•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Just back from our CCV stay! Room was ready at 3:15! Only bad thing was no hot water one night but they notified us the morning before. Great stay overall!

Just back from our CCV stay! Room was ready at 3:15! Only bad thing was no hot water one night but they notified us the morning before. Great stay overall!

We’d love to see pictures from your trip, if you have any to share (especially your room view!) Happy you had fun!

We like it quiet not near lifts (noisy) with as nice a view as possible of course.
Any advice on what to request from you CCV experts?
Also we normally stay in 1 beds bu this is a studio stay, I’m concerned about space, are any of the rooms bigger? I’ve seen the units with a separate living room in a corner?
Any help much appreciate as I’ve not stayed at CCV before, just visited.

We like it quiet not near lifts (noisy) with as nice a view as possible of course.
Any advice on what to request from you CCV experts?
Also we normally stay in 1 beds bu this is a studio stay, I’m concerned about space, are any of the rooms bigger? I’ve seen the units with a separate living room in a corner?
Any help much appreciate as I’ve not stayed at CCV before, just visited.
Do you have a walk in shower or not? That changes the valid requests you can make. See below the floor distribution of the studios.

"Deluxe Studio"
Floor 1: 1 Dedicated Alternate Studio, 1 Lockoff Alternate Studio, 28 Dedicated Studios, 1 Lockoff Studio
Floor 2-7: 1 Lockoff Alternate Studio per Floor
Total Rooms: 37 Studios (29 Dedicated, 8 Lockoff)

"Deluxe Studio with WalkIn Shower"
Floor 1: 0
Floor 2: 4 Lockoff, 3 Dedicated
Floor 3: 5 Lockoff, 2 Dedicated
Floor 4: 6 Lockoff (one of which is open to lobby, believe this is a "bear face" room), 2 Dedicated
Floor 5: 6 Lockoff (one of which is open to lobby, believe this is a "bear face" room), 2 Dedicated
Floor 6: 5 Lockoff, 3 Dedicated
Floor 7: 2 Lockoff, 1 Dedicated
Total Rooms: 41 Studios (13 Dedicated, 28 Lockoff)

So it depends on which room type was reserved on which floor they be on. "Deluxe Studio" highly likely on the ground floor, Floor 1, (Lobby is Floor 2 of course). "Deluxe Studio with WalkIn Shower" guarantees Floor 2-7 with equal-ish odds across all floors.

Here is a floor map of the resort. Even numbered rooms will mostly have a view of BRV and the leisure pool. Odd numbers guarantee a feature pool facing room (which would be louder during the day from the pool parties). Really most rooms have nice views (no dumpster view, etc). And most will see a pool (or a obstructed pool view behind a wall, 1st floor even rooms) and possible partial lake view. I'd personally request, if a walk-in, "higher floor, BRV View (even number), closer to lake: Example Rooms: x122 or x128. If you don't have a walk-in shower you might want to balance first floor (BRV side) vs the lower likelihood of an upper floor (which would be the "alternate studio" layout and look at the feature pool.

Great that you started this thread! :thumbsup2

As an addition to the information on this thread, we welcome anyone who has a love of Wilderness Lodge, VWL or CCV to join us on the long-running https://www.disboards.com/threads/vwl-groupies-lovers-thread-special-collectors-edition-updated-1-aug-17.3242976/ VWL Groupies thread. While the title suggests VWL only, we have many CCV owners and WL lovers who stop by and contribute regularly.

Please note: This is not an attempt to derail or hijack this thread! I think there is plenty of room for these kinds of resort threads. Just offering an additional source for DVC information on the Wilderness Lodge grounds.

For example, here's a CCV floor plan that @GrandCalifornian recently posted on the VWL Groupie thread. The dotted lines in the layouts represent lock-off villas that can either be a 2BR or split into 1BR and Studio for separate booking. In any event, I thought it would be a good addition to the first page of the new CCV thread.

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor1.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor2.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor3.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor4.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor5.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor6.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor7.jpg

With a walk in shower, could you get a enclosed balcony?
If there is no "floor" above you yes you could get an enclosed balcony (see floorplan of the resort above). So for sure 6121, 6135, etc would be enclosed balcony (dormer type) because the 7th floor does not go over top of the 6th floor there. As for the 7th floor I'm a bit confused on which rooms get you an enclosed balcony or not since I recall not all of them are enclosed.

Thank you so much for posting these! I hope it is OK I linked your post to page 1 so people could see your room view.
Yes please link. Btw, even though we were near the elevators and ice machine, we never heard them.

If there is no "floor" above you yes you could get an enclosed balcony (see floorplan of the resort above). So for sure 6121, 6135, etc would be enclosed balcony (dormer type) because the 7th floor does not go over top of the 6th floor there. As for the 7th floor I'm a bit confused on which rooms get you an enclosed balcony or not since I recall not all of them are enclosed.

I can confirm 7115 is open, 7117 and 7119 are enclosed.

Also looking at pictures of Boulder Ridge Cove Pool it appears that 7th Flr rooms facing that direction are also enclosed.

Last edited:
Just home from our first DVC stay! We had a studio with walk-in shower 3121- see picture of the view. Our kids said the sofa-bed mattress was actually comfortable (shocking)! We’ve stayed here several times as nonmembers and this didn’t feel much different because it was a studio (1BR next trip). We did enjoy the free laundry service and appreciate that there are abundant linens available (if extra are needed). Loved the Lodge as usual & didn’t notice any construction noise.

Just home from our first DVC stay! We had a studio with walk-in shower 3121- see picture of the view. Our kids said the sofa-bed mattress was actually comfortable (shocking)! We’ve stayed here several times as nonmembers and this didn’t feel much different because it was a studio (1BR next trip). We did enjoy the free laundry service and appreciate that there are abundant linens available (if extra are needed). Loved the Lodge as usual & didn’t notice any construction noise.
View attachment 468963

Hope you had a great time!!

Is it right that Copper Creek only has 51 Deluxe Studios? At least that's what touring plans says.

Sorry I should have checked that first! So If I'm reading this right that there are 42 dedicated Deluxe Studios and 36 more possible studios from the 2br lockoffs? So 78 possible studios out of 184 rooms?

Yes! And 8 out of the 78 are alternate studios.

*Updated because @Pooh12863 made me 😂

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter