“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

I was almost vanellope last year lol. There are people on Etsy who sell hair clips with the candy on them! Or you could probably make them yourself if you’re crafty.

View attachment 315540
I am in no way crafty lol. I'm super tempted to just order the actual costume for $59, but that's a lot of money. Seems like I might be spending close to the same amount to make it myself, though.

I am in no way crafty lol. I'm super tempted to just order the actual costume for $59, but that's a lot of money. Seems like I might be spending close to the same amount to make it myself, though.

Again step out of your comfort zone and try. There are many step-by-step tutorials to aid you along the way. There's nothing like the feeling of making something by hand no matter the project. Just remember...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

upload_2018-4-11_17-24-50.png

:D

Again step out of your comfort zone and try. There are many step-by-step tutorials to aid you along the way. There's nothing like the feeling of making something by hand no matter the project. Just remember..
We changed our game plan one more time lol. I am going to attempt putting together my own Vanellope costume. I really will only need to paint the stripes on the leggings and I think they would even look fine without the stripes. I may just not put the candy in my hair. The other party we are just going to wear Halloween shirts to cut down on costs.

SCORE

You look awesome, luv this picture of you :love: Darn prettiest maid I've ever seen! :D
You're so sweet - thank you.
It was very comfortable.

All night I was getting yelled at by CMs and Characters and guests to get back to work, 'you'll be fired', etc - OMG - especially with the characters outside of the Mansion!! It was a hoot. I loved it and it made my night really memorable. [I had a good come back, though. I told them that Master Gracey had given me the night off!]

Hooray! My Sakura Pigma 1 mm Pens for drafting my patterns have arrived!

upload_2018-4-11_20-14-43.png

I have not heard from the Sewing Machine Repair Shop so crossing my fingers that that's a good sign!

I will be going on a surprise trip for our first Disney Halloween party in Sept with my DS 12 & DS 8. I am hoping to come up with a group theme for our costumes with out being too elaborate. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated!

I will be going on a surprise trip for our first Disney Halloween party in Sept with my DS 12 & DS 8. I am hoping to come up with a group theme for our costumes with out being too elaborate. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated!

Does anyone have any favorite characters Disney or non Disney? I'd start there and look for DisneyBounding items that you can use throughout your trip.

Does anyone have any favorite characters Disney or non Disney? I'd start there and look for DisneyBounding items that you can use throughout your trip.
My boys are both big Star Wars fans and i am glad they won't know we are going because they would want to go as Vader or stormtroopers and they can do the full helmet they would want to do. Not sure what I would dress as even if we did modified star wars costume.
I am a big Maleficent fan, even have a partial costume, but not sure what the boys could do to tie in to that.

These could all be done with clothes - easy, comfy, adaptable for weather:
Huey Luey Dewey
Toulouse, Marie, Berlioz
Newsies [favorite movie ever!!! best broadway show ever!!!!]
Lost Boys
Wendy, John, Michael
Pirates
Star wars characters

My boys are both big Star Wars fans and i am glad they won't know we are going because they would want to go as Vader or stormtroopers and they can do the full helmet they would want to do. Not sure what I would dress as even if we did modified star wars costume.
I am a big Maleficent fan, even have a partial costume, but not sure what the boys could do to tie in to that.

They could go as her Goons
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Goons

Dh and I thought about doing Star Wars shirts for one of our parties. We could do storm troopers, Chewbacca, darth Vader, etc.

There are so many characters in Sleeping Beauty, so that shouldn't be an issue. When you go on a vacation just ONCE make it about YOU! If you've always wanted to be Maleficent do it! Everyone should take a turn choosing which character they should be "as a family", it's your turn now.

Going to our first MNSSHP on the 11th Oct. Was initially going to dress as Angel, Stitch and Lilo but DD is a massive Piglet fan so using soccer shirts / shorts;

DH will be Tigger (black shorts with orange top and Tigger hat I picked up at Disneyland Paris)

I’m Pooh - yellow shorts with a red top and Pooh hair bow

DD (8) is Piglet and has the Scotland soccer shirt and shorts (bright pink!) plus a piglet hairband.

Hoping it’ll look good in the photos.

Going to our first MNSSHP on the 11th Oct. Was initially going to dress as Angel, Stitch and Lilo but DD is a massive Piglet fan so using soccer shirts / shorts;
DH will be Tigger (black shorts with orange top and Tigger hat I picked up at Disneyland Paris)
DD (8) is Piglet and has the Scotland soccer shirt and shorts (bright pink!) plus a piglet hairband.

Sounds great!! Be sure to post pics.

DH and I put Vanellope and Ralph on our short list of possibilities too. Vanellope seems easy enough, but DH is concerned because he doesn't have enough hair to spike it like Ralph.

Sure sounds awesome and look at how many people "liked" you idea - Way to go!!!

DH and I put Vanellope and Ralph on our short list of possibilities too. Vanellope seems easy enough, but DH is concerned because he doesn't have enough hair to spike it like Ralph.
I found some decently cheap pieces online to put vanellope’s outfit together. Dh has spiky hair as it is and uses gel most days anyway. I think he is excited to be Ralph.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter