“Life is Grand, it Yacht to be, we are at Disney! 1/29 New TR link, a question, and this TR is complete!

Hello from the Artic Freeze. It was -2 this morning, that really sucks!!
I am off today since I worked the weekend. I am not going outside at all today, no way!
Disney+ is up and running and Andi has already text me, saying she is crying, watching the Imagineering show. She loves it. I haven’t watched anything yet on it but soon.
I found decent flights to Florida in March. I did have to change our dates some to get it. We will now be in Florida from 3/23-3/30. I know I will miss a few of you now :sad: This change literally saved me $800.00 so I had to do it. Monday to Monday was much less on Southwest. Delta was $700.00 a person yikes! Southwest does have connecting flights, which I despise, however, it was so much less I couldn’t pass it up. Plus no extra costs with SW like a few other airlines! Right now I have Gran Destino lake view room booked for 5 nights and AS Movies for 2 nights with AP rates.
I may change this up at some point using the DVC rental store discounted points. When you do this, you are limited to SSR or OKW. I wouldn’t mind trying out SSR if the price is right, especially since the resort is being refurbished. We also would love the walking ability to DS. So many good places to eat. Plus we have never stayed at SSR.
The March trip will be a F&G focused trip for us. I would love to stay in the Boardwalk area but the prices are $$$ even with AP discount.
This Friday I get to make our FP+ for January! :cheer2: I will spend some time today making our day plans so I go into FP day prepared. I am thinking of adding a day at US in January so we can try to ride Hagrid’s, get macarons and Vodoo Donuts. I did something majorly stupid in August, I didn’t upgrade our US tickets to seasonal AP’s. What a dumb move on my part, ugh!! Put that in the dumb vault haha :worried: I will keep you all updated on my plans.

Back to August now!
We had a nice cool break in our room before heading out for a fun walk over to The Poly. This is such a nice walk and usually very quiet. You walk along the waterfront on a nice path.
IMG_Nov122019at114101AM.jpg

IMG_Nov122019at113951AM.jpg

We stopped inside for our first junk food item, we had a dole whip swirl and shared this. It was yummy! We looked in the gift shops and sat in the lobby for awhile. Once we had enough Poly ambience, we jumped on the monorail to the Contemporary.
IMG_Nov122019at113903AM.jpg

We walked around the resort and gift shops taking it all in. We went out the back doors and took a few pictures.

IMG_Nov122019at113535AM.jpg

IMG_Nov122019at113450AM.jpg

A boat was pulling up so we jumped on. The boat captain was so nice. He was singing Disney tunes and really enjoying his evening. We traveled over to the beautiful WL. It is so gorgeous from the water.
IMG_Nov122019at113243AM.jpg

We got off here and really explored the resort, inside and outside. This place is so nice. I want to stay here at some point. The price sure has increased over the past few years. The lobby is very inviting. It was over 90 degrees outside and inside the WL the fireplace was roaring, how funny is that. It sure adds to the beauty of the rustic lodge.
IMG_Nov122019at113147AM.jpg

IMG_Nov122019at113332AM.jpg

IMG_Nov122019at113046AM.jpg

It was time for junk food item #2, a magic bar for me and a sugar cookie for Andi, yummy! We nibbled on these and saved the rest for later. It was soon time to hop the boat back to the ultra modern Contemporary :rotfl:It is compared to WL.
IMG_Nov122019at112823AM.jpg

We decided to buy junk food item #3, some Lays potato chips and dip in the gift shop. Contemporary has a bigger store with food items. This is the best deal at Disney:laughing: Right around $5.00 with AP discount. This is cheap and a good deal for the best potato chips around!

We took our steal of a deal and jumped on the monorail back to the Grand.

Andi learned more about the candle making at Basin and she decided to come back before the end of the trip to do this.
Up in our room we had potato chips and candy for dinner. :love: Junk food galore this evening! We did enjoy it.

I capped the night with going down to watch HEA in front of the Gasparilla Grill. This was so awesome. Perfect viewing of the fireworks and the music is piped in. You can see the castle, however, this is not the place to watch the castle projections. I would recommend this spot 1000x if you are a veteran of HEA. There is absolutely no pushing, shoving, or tall people in front of you, and I simply walked a few feet from our building and then back up to the room in a few minutes at the end! This was perfect. Andi didn‘t join me, she is still not a huge fan of HEA, the girl holds a grudge. :rolleyes1

This was a nice relaxing evening and I really enjoy how easy it is to resort hop. The monorail resorts make it so easy. I recommend taking an evening to explore the resorts, it really enhances your trip.
::yes::

Stay tuned for MK and A Grand Tea! Coming soon.............

Stay warm!! Glad you don't have to leave the house today!

Sounds like a fun time hopping from resort to resort! And enjoying lots of junk food :)

And a nice time watching HEA without all the hustle!

Oh my goodness....that is cold!!! Yep, stay indoors where it`s warm and cosy.....

Hotels look beautiful, and I have to say a dole whip is one thing I`d go back to Disney for.....loved them!!!

We all make mistakes at times, and you can upgrade your ticket maybe for next time again??????

And some good savings on the flight!!!! Sometimes changing dates can make a lot of difference. Nice update...... :wave2:

We worked our way to the end of the trail and met up with Meghan. She looked so cute in her braids. Her husband was out walking the trail. We talked about our trips and of course about how hot it was!::yes:: Andi took our picture before we said our goodbye. It was nice saying hi to you Meghan! I didn’t realize at this time that we would meet again.
so nice that you met up with Meghan!
It was soon time to say goodbye to Dugan, I wished him luck in his romantic adventures :laughing: The tour is 1 hour long, and this was just right in the August heat. Since, the tour is back stage and photos are a nono, the CM offers to take your photo with a prop at the end. This was very nice. They use your phone or camera, not photopass.
That tours sounds amazing...definitely putting it on the list. :)
We decided to share the Potjie Inspired. I chose the butter chicken and Andi went with the chickpea wat, what is that:hyper: get what I did there.
Yum! We did the same at our Sanaa lunch.
Housekeeping had been and look at the adorable towel Cinderella carriage on my bed. Loved this! It was nap time for a little while.
Love that!!
I capped the night with going down to watch HEA in front of the Gasparilla Grill. This was so awesome. Perfect viewing of the fireworks and the music is piped in. You can see the castle, however, this is not the place to watch the castle projections. I would recommend this spot 1000x if you are a veteran of HEA. There is absolutely no pushing, shoving, or tall people in front of you, and I simply walked a few feet from our building and then back up to the room in a few minutes at the end! This was perfect. Andi didn‘t join me, she is still not a huge fan of HEA, the girl holds a grudge. :rolleyes1

This was a nice relaxing evening and I really enjoy how easy it is to resort hop. The monorail resorts make it so easy. I recommend taking an evening to explore the resorts, it really enhances your trip.
::yes::

Stay tuned for MK and A Grand Tea! Coming soon.............
Sounds like a perfect evening!!

It's around 20 degrees here and I don't like it. I used to live in Minnesota and since I moved to Iowa I've been much more of a cold wuss. You must be much further north than me!

You're not kidding about flight prices! It's absolutely ridiculous how expensive flying has become in the past year!

An evening of resort hopping sounds delightful! I really look forward to staying at a monorail resort - it will be so nice to get to several other great resorts so easily! I'm also jealous of your very vacation dinner - a junk food dinner every once in a while is great!

Disney+ is up and running and Andi has already text me, saying she is crying, watching the Imagineering show.
Awww...
I just got it right now. Haven't seen a thing. :)
his change literally saved me $800.00 so I had to do it.
:eek: No kidding!!
I may change this up at some point using the DVC rental store discounted points. When you do this, you are limited to SSR or OKW.
What is this? Is this through David's?
This Friday I get to make our FP+ for January!
Yay!
I did something majorly stupid in August, I didn’t upgrade our US tickets to seasonal AP’s.
Oh, no. That would've saved you big $$$.
IMG_Nov122019at114101AM.jpg
<sigh> Because you'll either die slowly of a brain eating amoeba or quickly from a gator. :sad2:
we had a dole whip swirl and shared this. It was yummy!
Of course it was yummy! It's a Dole whip!
Love this shot! :)
This place is so nice. I want to stay here at some point.
me too!
It was over 90 degrees outside and inside the WL the fireplace was roaring, how funny is that.
:laughing: I never thought of that!
Poor thing. Warming up after almost freezing to death...
a magic bar for me
Nope! That thing has coconut in it.
the ultra modern Contemporary
:rolleyes:
I think even when it was built, it wasn't all that modern.
Up in our room we had potato chips and candy for dinner. :love: Junk food galore this evening! We did enjoy it.
:laughing:
I capped the night with going down to watch HEA in front of the Gasparilla Grill. This was so awesome. Perfect viewing of the fireworks and the music is piped in
Niiiice. :)
Andi didn‘t join me, she is still not a huge fan of HEA, the girl holds a grudge. :rolleyes1
Whoa!

We worked our way to the end of the trail and met up with Meghan. She looked so cute in her braids. Her husband was out walking the trail. We talked about our trips and of course about how hot it was!::yes:: Andi took our picture before we said our goodbye. It was nice saying hi to you Meghan! I didn’t realize at this time that we would meet again.
Neat! Always love seeing the dis meets!
It was soon time to say goodbye to Dugan, I wished him luck in his romantic adventures :laughing: The tour is 1 hour long, and this was just right in the August heat. Since, the tour is back stage and photos are a nono, the CM offers to take your photo with a prop at the end. This was very nice. They use your phone or camera, not photopass.
Sounds like a neat tour, but kind of a bummer that you can't even get a picture of the Rhino that you got to meet.
Where did fall go? Did I miss it?
Disney+ is up and running and Andi has already text me, saying she is crying, watching the Imagineering show. She loves it.
That show is awesome.
The lobby is very inviting. It was over 90 degrees outside and inside the WL the fireplace was roaring, how funny is that. It sure adds to the beauty of the rustic lodge.
I love that lobby, but it always makes me chuckle when I walk through there and see that fire going in the middle of the summer in central Florida.
That's what vacation is for.
Andi didn‘t join me, she is still not a huge fan of HEA, the girl holds a grudge. :rolleyes1
I can relate...

I could cry, it got cold so fast and winter is long enough!
You and me both :sad: It feels like winter is half the year!

Miss the EMH of the past
Me, too :sad2:

:scared1: Not cool at all.

This Friday I get to make our FP+ for January! :cheer2:
Yay!!! That's enough to take the chill from the weather off a bit! :thumbsup2

There is absolutely no pushing, shoving, or tall people in front of you, and I simply walked a few feet from our building and then back up to the room in a few minutes at the end! This was perfect.
Sounds like a dream!

:rotfl: That is too funny. I suppose I can too. I will never forgive Disney for taking away the Great Movie Ride :sad1:

Stay warm!! Glad you don't have to leave the house today!

Sounds like a fun time hopping from resort to resort! And enjoying lots of junk food :)

And a nice time watching HEA without all the hustle!
Thanks! The deep freeze is not fun. We are warming up into the 30’s today, oh boy!
The laid back evening was just what we needed. HEA is nice to watch from GF

Oh my goodness....that is cold!!! Yep, stay indoors where it`s warm and cosy.....

Hotels look beautiful, and I have to say a dole whip is one thing I`d go back to Disney for.....loved them!!!

We all make mistakes at times, and you can upgrade your ticket maybe for next time again??????

And some good savings on the flight!!!! Sometimes changing dates can make a lot of difference. Nice update...... :wave2:
Florida for the winter is looking better each year now!
Dole whips are one of our favorite snacks, they have a dole whip pineapple upside down cake now and it is yummy!
I don’t know what I was thinking regarding the US tickets, would have been so smart to get an AP, I won’t make that mistake again. I think it would have only cost an extra 50.00 for each, ugh!
Flights are so expensive during spring break times.

OOOH! I get to make ours this Saturday.
Lets compare notes this weekend. ::yes::
We've done this a bunch of times and love it!
Such a great no stress viewing area for HEA
so nice that you met up with Meghan!
It really was nice to say Hi to her!
That tours sounds amazing...definitely putting it on the list.
I highly recommend this tour, wonderful and great info!
Yum! We did the same at our Sanaa lunch.
We love this place!
Love that!!
It is so nice to get towel designs it is part of the Disney magic!
Sounds like a perfect evening!!
Such a stress free and relaxing evening!
Love this spot for FW
I agree totally, no fuss firework spot

It's around 20 degrees here and I don't like it. I used to live in Minnesota and since I moved to Iowa I've been much more of a cold wuss. You must be much further north than me!

You're not kidding about flight prices! It's absolutely ridiculous how expensive flying has become in the past year!

An evening of resort hopping sounds delightful! I really look forward to staying at a monorail resort - it will be so nice to get to several other great resorts so easily! I'm also jealous of your very vacation dinner - a junk food dinner every once in a while is great!
We are finally trending up to mid 30’s now, I will take it I guess! Yes, we live in Duluth so way up north. I have lived in cold snowy northern MN my whole life and I like it less and less the older I get!
March is awful for high flight prices, in January our same flight with Delta is $400.00 less per person than what they want in March, yikes!
Resort hopping is a nice laid back evening and junk food dinner is a must once in awhile I figured Sanaa was pretty healthy lol!

Awww...
I just got it right now. Haven't seen a thing.
I still haven’t watch anything on there yet. Andi and Jack are getting good use of my money, haha! Jack loves the SW stuff
What is this? Is this through David's?
No The DVC rental store is another site like David’s. I like better. They sell discounted points often for around 12.00 a point for OKW and SSR, check it out!
Oh, no. That would've saved you big $$$.
Yeah, Dumb move on my part
Because you'll either die slowly of a brain eating amoeba or quickly from a gator. :sad2:
So true!
Of course it was yummy! It's a Dole whip!
Love a Dole Whip at Disney
Poor thing. Warming up after almost freezing to death...
That air con can be brutal, :rotfl:
Nope! That thing has coconut in it.
It does along with many other yummy ingredients
think even when it was built, it wasn't all that modern.
So true!
Neat! Always love seeing the dis meets!
It really is a fun part of getting to know people on here
Sounds like a neat tour, but kind of a bummer that you can't even get a picture of the Rhino that you got to meet.
It was a fun and informative tour, boo to no pictures
Where did fall go? Did I miss it?
Yes, please come back fall!
That show is awesome.
I need to watch this on Disney+
love that lobby, but it always makes me chuckle when I walk through there and see that fire going in the middle of the summer in central Florida.
It adds to the ambience even if it is 100 degrees out:laughing:
That's what vacation is for.
Yes junk food is a must on vacation
I can relate.
She really misses Wishes and won’t let it go..... get what I did here
You and me both :sad: It feels like winter is half the year!
So true, I was telling my husband 6 months of winter is not cool!
Sounds like a dream!
It is such a nice place to watch HEA stress free!
That is too funny. I suppose I can too. I will never forgive Disney for taking away the Great Movie Ride
Don't even get her started on the Great Movie Ride, she loved it so much as did I. I hope I can get her on Mickey’s Railway when it opens!

I still haven’t watch anything on there yet. Andi and Jack are getting good use of my money, haha! Jack loves the SW stuff
I came home from work last night and watched this 30 minute Jeff Goldblum program about sneakers... Weird. Both the show and Jeff Goldblum.
So... that's what I chose to be the first thing I watched on it. :sad2:
No The DVC rental store is another site like David’s. I like better. They sell discounted points often for around 12.00 a point for OKW and SSR, check it out!
Okay! :)
Love a Dole Whip at Disney
:yes::
It does along with many other yummy ingredients
Great! So the coconut isn't needed. Take it out!

It is a bummer that SW doesn't fly direct to Orlando. My SIL is always going to Orlando since that's where both sides of their families are located, and she does say it gets old having to deal with layovers. Maybe one day!

Your resort hopping evening sounds lovely. My guilty pleasure is potato chips, so I actually understood the excitement over your Lays purchase. :rotfl2: On Halloween, because I was taking the kids trick or treating, I just did sandwiches and chips for dinner, and the kids kept laughing at me because I kept saying all afternoon, "I get to have chips!" So munching on that then watching HEA from afar seems like a pretty great night to me.

Florida for the winter is looking better each year now!
Dole whips are one of our favorite snacks, they have a dole whip pineapple upside down cake now and it is yummy!
I don’t know what I was thinking regarding the US tickets, would have been so smart to get an AP, I won’t make that mistake again. I think it would have only cost an extra 50.00 for each, ugh!
Flights are so expensive during spring break times.

Oh yes, our flights are shocking at the best of times! We just booked our flights for next September...... :scared1: Glad you’re all sorted though....

Yes, I can see why Florida would appeal so much given the weather you guys have regularly.......I’d be a complete hermit!

Dole whips are the best......anything pineapple for me works! Oh I’m sure you’ll get your UO AP! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!