“Mom, it’s the plague and on my Birthday!” 11/21-11/27/17 trip. Complete 2/26. New TR link!

I always love all the photos of you guys together. You are really making memories!
We had a nice flight over the world, we saw some real landmarks and some imposters posing as the real thing. #bring back Soarin over California! Anyone else on this bandwagon with me?
Absolutely!

We walked around Future World for a little while and headed into Club Cool to check out some foreign sodas. The CM in here saw Andi’s birthday button and told her she gets a free frozen drink so this was so nice, she chose the Frozen Coke.
Yeah, a CM told my sister that too but we kept forgetting to make our way over!

I drive so much for work that the buses allow me to chill and let somebody else take care of this. For me, personally, renting a car would stress me out!
I'm right there with ya. We have some of the worst traffic in the country and I may complain about the buses, but it sure beats being in a car!

We have done this dinner once before several years ago and I really loved it. Andi thought it was okay but not her favorite.
I don't think I've read too much about dinner here, only breakfast. Glad to see you all enjoyed. Those rolls and salad are right up my alley.

I loved this show so much, the music, singing, and story was so beautiful. I did tear up several times because of the Memories it brought back from celebrating Christmas with my Grandmother. Andi loved it as well. I am so glad we did this, it was my favorite part of the Thanksgiving trip.
I would love to see this sometime. Glad your ticket worked out well and you all enjoyed.

Cute pics at the Visa character spot!

Love all the character pics at Garden Grill. You should try breakfast there one day, very delicious.

I'm glad you enjoyed the CP! And very nice pics from the end of the night!

For me, personally, renting a car would stress me out!
Me too!!! I love being able to just not deal with that on vacation :thumbsup2

First thing for us was to hit the Visa meet and greet.
I always forget to do this :sad2: I did one a couple years ago and it was so fun!

#bring back Soarin over California! Anyone else on this bandwagon with me?
While I do love the world version, I do miss California. I wish they had both options and you could choose which queue to get in! :thumbsup2 There are certain scenes from California that I miss dearly.

We got some nice pictures and then enjoyed SE. This is one of my favorite attractions in all of WDW
Mine too! I never tire of it and do this several times each trip.

I love slowly going around LwtL, hearing the rooster, the dog, and the rain, it is so fun!
I bet this was so fun! I've always wanted to eat here for this reason alone!

After dinner we did our last FP at LwtL I love this attraction.
LwtL is one of my faves, I love just hoping on a boat and having such a peaceful ride through the land :goodvibes

We started talking with a nice family, they told us the Candlelight Processional right after Thanksgiving is a family tradition for them. It symbolizes the start of the Holiday season for them. They had dinner at Tokyo Dining and really enjoyed it. I thought this was so nice especially because their boys were in their 20’s and still loved to come to Epcot for this tradition with their parents and grandparents.
Awww, I love this. How sweet :goodvibes

I love SE! I wonder if they'll ever update it. I could see it happening eventually, but I think people also expect it to stay the way it is. I think it's perfect the way it is now.

Yum! Love shortcake!

Yeah, I wondered if your experience was anything like Raeven's. Good to know that it isn't always a terrible free-for-all all the time!

Oh my gosh. Uggh! I hate stuff like this!! Especially since I was a voice major and amateur people singing along obnoxiously for long periods of time always take away from the musical experience for me. Or like people who go into a ride like Haunted Mansion and quote the whole thing along with the ride! I don't mind if people join in the fun and quote a line or two or something, but it's really distracting when people say the whole spiel just to show they have it memorized, etc.

Uh oh....
Our dinner was really nice and the dessert was yummy! I loved the CP show it was wonderful. I am glad we didn’t have all the pushing and rudeness, Kurt Russell is more popular so that may have been why @Raeven had more pushy people.
The guy singing was rather annoying, do it in your head people!!

Just came across your report, so I'm only on page 2, but I had to say I love this attitude! I always feel better letting go of something if I think it will bless someone else.

Excited to read the rest of the report!
:welcome:Glad to have you reading and commenting Thank you! I am a very easy going person, have to be in my profession RN, our you would drive your self mad, lol!

I always love all the photos of you guys together. You are really making memories!

Absolutely!

Yeah, a CM told my sister that too but we kept forgetting to make our way over!

Thank you, we do have some great memories of our trips, I will be reminiscing especially when she is gone to college in the fall!

I'm right there with ya. We have some of the worst traffic in the country and I may complain about the buses, but it sure beats being in a car!

I don't think I've read too much about dinner here, only breakfast. Glad to see you all enjoyed. Those rolls and salad are right up my alley.

I would love to see this sometime. Glad your ticket worked out well and you all enjoyed.
We really enjoyed the dinner, certainly nothing fancy but a great atmosphere and food was decent!
The CP was so enjoyable.

Cute pics at the Visa character spot!

Love all the character pics at Garden Grill. You should try breakfast there one day, very delicious.

I'm glad you enjoyed the CP! And very nice pics from the end of the night!
Thank you, we always try to get the pictures at the Visa spot, usually very chill there and the characters are great.
We have had breakfast there and I agree very good.
CP was so nice, loved it!

Me too!!! I love being able to just not deal with that on vacation :thumbsup2

I always forget to do this :sad2: I did one a couple years ago and it was so fun!

While I do love the world version, I do miss California. I wish they had both options and you could choose which queue to get in! :thumbsup2 There are certain scenes from California that I miss dearly.

Mine too! I never tire of it and do this several times each trip.

I bet this was so fun! I've always wanted to eat here for this reason alone!

LwtL is one of my faves, I love just hoping on a boat and having such a peaceful ride through the land :goodvibes

Awww, I love this. How sweet :goodvibes
The Visa meet is a good one at Epcot so we try to do each time. I enjoy Soarin just prefer the old version. That would be great if you could do both, hey Disney are you listening, haha!
LwtL is so relaxing. My son works for the Dept. of Agriculture in research and I always tell him to try and get a position in the land since Disney works with that Dept. he just laughs:confused3

LwtL is so relaxing. My son works for the Dept. of Agriculture in research and I always tell him to try and get a position in the land since Disney works with that Dept. he just laughs:confused3
OMG working in the Land pavilion would be AMAZING!!! You and Andi need to try harder on your Disney brainwashing :rotfl: Maybe bribe him with being so close to the Japan pavilion for his candy ;)

Finally all caught up! I have to agree with on this:

Soarin was our first FP+. We had a nice flight over the world, we saw some real landmarks and some imposters posing as the real thing. #bring back Soarin over California! Anyone else on this bandwagon with me?

I don't dislike the new one. - It's still fun! But I did like the old one better.

Don't you just love the convenience of DS from POFQ

6d4ce618-068f-463b-9f81-1d854c544383-jpeg.293740

2a301be7-471e-402b-a6a0-7169b167f7c0-jpeg.293734
I bought this same shirt (LOVE IT) and Mark really wanted that Disney throw but I vetoed him as we have way too many throws at home as it is.

Crissy Field cookie bits Sundae.
Now you got me craving ice cream.

Cute picture

Loving the updates! I'm on the fence about switching my April reservation to POFQ. It just looks SO pretty. I've never stayed there.

I have that Epcot Center sweatshirt Andi is wearing :goodvibes
I've wanted to do GG lunch or dinner again, the last time we did it was 2007 lol. We've done breakfast twice recently but both times the characters kind of sucked for us so I thought maybe a different meal would work better! Your platter looks good but yeah, the Mac n cheese looks like it doesn't belong. I can get behind that dessert, though!

11/21/17. Day 1.

Hey, I just found your trip report, and have to follow along! We were in the World this week as well, and in fact 11/21/2017 was my 50th birthday! :flower1: When my hubby asked what I wanted to do for my 50th, of course I wanted to spend it at Disney World! We were at the Magic Kingdom that day as well, so I'm off to see if we made it into any of your photos :thumbsup2

Don't you just love the convenience of DS from POFQ

I bought this same shirt (LOVE IT) and Mark really wanted that Disney throw but I vetoed him as we have way too many throws at home as it is.

Now you got me craving ice cream.

Cute picture
I forgot how nice it is having the boats to DS after different resort stays, I love it

Great minds think a like right? I am going to wear my new shirt on February trip

The ice cream was so yummy, a definite must do now!

Thank you!

Loving the updates! I'm on the fence about switching my April reservation to POFQ. It just looks SO pretty. I've never stayed there.
Thank you! Oh if I was on the fence I would definitely jump over to FQ, I don’t think you will be disappointed. It has many positives. Boat to DS, bus system is good because of smaller resort, QS options are decent, grounds are beautiful, and a very relaxing environment after the busy parks.
We have never stayed at an All stars so cant compare to that. We have stayed at Pop and AoA and I would choose FQ over those.

I have that Epcot Center sweatshirt Andi is wearing :goodvibes
I've wanted to do GG lunch or dinner again, the last time we did it was 2007 lol. We've done breakfast twice recently but both times the characters kind of sucked for us so I thought maybe a different meal would work better! Your platter looks good but yeah, the Mac n cheese looks like it doesn't belong. I can get behind that dessert, though!
Andi loves that sweatshirt, got a lot of use in November.
I really enjoyed the dinner and we had a good Booth, waiter, and character interaction so this makes it all the more enjoyable! We had one really bad breakfast there, food was fine but waitress was terrible!
Dessert was very good!

Hey, I just found your trip report, and have to follow along! We were in the World this week as well, and in fact 11/21/2017 was my 50th birthday! :flower1: When my hubby asked what I wanted to do for my 50th, of course I wanted to spend it at Disney World! We were at the Magic Kingdom that day as well, so I'm off to see if we made it into any of your photos :thumbsup2
:welcome:Happy belated Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful Birthday trip. We always start in MK if it works on our first day, such a fun park, we didn’t think it was to awful crowded the first few days, how about you all?

Joining in! Really enjoying your report so far.
My daughter is about the same age as yours (turns 18 in April), but she has no interest in Disney.:sad:

:welcome:Happy belated Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful Birthday trip. We always start in MK if it works on our first day, such a fun park, we didn’t think it was to awful crowded the first few days, how about you all?

Thank you! I had an amazing trip, it was the perfect way to celebrate! We actually were there from the Saturday before (11/18) through the 22nd, and the only day that was rough was the 22nd. My birthday at the Magic Kingdom was great! So far your trip sounds fabulous :thumbsup2

........................DAY 6. PART 1. Animals in the morning, fun at AK!.........................

Hello Everyone,

Time to update this trip! When I left off, we had a wonderful evening in Epcot! Today was our last full day at WDW. It was Andi’s actual Birthday today, she was now an adult, 18! :bday: The time sure flies when having fun on vacation.

We went to AK right at RD, we didn’t have to wait to long for a bus. It was a nice day today, cool in the morning but warmed up quickly. There was no rain in the forecast today so we were happy since we had the MVMCP this evening.

We broke away from the Pandora crowds and went the opposite way to our favorite ride Dinosaur. We rode SB with no wait, I don’t know why I love this bumping dark ride but I sure do. I learned about the ketchup and mustard lines in the loading area on the Dis, so I looked for those. I do remember when McDonalds was all over the park, years ago, do miss there French fries in the parks!
15319A08-6046-4150-9A1C-37FE84CD5843.jpeg 82338799-4725-46E7-819E-B4A0D0636F8D.jpeg

We decided to do the Gorilla trail, when did they change the name?? We have grown to love exploring the trails here at AK. We were able to see the hippo today, many fish, turtles, meerkats, and of course some gorillas. We snapped a few pictures. It was not real crowded in this area yet so we were able to spend some time watching the different animals without feeling like we were in the way of others.
A7C8318B-042D-4D2A-9B92-15B8D4CD33F0.jpeg 5BD5FDB5-91CD-4C25-B66B-266F62145092.jpeg

It was almost time for our FoP ride so we tried to go into Pandora from the Bridge in Africa, however it wasn’t opened yet. I love entering that way! We walked around to the main entrance into Pandora. It was definitely busy in there. FoP had about a 2 hour wait! We got in fairly quickly in the FP entrance, didn’t see any line jumpers today. Andi was hoping we would get the higher area but we were on the lower level, I think? Again, this was awesome, ride this if you can on your trip, you will love it.
2F8D2DBA-3B73-4FA3-88A8-78A81C46CF4E.jpeg F53347E4-C715-43D7-B512-2A1C2E781AD1.jpeg
We explored Pandora some, shared a Night Blossom drink, and enjoyed the nice weather. We hadn’t really had any breakfast so we decided to get some food at Flame Tree BBQ. Flame Tree was not open yet so I got in line because it was opening in a few minutes. There was a more mature CM managing the line and she was so nice. She spent time talking to everyone, handing out menus, and keeping people entertained until it was time to open.

We decided to share the French Fries with pulled pork and cheese and I also got a kids hot dog meal.
The fries were very good, however, I thought skimpy amount, usually Flame Tree has big portions. These were rather small, I would suggest not sharing these if you are really hungry and you are not getting a meal. Definitely share if you have a meal for yourself. It was fine for us because we had a fairly early dinner at CRT for Andi’s Birthday. We sat by the water with a nice view of Everest. There was another very nice CM offering to carry people’s food trays down to there table.
0EB74D2E-668C-45C3-B4CB-F7040B9E6AE7.jpeg
0066A369-926D-4564-8575-43A65659BDB5.jpeg

We headed back into Dinoland and had some pictures done in a Spot we hadn’t done before. The CM had a few props for us to use. We had a FP for Dinosaur, so we traveled back in time one more time and had a blast. We still had a fair amount of time before our Safari FP and Andi was starting to feel tired yikes! Foreshadowing! We decided to skip it and head back to the resort to rest before MK and our ADR. We had to wait over 30 minutes for a bus so that sucked! There was a family with two little kids and they were fuming! They called to complain and were told a bus was on its way, well it wasn’t we still had to wait awhile. I found out they had been waiting almost 50 minutes. That is not good. I am not sure why but that is way to long to wait for a bus!! The bus showed up and we were on our way.
B49F171D-57AC-469B-B28C-76BDFA81CC46.jpeg F5E858C9-D1E5-493B-B61A-C4B27F855C55.jpeg

We took a rest at the resort.........

Stay tuned for PART 2. The trip title comes to fruition yikes!!!
Joining in! Really enjoying your report so far.
My daughter is about the same age as yours (turns 18 in April), but she has no interest in Disney.:sad:

:welcome:Thanks for reading and commenting. I thought Andi would lose interest as she got older but she developed a deep love for all things Disney! More than me even.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!