“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the Mad Tea Party and Space Mountain lighting will be done the same time they decorate the park. Adding a new sound track to Space is not a major issue and most likely will be a flick of the switch. And then there's Pirates of the Caribbean, my take is that we'll be encountering CM's dressed as pirates so I doubt there will be any down time there either. Not sure why people are assuming there would be any down time for these enhancements.

Specialty Treat, Characters, Merchandise at the stores and the outdoor carts should not change unless Disney plans on making changes.

I would still plan to go according to your itinerary.

I was just curious as this is a change from last year where it regular park hours closed at 6 and the party started at 6. With the difference now, I was just interested as to if they'd actually close and reopen lines. We've got a BOG at 6:40 so I'd be more tempted to keep if it the early party reports state that they actually close lines at 6.

I was just curious as this is a change from last year where it regular park hours closed at 6 and the party started at 6. With the difference now, I was just interested as to if they'd actually close and reopen lines. We've got a BOG at 6:40 so I'd be more tempted to keep if it the early party reports state that they actually close lines at 6.

What lines are you referring to?

The party official starts at 7pm not 6pm.
Only certain rides and shows shut down for the entire evening Hall of Presidents, Jungle Cruise, and Tom Sawyer Island around 6pm. Don't quote me on that but I'm pretty sure.
Nothing really closes down. CM's might make two lines one for day guests and another for party guests. As soon as all the day guest ride or view the party guests are waved in. There's no "closing down" like CM's taking a 10 or 15 minute break.

Last edited:

We did the Christmas party last year, which was the first time they closed the park at 6 instead of 7. We had no problem getting on rides between 6 and 7.

We did the Christmas party last year, which was the first time they closed the park at 6 instead of 7. We had no problem getting on rides between 6 and 7.

This was our experience as well. Starting at 6, they just checked for a wrist band and we got in line like normal.

This was our experience as well. Starting at 6, they just checked for a wrist band and we got in line like normal.

Awesome - that's the info I was looking for! Thank you! Really hoping to pick up a non party night BOG dinner so I can cancel the one we've got.

We have Chef Mickey’s booked at 2:00 on our MNSSHP day. It’s our first party. Is 2:00 a good time or should I make it for earlier?

Also, I put my itinerary up a long time ago and I’m not sure how to get to it!

We have Chef Mickey’s booked at 2:00 on our MNSSHP day. It’s our first party. Is 2:00 a good time or should I make it for earlier?

Also, I put my itinerary up a long time ago and I’m not sure how to get to it!

Stick with 2pm. We usually eat at that time too, then get dressed and head out. Perfect timing imo.

Go to page one on this thread and simply click on your name!

M
WARNING - First issue with FP's on party ticket has been reported!

Without reiterating the details, please see: Post #3284

Please note, last year not everyone was affected. It was bizarre why some were and other's were not. I hope this does not prevent you from trying, should you proceed please keep an eye on your email and MDE account. And if you experience anything, please keep us informed. Thank you!

I tried to book fp for party today, grrrrr! I was one who didn’t have this problem last year and I guess now it’s my turn! I get message that my fp limit has been reached. I attempted speaking w/ IT; however, 75 minute wait today at 4:00 today!!!

M

I tried to book fp for party today, grrrrr! I was one who didn’t have this problem last year and I guess now it’s my turn! I get message that my fp limit has been reached. I attempted speaking w/ IT; however, 75 minute wait today at 4:00 today!!!

Oh this stinks! So sorry to hear this. Keep trying Disney IT cause no one else can help you.

Last edited:
do you fast passes generally become harder to get between four and six on party nights? I have an AP so I don't think I'll have a problem making fast passes but I will only be able to book 7 out of eight days. So I thought maybe I would book fast passes for party after my first day of being there which would be about five days before the party

do you fast passes generally become harder to get between four and six on party nights? I have an AP so I don't think I'll have a problem making fast passes but I will only be able to book 7 out of eight days. So I thought maybe I would book fast passes for party after my first day of being there which would be about five days before the party
Yes, as you have both day guests and party guests both scheduling them. I wouldn’t expect much to be available a week out.

Last edited:
What should I do about this email? Do I need to cancel or should I phone? I"m worried that if I phone that I will still have issues on my last day. It will be our only chance to ride FOP so I don't want to miss with that.

What should I do about this email? Do I need to cancel or should I phone? I"m worried that if I phone that I will still have issues on my last day. It will be our only chance to ride FOP so I don't want to miss with that.

I would suggest deleted the FP for the party night. Better to not have those then lose the FOP one on your last day.

We are in the same boat with FOP ones on our last day. However, we booked all the other FP first, and then booked the MNSSHP FP+ as the last ones we booked, and I have not received an e-mail. There may also be an effect for us that 3 of the 4 of us have APs, so maybe the system is ignoring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter