“Y” designation with multiple contracts…

gracerussell

Mouseketeer
Hello - we currently have 2 grandfathered resale BLT contracts of 160 and 180 points. In the process of purchasing 100 SSR resale.

Will we still keep the “Y” designation even if we add on with a “no-perks” resale contract? Will they get so picky as to look and see what contract’s points we are staying on for that trip?

Thanks!

I don't think you can lose it and for most things it doesn't matter whether you're staying direct or resale. I believe only Moonlight Magic requires a direct membership reservation. All other perks aren't really impacted if you have a blue card.

I have both a resale and direct contract in my Dec UY now and it shows that it is a blue card membership.

I also gave the status in my June and Aug UYs too so that DVC Y covers them all with Aug UY also being one with a direct and resale contract.

I have 1 direct membership (1st purchase) and 2 resale memberships, all purchased in 2021. When I downloaded the digital card, DVC Y shows up. I only have 1 digital card. We went in May and stayed with resale points and I showed the digital card and got restaurant discounts and into the DVC Lounge.

I think if you have any direct points, you will keep DVC Y.

Will they get so picky as to look and see what contract’s points we are staying on for that trip?
We have 2memberships

1st foray was resale bwv Then, added WL on directly Both on the same membership number

2nd AKV, two times, both resale; on a different number

The first DVC EMH at mK, years ago, I ran into an issue when staying on AK points there. Couldn’t book it. Called MS and it was quickly ‘fixed’

DH & my membership cards have the Y on the back. However, we also did wonder how it would work if we bought a resale at a different resort:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter