“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on an itinerary, but I had a quick question. What time should my party of 9 line up for the Alice in Wonderland characters if the plan is to meet them as early as possible? What time should we expect to be finished? Planning on the Friday, September 14 party date... Thanks!

Queen of Hearts & Tweedles are in one line, Alice & Mad Hatter are in another - so two separate lines and I would do the Queen & Tweedles first as they have the longest. Line up at 6:30, they come out at 7pm and you should be done in 5-8 minutes if you are first. Then line up for Alice & Hatter this might be a bit of a wait so maybe 30-40 minutes? Alice & Hatter arrive at 7pm.

NOTE: All characters sign autographs and photopass is available.

7:15-8:05 [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/page-368#post-59664709"]Post #7359[/URL]

In 2017 I met Queen of Hearts & Tweedles at the Mad Tea Party at the Right red star. Alice & Hatter were stationed at the red star on the Left.

upload_2018-4-23_2-1-49.png

upload_2018-4-23_2-2-5.png

This post has been edited.

Last edited:
Queen of Hearts & Tweedles are in one line, Alice & Mad Hatter are in another - so two separate lines and I would do the Queen & Tweedles first as they have the longest. Line up at 6:30, they come out at 7pm and you should be done in 5-8 minutes if your first. Then line up for Alice & Hatter this might be a bit of a wait so maybe 30-40 minutes?

I did not know they met separately so thank you for that! This is an awesome thread for MNSSHP rookies planning their first party so thank you for taking the time to offer feedback!

To help with the blow if interested, I Triple Dog Dare you to dress as the Pirates of the Caribbean - Red Head woman, take a picture with Captain Jack Sparrow and post it here. In return I'll pay for your party ticket in full including taxes via Pay Pal. You must hold a sign that says "FoxC63/DIS". Interested?
You will not need to wear the costume all night, unless you want to.

EDIT: Here's the photo of the Red Head...
View attachment 317307
Do we get extra points if we go the extra mile and dye our hair bright red? JK LOL

I really enjoy meeting Disney characters but some of the masked ones creep me out. Does anyone know if the Fairy Godmother is masked or have they changed her appearance?

View attachment 317369

Here's Bo Peep... :scared:
View attachment 317370

I like this one, but why plastic hair and not a blonde wig?
View attachment 317371

I wonder if we'll get to see new characters when Toy Story Land officially opens on June 30th or even after. So far Thomas Smith, Disney Parks Editorial Content Director has a very lax posture answering simple questions on the Disney Parks Blog. What's up with that? :confused3
Link: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...n-toy-story-land-at-walt-disney-world-resort/
I'm thinking the plastic hair to look more toy like? Just guessing, but I've never seen Bo Peep, that would be a cool character to get.

October 25
Myself & DSis
Focus: Parades, Hocus Pocus, Magic Shots. Must-ride Pirates & HM; we'll try to ride 7DMT and PPF, but not as invested. We'll trick or treat as we go.
FP: 7DMT or PPF, 5ish-6ish (attempting 4th FP)
  • Half-day at AK until 2:30, hopefully in MK by 4:30-5pm.
4:30-5:10 MK party entrance & wristbands
5:10-5:30 Daylight Magic Shot, SotMK card - Main Street
5:35-6:05 7DMT/PPF (FP)
6:05-6:50 Magic Shots & dining - Fantasyland
6:55-7:30 Haunted Mansion (10 min. ride)
7:30-7:50 Magic Shots & Madames - Liberty Square
8:00-8:15 Cadaver Dans
8:20-8:50 Pirates of the Caribbean (8 min. ride)
9:00-9:40 Magic Shots & merch - Main Street
9:45-10:20 Watch Hallowishes from the Crystal Palace lawn area
  • Tag Team: Pumpkin waffles from Sleepy Hollow Inn
10:20-10:45 Get a spot in the Hub for Hocus Pocus @10:45

After this I'm not sure. Should we move between Main Street and the Hub for the 11:15pm Parade and the 12am Hocus Pocus show? Should we run around for last minute treats?

Thursday, October 25
Myself & DSis

Focus: Parades, Hocus Pocus, Magic Shots. Must-ride Pirates & HM; we'll try to ride 7DMT and PPF, but not as invested. We'll trick or treat as we go.
FP: 7DMT or PPF, 5ish-6ish (attempting 4th FP)
  • Half-day at AK until 2:30, hopefully in MK by 4:30-5pm.
4:30-5:10 MK party entrance & wristbands
5:10-5:30 Daylight Magic Shot, SotMK card - Main Street
5:35-6:05 7DMT/PPF (FP)
6:05-6:50 Magic Shots & dining - Fantasyland
6:55-7:30 Haunted Mansion (10 min. ride)
7:30-7:50 Magic Shots & Madames - Liberty Square
8:00-8:15 Cadaver Dans
8:20-8:50 Pirates of the Caribbean (8 min. ride)
9:00-9:40 Magic Shots & merch - Main Street
9:45-10:20 Watch Hallowishes from the Crystal Palace lawn area
  • Tag Team: Pumpkin waffles from Sleepy Hollow Inn
10:20-10:45 Get a spot in the Hub for Hocus Pocus @10:45

After this I'm not sure. Should we move between Main Street and the Hub for the 11:15pm Parade and the 12am Hocus Pocus show? Should we run around for last minute treats?

Hi and :welcome: to the party! You did an awesome job on your itinerary! Very easy flowing for a Thursday party as far as I can tell. Just to confirm are you wanting to do TWO Hocus Pocus Shows? To be honest I would leave your plans alone for now. We still need confirmation from Disney when MNSSHP events will take place. They changed their time structure last year which made things difficult to plan. @Cluelyss knows more about Hocus Pocus so I can't help you there.

FYI - It's recommended to Trick or Treat later in the evening to avoid the crowds and this late into the party I think it will be busy but we should know more in late September when ticket sales increase.

I have added your itinerary to the MAIN page so please do not re-post it. If you make any changes just drop a note and include your Post #487. I know where to find you :-)

Every Halloween my Male boss dresses as a female...famous ones...LOL!

Yes! There is a famous guy who is a makeup artist and fashion designer and posts photos of himself as Disney Princesses and he looks AMAZING!

Did anyone last year line up first thing for Jack and Sally and then go to Moana? If so, what time were you finished with Moana? Thanks!

Did anyone last year line up first thing for Jack and Sally and then go to Moana? If so, what time were you finished with Moana? Thanks!

IIRC, it was the other way around because 2017 was her first year out. Her line was the absolute longest once word got out she was meeting. It's possible to meet both but woof! that's a chunk of time. I'll go back to the 2017 threads and see what I can find. Unfortunately not a whole lot of DISers wrote back about their trip which is most helpful to us.

Last edited:
@lvcourtneyy I did post wait times from those who did report back:

Moana
4:20-5:55 = 1hr 35min, 4:30-5:30 = 1hr, 6:10-8:10 = 2hr.

Jack Skellington and Sally

Hope these links work via copy & paste!

EDIT: Oh, yes they do! But look at the dates of their party and key elements of their party - rain, hurricane Irma and more rain. Factor that in for longer waits.

I’m just trying to figure out if we are first in Jack and Sally’s line and then go to Moana, can we be done by 7 pm? That would put us getting in Moana’s like prob like 5:20 pm

I’m just trying to figure out if we are first in Jack and Sally’s line and then go to Moana, can we be done by 7 pm? That would put us getting in Moana’s like prob like 5:20 pm

Timing is about right. Some people even saw Moana later in the evening with slightly lower waits. Again that's a lot of digging on @monique5 MAIN 2017 thread. I will look but for now this is all I have to help you gauge. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter