“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the other day and they said the Frozen Dessert Party Dates will become available as we get closer to end of month.

so are you guys saying Illuminations wont be there in Sept? Where are you getting this info?

We do not know anything for sure. But word has been about that there is a replacement (at least temporary in the interim) ready or almost ready to go. And more than one podcaster I have heard has said something like “I do not know anything, but... If you love Illuminations I would plan to see it soon.”

Combining that with the fact that the dessert party for Illuminations is usually released at the same time as the dessert party for Star Wars and the one for Star Wars has already been released, I think some of us are reading between the lines that it may be ending in August.

They will almost certainly have a dessert party (they are cash cows) in conjunction with whatever, and I would guess it will still involve a ride on Fozen Ever After. So the cast member is not necessarily wrong about a dessert party...it just may not be an Illuminations dessert party.

We do not know anything for sure. But word has been about that there is a replacement (at least temporary in the interim) ready or almost ready to go. And more than one podcaster I have heard has said something like “I do not know anything, but... If you love Illuminations I would plan to see it soon.”

Combining that with the fact that the dessert party for Illuminations is usually released at the same time as the dessert party for Star Wars and the one for Star Wars has already been released, I think some of us are reading between the lines that it may be ending in August.

They will almost certainly have a dessert party (they are cash cows) in conjunction with whatever, and I would guess it will still involve a ride on Fozen Ever After. So the cast member is not necessarily wrong about a dessert party...it just may not be an Illuminations dessert party.

Strange... why not just still release dessert party regardless? Its not like there wont be some kinda show!

Strange... why not just still release dessert party regardless? Its not like there wont be some kinda show!

If they don't release it as Illuminations, they don't have to deal with changing the name later.

I'm not at all convinced any new show will be immediately available. Honestly, it's hard to imagine how that could be done. I expect if and when Illuminations goes down, there will be some down time. They may know what they're replacing it with, but installing it could take time, how long depends on what they're doing. I just wish they'd either release the dates or make an official announcement. The fact that they're allowing FP to be booked really doesn't mean anything. How many times have people had their FP cancelled due to changes they didn't announce months in advance. Happens all the time.

Don’t know anything about illuminations going down. But when I was waiting to book for June 21st the dates didn’t show up until March 30th - don’t know if that helps anyone or not - but out of all the dessert parties I did on my trip in June (4- MK, HS, P&P and this one) the Frozen one was my favorite

Don’t know anything about illuminations going down. But when I was waiting to book for June 21st the dates didn’t show up until March 30th - don’t know if that helps anyone or not - but out of all the dessert parties I did on my trip in June (4- MK, HS, P&P and this one) the Frozen one was my favorite
The frustrating thing here is that it is now mid-July and September dates aren't even open yet.

I hope they open things up soon. The shine has worn off for us with all of the waiting and now we have good plans in place that I am not willing to change. Hoping we get the chance to at least see the fireworks one evening, but I'm not willing to be tied down to a prepaid event anymore.

Good luck, everyone!

Combining that with the fact that the dessert party for Illuminations is usually released at the same time as the dessert party for Star Wars and the one for Star Wars has already been released
As someone who's very close to both, I'm not understanding the connection.
but I'm not willing to be tied down to a prepaid event anymore.
Good advice. It's just a dessert party, and while for most it's an enjoyable experience, it's not going to make or break a WDW visit.

This and the SW party's dates are typically released much, much later than the HEA party's dates and I think people are expecting them to be the same timing. They're not, they haven't been and I don't it changing.

For party on August 6, my reservation time is 8pm. Does that mean check in at 8pm?

If check in is at 8pm, is there any point to arriving early? Is arriving at 810pm a good plan to avoid standing in a line? Or should we be arriving at 745?

For party on August 6, my reservation time is 8pm. Does that mean check in at 8pm?
If check in is at 8pm, is there any point to arriving early? Is arriving at 810pm a good plan to avoid standing in a line? Or should we be arriving at 745?
If you want to spend the maximum time at the party, I would check in around 7:35. Guest seating usually begins at around 7:45. It doesn't matter when you check in as tables are preassigned and reserved.

So still no Frozen Party but now we have a River of Lights party. Honestly don't think I would be $79 for that one unless it came with a ride or two on something with it. I sure hope this one doesn't take the Frozen party away.

I had no problem getting FEA as a 4th FP over MLK weekend. Not sure how your Epcot day is laid out, but it's always a possibility.

That's good to know! DD loves Frozen still, so we were hoping to do this dessert party as a special night for her birthday. Glad to know I should be ok to get a FP for the attraction day of.

I called the other day and they said the Frozen Dessert Party Dates will become available as we get closer to end of month.

Interesting! Although, a lot of times phone CMs have different information.

So still no Frozen Party but now we have a River of Lights party. Honestly don't think I would be $79 for that one unless it came with a ride or two on something with it. I sure hope this one doesn't take the Frozen party away.

I don't think it will take away from the Frozen event, but I kinda hope it means we will see some September dates for the Frozen party! I'm getting antsy!!

Yeah, I'd like to see what the incentive would be for this party, other than desserts and drinks. I mean, that's enough for some, but how does the seating differ from the dining package? I've not seen RoL, but I figure that either a unique character or a late ride FP might be necessary to differentiate enough from the dining package. Idk.

Last night I asked one of the lead managers of the FEA party, "what the heck is up with the dates for the FEA party past August!!!!!?" She was surprised and unaware that they hadn't been released. She didn't have an explanation. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't suspect that something's up.

Yeah, I'd like to see what the incentive would be for this party, other than desserts and drinks. I mean, that's enough for some, but how does the seating differ from the dining package? I've not seen RoL, but I figure that either a unique character or a late ride FP might be necessary to differentiate enough from the dining package. Idk.

Yeah I can't see paying $80 for some dessert and a 15 minute show seems a lot. The FEA gets you dessert, a seat to the show, and a hard to get ride and avoid a FP its a huge advantage.

Last night I asked one of the lead managers of the FEA party, "what the heck is up with the dates for the FEA party past August!!!!!?" She was surprised and unaware that they hadn't been released. She didn't have an explanation. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't suspect that something's up.
This makes me a little nervous.

This makes me a little nervous.
Yeah, me too. Although, admittedly since my 60-day is late September, I would at least most likely have some closure about how this does or does not affect my FP selections for our Epcot days.

My 60-day is early September, but I'm worried that even if they release more dates, they won't release as far as November yet. I mean, worst comes to worst I could always book a FP+ for Frozen and then swap it out later to something else if we get the dessert party, but that's a bit of a pain in the rear end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter