“Life is Grand, it Yacht to be, we are at Disney! 1/29 New TR link, a question, and this TR is complete!

After we rested in our new room, I decided to go buy some lotion, ugh! The Grand did not have lotion either. I went to Basin and found a really nice body butter. It is called “Wishes” It has a very soft and light fragrance. Andi was intrigued with the candle making. She decided to come back and make a couple candles to bring back for herself and her friends.
the GF didn't have lotion either??? Yikes, at those prices, I had better get some lotion. When we stayed on the DVC side at AKL and CCV there was lotion. I love the idea of candle making. :)
We all met up and visited for awhile. This was so fun. Doc had prepackaged cheesecake for both Tracy and I. This was so sweet. It was nice meeting his wife this time as well. Tracy was working on a 4 park day and we unfortunately put a kink in her plans. We spent a good hour visiting before we parted ways. Andi and I had a Dinosaur FP to get too.
Great picture of everyone!
She was great, most likely because it wasn’t her phone! If it was hers she would have probably fell apart! Am I right? A young adult without their phone=disaster in epic size!
Me without my phone would also result in disaster!
This was very flavorful, however, I like the chicken version way better. The tofu was just meh for me. We enjoyed it overall. I had to ask for our yummy naan bread, the waiter forgot it! This bread is lightly grilled and oh so delicious. It really compliments the dish. We passed on dessert since I had cheesecake. I had put a nearly frozen water bottle next to the cheesecake in my bag and it did stay cold. The heat of this night would have melted that cheesecake otherwise.
Glad the cheesecake made it back and was so delicious!

The Grand did not have lotion either. I went to Basin and found a really nice body butter. It is called “Wishes” It has a very soft and light fragrance.

Oooh that sounds nice! Sorry finding lotion was such a challenge!

We spent a good hour visiting before we parted ways. Andi and I had a Dinosaur FP to get too.
IMG_Nov22019at83000AM.jpg

Such an awesome meet! And so nice of Doc to gift you with that delicious-sounding cheesecake.

We started walking towards EE and on the bridge I decided to take my phone out to get a picture. Um... my phone was gone:scared1: I started to freak out!

Oh no!! I've had this happen at Disney once and it gives you that horrible sinking feeling. Good for Andi for taking control of the situation and being the mom :P

They called down to the CM’s at the ride exit to check. Sure enough it was there! Yay, thank goodness!

Phew! That's great news!

While we were waiting, a mom asked if anyone had seen her kid?? Okay, not good. The CM’s were trying to help her now! Andi turns to me and says see Mom there are worse things to lose than your phone! :bitelip:

:rotfl: oh no! Andi cracks me up! But I'm glad that everything and everyone was found safely

This post could be called “Doc should change his name to Chef”
I know where this is going... :)
It’s so hot, will my cheesecake melt?”.
Oh no!!
She decided to come back and make a couple candles to bring back for herself and her friends.
Oh, nice! Didn't know that was there.
Doc had prepackaged cheesecake for both Tracy and I.
He does that. Isn't he so generous?
Tracy was working on a 4 park day and we unfortunately put a kink in her plans.
HOW DARE YOU!?!?!?!?!?
Nice shot of you guys and... I noticed the photobomber before I noticed your comment about him. :laughing:
We started walking towards EE and on the bridge I decided to take my phone out to get a picture. Um... my phone was gone:scared1: I started to freak out!
:faint:
aka: the worst feeling ever.
If it was hers she would have probably fell apart! Am I right?
::yes::
They called down to the CM’s at the ride exit to check. Sure enough it was there!
Oh, thank goodness!
While we were waiting, a mom asked if anyone had seen her kid??
Meh. Losing a phone is worse. You can always make a new kid, but replacing the photos on your phone? Good luck!

:rolleyes1
Kelly’s tree
:lmao:
I had to ask for our yummy naan bread, the waiter forgot it!
I don't think we got any when we were there. Maybe this naan forgetting is pandemic.
It was getting dark now and so pretty in this park at night.

I have some exciting news about my January trip. I was checking prices this morning on the Disney website and found The Destino Tower for about $160.00 a night with a water view. I jumped on this for our last 4 nights at WDW.

Ooh that is very exciting news! Can't wait to read your review.

This is my top deluxe resort right now! Way more pros than cons for me.

Oh really? Makes me wanna try the Yacht Club, but AKL keeps calling me back!

Doc had prepackaged cheesecake for both Tracy and I.

So thoughtful of him!

Andi turns to me and says see Mom there are worse things to lose than your phone!

Perfect timing hahah

We flashed our Landry’s card and had a table in no time.

So VIP!

Oh gosh, losing your phone at Disney is really stressful! I don't blame you one bit for panicking a little. Especially since nowadays, it's more of a camera, wallet, etc.

Happy to see you were able to retrace your steps and get your phone back.

I had never heard of this infamous cheesecake until the EPIC girls began writing their trip reports, but now all this talk of it has me really craving some! :rotfl:

This post could be called “Doc should change his name to Chef”
I agree! Either that or Cheesecake Magician. Thanks again, @docsoliday1 - you are amazing!!!

We all met up and visited for awhile. This was so fun.
So much fun :grouphug:

Tracy was working on a 4 park day and we unfortunately put a kink in her plans. We spent a good hour visiting before we parted ways.
Not a chance! If I could choose between kinked plans and spending time with you all, it's a no-brainer every time :hug:

Sure enough it was there! Yay, thank goodness!
Phew! I'm SO happy it was there. I can completely relate to this panic. I spent half of Frozen Sing-a-Long on the floor feeling around for my cell phone - turns out it was stuck in between the cushion and the arm :rolleyes2

He sure is :goodvibes

HOW DARE YOU!?!?!?!?!?
:rotfl: I'd have traded park time for hanging with Dis pals any day :grouphug:

It's such a terrible feeling when you lose your phone! I've only lost mine once - thankfully a very nice person returned it to the customer service station in Target. I'm so glad you got yours back!

Would you recommend getting a Landry's card over booking a Y&Y ADR? If it's really that easy to get a table with the card perhaps the extra flexibility would be worth it!

This post could be called “Doc should change his name to Chef”, ”Andi becomes the mom, while her mom freaks out”, It’s so hot, will my cheesecake melt?”. Okay, I think you all get a little snapshot of this evening. :hyper:
Well, I've been going by Doc for 30+ years, not sure if I could train myself to answer to chef.

Need I say more? :confused3
Yes.

Oh I do, okay on with the show!
Whew! Scared me a little there.

Andi was intrigued with the candle making. She decided to come back and make a couple candles to bring back for herself and her friends.
That sounds like a cool thing to do for friends...something made vs. just bought!

We caught a bus to AK and Soon we were walking into my favorite park! It was very hot again, are you surprised? The plan was to meet @docsoliday1 his wife and Tracy by the Island Mercantile.
:yay: Glad you were able to. With all the problems and delays, I thought you were trying to duck me (not that I'd blame you).

We all met up and visited for awhile. This was so fun. Doc had prepackaged cheesecake for both Tracy and I. This was so sweet. It was nice meeting his wife this time as well.
It wasn't sweet...it was a bribe. I knew you'd probably not want to meet the ugly old guy again, but knew you liked my cheesecake. I was hoping that and being able to meet my wife might be enough incentive.

Tracy was working on a 4 park day and we unfortunately put a kink in her plans.
To quote the commercial...Not sorry. Well, I was, but was so glad being able to visit with her. @Tracy161 is such a sweetheart. Really enjoyed getting to meet and hand out with her a while.

Um... my phone was gone:scared1: I started to freak out! Andi became the mom and calmed me down:laughing:
Ugh, missing phone is a sinking feeling in the pit of the stomach thing.

Andi talked me down and we decided it had to be on Dinosaur. It must have fell out of my pocket.
Go Andi!

Sure enough it was there! Yay, thank goodness!
:yay: :whew: (okay no whew emoji)

Yak and Yeti was on our radar for dinner.
Not at all surprised. I think Y&Y is to you as Tiffins is to me.

We decided to share the Tikka Masala with Tofu instead of chicken.
Tofu? I'll pass.

I had put a nearly frozen water bottle next to the cheesecake in my bag and it did stay cold.
Glad to hear that. That was the one thing I was worried about...we had kept it cold getting to you, but wasn't sure how long y'all were going to stay and if it would be okay.

I had a piece of cheesecake back at the room and Andi tried some and she thought it was very good. Thanks again Doc!
Glad she finally tried it (and more so liked it). I don't make it to get compliments, but I get a warm fuzzy when I know the folks enjoy it.

Oh and of course Kevin sightings!
IMG_Nov22019at83619AM.jpg
YAY Kevin!!! :yay:

I was wondering what you were doing with it. Cheesecake in August in AK does not sound like the best of circumstances.
Yeah, I was a bit concerned also. I think for future meets if I bring cheesecake, I'll have to come up with something the person can keep it cold AFTER as well. We had brought a cooler, but after Caroline and Tracy got it, that was a real concern. Tracy said she was going to go back to her room, so I figured hers would be okay.

Seems like Doc is getting in tons of Meets lately!! :) Glad you all had such a nice time!
Loving living local so I can meet up with friends (either first time or old). :hug: party:

Well at least it wasn't MY table! LOLOLOL!!!
Thank goodness for that.

Would be better minus the two guys. ;)

Such an awesome meet! And so nice of Doc to gift you with that delicious-sounding cheesecake.
Still willing to make you one you could have as well (allergy friendly)

I know where this is going... :)
Ruh roh. I know where it could have been going with Caroline, but now @pkondz is saying this... :scared1:

I told you, it's a bribe. Bribary will get you everywhere (including jail if to the wrong person)

Meh. Losing a phone is worse. You can always make a new kid, but replacing the photos on your phone? Good luck!

:rolleyes1
Wow! Just wow!
:lmao: :rotfl2:

So thoughtful of him!
Nope, still a bribe.

I agree! Either that or Cheesecake Magician. Thanks again, @docsoliday1 - you are amazing!!!
Thanks Tracy. Coming from you, and considering how amazing I think YOU are, that means a lot!

So much fun :grouphug:
It was. Really enjoyed our time.

:rotfl: I'd have traded park time for hanging with Dis pals any day :grouphug:
Yay! Now I'm more "not sorry" than I was before. :grouphug: right back!

You all certainly had quite the evening
It was full of excitement and a little drama :hyper:
Too funny that guy was the first thing I noticed. Looks like he wants to get in the picture.
He was funny, he actually took a few pictures for us with everyone in them once we teased him!
Man, should we start calling her Dear Andi
Believe me, she has an answer for everything :sad2:
Yum, this looks really good. I'm sure chicken would have been better, because its well chicken, but I do love me some tofu. Something about the texture of it that I just can't get enough of.
This was very good. You would really like it being a tofu fan. I am not use to tofu and the texture.
was wondering what you were doing with it. Cheesecake in August in AK does not sound like the best of circumstances.
I was worried about it a little, I was glad I brought a frozen water from my room. It ended up being just fine and so yummy!
Seems like Doc is getting in tons of Meets lately!! :) Glad you all had such a nice time!
Yes! He lives so close now he can meet up fairly easily
That exact same thing happened to me on TT. First ride of the trip (this was 2016) and it was gone! Scared me to death but it was right there at the ride exit. Fell out into our car and someone grabbed it.
I was so worried! Thank goodness for alert CM’s, I am sure it happens a lot
Well at least it wasn't MY table! LOLOLOL!!!
Ha! Your sacred table was waiting for you, :worship:

Phones and keys, so stressful!!!
I agree! I am always checking on these. I have a smart phone for work and a tablet, I have to always be checking on three electronic device’s everyday yuck!
hope you loved the tour as much as we did!!!!! "KEVIN'S a girl?" I love that bird!!!!
Spoiler alert you were right, awesome tour! Yes Kevin is a girl, :hyper: ::yes::

the GF didn't have lotion either??? Yikes, at those prices, I had better get some lotion. When we stayed on the DVC side at AKL and CCV there was lotion. I love the idea of candle making
No lotion at the Grand either, Disney does make some dumb decisions sometimes! Andi really enjoyed making the candles, it was fun.
I agree!
Me without my phone would also result in disaster!
Terrible feeling when it isn’t where you thought it was!
Glad the cheesecake made it back and was so delicious!
It was very good, I ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner a few times!
Oooh that sounds nice! Sorry finding lotion was such a challenge!
The body butter is really nice, I will take it with me from now on
It really was, he is very nice to visit with as is his wife and Tracy!
Oh no!! I've had this happen at Disney once and it gives you that horrible sinking feeling. Good for Andi for taking control of the situation and being the mom
Andi calmed me right down, most likely because it wasn’t her phone that was missing :rotfl:
Phew! That's great news!
Thank goodness for watchful CM’s!
no! Andi cracks me up! But I'm glad that everything and everyone was found safely
She is quick witted at times, she gets that from her dad. I have been married a long time and he cracks me up everyday!::yes::

know where this is going..
You have tried the awesome cheesecake so you get it!
Crisis averted cheesecake stayed intact!
Oh, nice! Didn't know that was there.
We didn’t know about the candles and it is a nice section and of course the smells are wonderful!
He claims it is bribery, I think he is nice and generous
HOW DARE YOU!?!?!?!?!?
Tracy is such a joy to visit with, we did it on purpose :rotfl:
Nice shot of you guys and... I noticed the photobomber before I noticed your comment about him.
He was a nice British fellow and he took a few pictures for us!
aka: the worst feeling ever.
Sinking feeling=no phone in the pocket
Oh, thank goodness!
Crisis averted! It makes me always think about Jackie, she lost hers on RnRC and never got it back:sad:
So true!
don't think we got any when we were there. Maybe this naan forgetting is pandemic.
That is a bummer, the naan bread is so good and essential
Ooh that is very exciting news! Can't wait to read your review.
I am excited to stay in the tower with a water view!
Oh really? Makes me wanna try the Yacht Club, but AKL keeps calling me back!
I think the YC is my top now mainly because of the location!
So thoughtful of him!
He claims it is bribery, haha!
Perfect timing hahah
It sure was!
Love the Landry’s card!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I had never heard of this infamous cheesecake until the EPIC girls began writing their trip reports, but now all this talk of it has me really craving some! :rotfl:
:rotfl: Me too!

Glad all worked out with the meet, cheesecake and the phone! Well done Andi for exuding calmness :thumbsup2:goodvibes

You have tried the awesome cheesecake so you get it!
Crisis averted cheesecake stayed intact!
Phew! Anything but that!
We didn’t know about the candles and it is a nice section and of course the smells are wonderful!
You may be shocked to discover that I usually don't go in there... :rolleyes1
Tracy is such a joy to visit with, we did it on purpose :rotfl:
Yes she is, so I don't blame you!
He was a nice British fellow and he took a few pictures for us!
Oh! Well, then the photobomb is a good thing!
Sinking feeling=no phone in the pocket
Yep. Nailed it.
Crisis averted! It makes me always think about Jackie, she lost hers on RnRC and never got it back:sad:
Oh, no! I hadn't heard that.

Oh gosh, losing your phone at Disney is really stressful! I don't blame you one bit for panicking a little. Especially since nowadays, it's more of a camera, wallet, etc.

Happy to see you were able to retrace your steps and get your phone back.

It was very stressful. The phone has everything on it and functions as so many things these days!

The cheesecake is so good, I was able to try a piece on the epic trip and yummy. It has just the right texture and flavor for a cheesecake

agree! Either that or Cheesecake Magician. Thanks again, @docsoliday1 - you are amazing!!!
It really was the perfect treat and I kept snacking on it each day!
So much fun
It was so fun to visit
Not a chance! If I could choose between kinked plans and spending time with you all, it's a no-brainer every time
Ahh so nice, I agree
Phew! I'm SO happy it was there. I can completely relate to this panic. I spent half of Frozen Sing-a-Long on the floor feeling around for my cell phone - turns out it was stuck in between the cushion and the arm
Oh man, the dreaded lost phone. I have lost mine in the seat cushion before on the airplane, yikes!
I'd have traded park time for hanging with Dis pals any day
So nice of you!

It's such a terrible feeling when you lose your phone! I've only lost mine once - thankfully a very nice person returned it to the customer service station in Target. I'm so glad you got yours back!

Would you recommend getting a Landry's card over booking a Y&Y ADR? If it's really that easy to get a table with the card perhaps the extra flexibility would be worth it!
That was the first time I lost it! It has been stuck in between cushions before!
I would definitely recommend the Landry’s card, it costs $25.00 to get but you get $25.00 off your first meal using it, you get $25.00 off for your Birthday and you literally get seated within 5-10 minutes without reservations. We don’t really have Landry restaurants around here but still very worth it for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter