“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got a chance to get back on here and upload my adjusted party map (magic shots and character locations). This was made using the info from the PDFs on the main thread, but just helped me to have a visual. Its been said that maps are hard to read at night with the low light, so keep that in mind if you decide to utilize this

Well done! Your map has been added to the Main page on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989837"]Post #3[/URL]! Thank you for your hard work we greatly appreciate it! :thumbsup2

Itinerary Peeps!

We have another party coming up tomorrow Tuesday, Sept. 11. I'd like to see what happens before we start on the August 25th itineraries. I'd like to have a few more meets.

Looking through #MNSSHP and found this post. I have a hard time believing it was taken on Sept. 7th party as several DISer's stated the crowds were low.

upload_2018-9-10_15-56-49.png

Look at the crowds during the parade at Frontierland, maybe 2/3 deep. That's not crowded.

upload_2018-9-10_15-49-59.png

Brightened up a bit.
upload_2018-9-10_15-51-0.png

If this is your location for the parade keep an eye on it. ::yes::

Good Luck - fingers crossed for good fortune and pixie dust.

Oh no! I hope he's okay. Is it serious?

2016 I had an emergency too and Disney was very understanding they gave me 100% of my money back including 2 nights worth of party tickets. Delta did the same. We did not not incur any fees what so ever.

Please keep us updated. :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear that. Praying.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! It was a rough weekend, but I'm happy to say that DH came home from the hospital today!

Disney was wonderful when I called to cancel everything! Super nice CMs every time I called. And we were flying Southwest, so no issues there, either.

We've already booked our makeup trip... Now I'm off to find the MVMCP threads! 73 more days!

Thanks for all of your help! And I hope you all have a great time at MNSSHP!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! It was a rough weekend, but I'm happy to say that DH came home from the hospital today!

Disney was wonderful when I called to cancel everything! Super nice CMs every time I called. And we were flying Southwest, so no issues there, either.

We've already booked our makeup trip... Now I'm off to find the MVMCP threads! 73 more days!

Thanks for all of your help! And I hope you all have a great time at MNSSHP!

Great to hear! Yep, Disney is really quite generous! Have a wonderful Halloween and MVMCP!

Party Entrance - What a bunch of Hocus Pocus! :stir:

Many months ago newbies were asking about the party "Special Entrance" on the Main Halloween thread and were being told crazy stuff. An assortment of DISers were claiming if you go through it you would never have to worry about your regular park tickets being accidentally scanned because it was "designed to read specifically for party tickets" :eek: and "you have to go through the designated entrance". I believe someone even said "you must". :sad2: Oh. My. Goodness! I wrote plenty about this topic and did it for MONTHS!

Thankfully @K&T posted their experience during the 7th party on Sunday, Sept. 9, read on:

"Arrived at the MK gates at 3:20, and the lines at some of the event entrances were already at least 50 deep. There was no cover, and it was insanely hot. However, there was an entrance where no one was standing yet between where the crowds were already lined up and the DVC entrance to the right. I walked over, asked a cast member if that one was going to open and was told yes, so we waited there in partial shade pressed up against the rope while most of the rest of the sheep kept lining up in the longest lines farther to the left. At about 3:55, our entrance opened, and we were literally the first people let in for the party (other than DVC, of course). We were getting our wristbands while other entrances hadn't even opened yet. So, the message here is that, if it says "Event Entrance" over a gate, it's going to open for the party, and you don't need to line up behind everyone else just because there's already a line there."

Main Halloween Thread: Post #8776
Shorter Version: Post #9001

This has been posted in Post #2: Itinerary Guidelines for Creating & Posting
Look for: Party Entrance

Last edited:

NEWS & NOTES

Highlights on the 8th party Tuesday, Sept. 11: Starts on Page 442/Post #8835

Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket being sold at 5:41, one location ONLY at the hub. [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/page-442#post-59728026"]Post #8835[/URL]

Rain and lightning was a major negative for many, not only were BTMRR & Splash down during the storm so were Pirates and SM. Again characters were not at their locations due to the weather. So much unknown, where to go and what to do during this time frame.

Jack & Sally 3:30-5:15 [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/page-445#post-59729838"]Post #8899[/URL] (1 hr. 45 min)

Stitch 5:50?-6:45 [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/page-445#post-59729838"]Post #8899[/URL] (55 min+/-)

Queen of Hearts & Tweedles 6:50-7:50 [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/page-445#post-59729838"]Post #8899[/URL]

I have added additional information from Sunday, Sept 9th party on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/page-158#post-59720797"]Post #3148[/URL]
Just look for the asterix *

And made some changes to TWO Main Posts:

Post #6: Character List - Location, Times Guide

I added Indoor/Outdoor and instead of "Location" it reads "*More" some have confirmed Rain Locations so be sure to check that out. Again, if lightning is also going on these characters will not be there. [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989840"]Post #6[/URL]

Post #9: Rides / Magic Shots & More!
I actually deleted the rides and focused more on what was closed during inclement weather and fireworks. I'm still waiting for confirmation on a few more rides and will update. [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989843"]Post #9[/URL]

Tuesday, 9/25 - Me, DW, DD17

2:00-2:30 - Arrive at MK/get band
1:50-2:50 FP - PotC
3:00-4:15 Dole whip, Jungle cruise and maybe a Moana M&G before Splash mountain FP
4:15-5:15 FP Splash mountain
5:25-6:25 FP BTMRR
6:00-6:45 DISmeet at HM? and then ride HM.
6:45-8:30 Rides, 7D M&G tag team with snacks, ToT, PP opps
8:30 Hocus Pocus DW & DD
8:30 Me get spot for Boo to you parade in Frontierland (DD & DW join after hocus pocus)
9:15 Boo to you parade
Go get spot for Hallowishes immediately after (or follow parade to hub area)
10:15 Hallowishes
10:40-12:30 Rides, ToT and PP opps.

6:45-8:30 and 10:40-12:30 will be whatever strikes our fancy times. I am planning yes, but I want to leave time for spontaneity as well.

With Moana meeting at 5:45 people have been lining up at 3:30 I suggest using Tag Team. I would rotate who stays in her line while the other two in your party do FP's. You can figure this out but I set it up as an example.

Tuesday, 9/25 - Me, DW, DD17

2:00-2:30
Arrive at MK/get band
1:50-2:50 FP - PotC
3:00-3:45 Dole whip (15min) & Jungle cruise (30 min)
3:55-5:50 Moana - Just one person in your party needs to stay here - DD17
Tag Team: You & DW arrive at 4:10, 4:10-4:45 Splash Mountain
Tag Team: DD17 arrive at 4:50, 4:50-5:10 Splash Mountain
Tag Team: DW & DD17 5:20-5:45 BTMRR - You will not have time to get from BTMRR to Moana
6:00-6:45 DISmeet at HM? and then ride HM.

The Dwarfs start meeting at 6:15 however people start the line at 3:30 and use Tag Team
6:45-8:30 Dwarfs M&G - Again, you will need to decide who will stay in line. Be sure to ask CM how long the wait will be, you'll be able to figure out how much time you'll have before meeting her.
Tag Team: Rides - This will be a great time for you to ride BTMRR
Tag Team: Snacks
Tag Team: ToT
Tag Team: PP opps
8:30 Hocus Pocus DW & DD
8:30 Me get spot for Boo to you parade in Frontierland (DD & DW join after hocus pocus)
9:15 Boo to you parade
Go get spot for Hallowishes immediately after (or follow parade to hub area)
10:15 Hallowishes
10:40-12:30 Rides, ToT and PP opps.

6:45-8:30 and 10:40-12:30 will be whatever strikes our fancy times. I am planning yes, but I want to leave time for spontaneity as well

Just a few notes for you to keep in mind. PhotoPass typically has little to no wait during the last show of Hocus Pocus on Main Street. There are about four of them and can do many Magic Shots be sure to ask for them. Also Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card can be picked up at City Hall then be sure to get your Headless Horseman Magic Shot on your way out.

Have a great trip and I hope to hear about your trip!

Last edited:
UPDATE - Itineraries

We'll be working on the following itineraries next week: Please note now that DVC are let in earlier many Meet & Greet lines have been starting at 3:30, you will need to rethink your itinerary.

@LucyBC80 9/30 Post #619 / Your itinerary is well constructed but you have not made changes since DVC are allowed in earlier I believe you know what to expect it just isn't noticeable in your itinerary.

@d1sneyl0ver 10/02 Post #2766/My post #2821

@SimplyTink 10/4 Post #2457/Cluelyss #2462

Last edited:
Hi! I need help with my itinerary for 9/30. Attending are Me (mom), DH, and DD (5). We are attending with DD’s bestie and parents. They have CRT at 4:30, so we will be on our own a bit. I have the Plaza dessert party with parade viewing, but I’m 99% sure I will drop it because the companion family doesn’t have it. I’d rather not tag team too much. Below are my FPs and wish list. We have park passes so we can arrive a little early. Thank you!!!

FPs: M&G with Tinker Bell 3:30-4:30; Peter Pan 4:30-5:30; Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger 5:30-6:00

Wishlist

Magic Shots (must dos with *)

Headless Horseman Magic Shot: Entrance of Magic Kingdom Park

*Pumpkin Photo Op: Main Street near the Fire Station

Flaming Pumpkin Magic Shot: Main Street in front of Cinderella Castle

*Poison Apple Cauldron Magic Shot: Main Street, Adventureland, Bypass

Food:

Jack Skellington Cake Push Pop

Maleficent ice cream.

Cosmic Ray’s for dinner. We need to sit down for about .5 hour.

Attractions

Disney Jr dance party; tea cups; M&G with all Alice and Wonderland Characters (important for only my family unit); Hocus Pocus, Parade (hopefully on Main Street or need Cacys), and Fireworks (hopefully where we can see projections). Rides, including maybe HM.

Shopping for exclusive party merch.

Leave shortly after fireworks.

UPDATE - Itineraries

We'll be working on the following itineraries next week: Please note now that DVC are let in earlier many Meet & Greet lines have been starting at 3:30, you will need to rethink your itinerary.

@disneyfanforlife68 9/30 Post #2264 / I have not seen any updates to your itinerary, are you good to go?

@LucyBC80 9/30 Post #619 / Your itinerary is well constructed but you have not made changes since DVC are allowed in earlier I believe you know what to expect it just isn't noticeable in your itinerary.

@d1sneyl0ver 10/02 Post #2766/My post #2821

@SimplyTink 10/4 Post #2457/Cluelyss #2462

I can’t get the three girls to commit to anything at all. They just want to wing it and I know that is not a good plan but the trip is for them.

Hi! I need help with my itinerary for 9/30. Attending are Me (mom), DH, and DD (5). We are attending with DD’s bestie and parents. They have CRT at 4:30, so we will be on our own a bit. I have the Plaza dessert party with parade viewing, but I’m 99% sure I will drop it because the companion family doesn’t have it. I’d rather not tag team too much. Below are my FPs and wish list. We have park passes so we can arrive a little early. Thank you!!!

FPs: M&G with Tinker Bell 3:30-4:30; Peter Pan 4:30-5:30; Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger 5:30-6:00

Wishlist

Magic Shots (must dos with *)

Headless Horseman Magic Shot: Entrance of Magic Kingdom Park

*Pumpkin Photo Op: Main Street near the Fire Station

Flaming Pumpkin Magic Shot: Main Street in front of Cinderella Castle

*Poison Apple Cauldron Magic Shot: Main Street, Adventureland, Bypass

Food:

Jack Skellington Cake Push Pop

Maleficent ice cream.

Cosmic Ray’s for dinner. We need to sit down for about .5 hour.

Attractions

Disney Jr dance party; tea cups; M&G with all Alice and Wonderland Characters (important for only my family unit); Hocus Pocus, Parade (hopefully on Main Street or need Cacys), and Fireworks (hopefully where we can see projections). Rides, including maybe HM.

Shopping for exclusive party merch.

Leave shortly after fireworks.
You got some good advice on the main thread regarding the meet and greets. Feel free to continue asking questions over there if you still need help with your plans.

A few other comments: I’d plan your dinner between 6 and 7 so you are not wasting any party time eating. Plan to do your Main Street magic shots and shopping as you exit the park.

In front of Casey’s is a great spot to watch the fireworks with minimal crowds and a great view of the projections. The hub will be mobbed for the early Hocus Pocus shows and first parade, so plan accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter