's handing out the party gift, CM's who set up and take down the party, janatorial CM's, managerial CM's, event coordinators... etc.
I realize that there is probably some job overlap, but I also figured that there would be positions that I hadn't even thought of.

I'm guessing over 100.
That sounds like a lot of staff. I'm thinking back to our HEA party and there was one checking in, one seating people, one taking to the viewing area, probably a couple handfuls running the buffet and I am sure those desserts are mass produced elsewhere, even with staff to clean up after (who are likely overlap of other positions) for that sized area maybe a handful, I can't say that I saw many staff in the viewing area itself aside from the photopass person. So for that party if it were more than 30 I'd be very surprised. So for a 3-4 hr event (start to finish for the staff) it may cost WDW $1300+/- in staffing costs (this is if they are paying $11/hr because we know line level staff are not paid well there). I am sure there are other operational costs that i did not include. We all know how much we pay to get into an event - last time my family of 7 was just about $400 at least for HEA there was likely a couple hundred people in viewing area. So you can see the potential profit and the reason why they offer these such parties. Heck they used to allow special viewing with just a FP, but why would they allow that now when they can get people to pay a premium for the same area.

Does anyone know how tough it is to book this party? Is there a mad dash when dates open? Does it usually sell out on day 1?

Is anyone seeing fastpass availability for Illuminations in September? That could give us a clue. I’m not able to book FP yet

Is anyone seeing fastpass availability for Illuminations in September? That could give us a clue. I’m not able to book FP yet

I noticed that Illumination has a start time of 10PM in October on Friday and Saturday. If they do the dessert Party what time would that start?

I've already booked a FP for Illuminations in September as I couldn't get any of the rides I wanted anyway.

As I understand it, everything was showing as normal for Wishes before they announced they were killing it. So I would not say those FP+ are a guarantee it will still be Illuminations. They could easily convert it to whatever the new thing is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter