•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

So we decided to change our June 13-20 trip to Dec 17-23rd but we're now on a waitlist for CCV in a 2br villa - has anyone had a WL come through for CCV? I know it's a smaller DVC resort and my chances are slim but I'm holding my breath! My 7-month booking window for an alternate DVC resort isn't for another 5 weeks...ugh!

I'm just glad we were able to re-book our trip!

I've actually seen a lot of turnover for 2bedrooms. Thanksgiving week just became available for 2 bedrooms not too long ago - you just have to keep looking/get that waitlist action going.

I decided to add one day to our late October trip for a 2 bedroom villa. Now Oct 24th thru Nov 2nd. I had the room waitlisted. Weird thing is that I kept checking the room availability myself and after about a week I found the room was available, but my waitlist still showed as waitlisted. Did you try to waitlist your entire week as one waitlist or did you break it up in 3 or 4 day increments? I would think that would be a hard week to get a full week to come through but you never know what can happen.
I honestly have not done a waitlist yet as this was our Welcome Home trip so I was on the phone with MS and they created it for me. When I log into my account I can see that I have the waitlist there -and its for all 6 nights.

My other thought is to waitlist BRV when my 7 month window opens in 5 weeks - but only 5 nights are available (the first 3, and then skip 1 night, one available, and then the last night not available) - could I do a partial waitlist?

I also think at the 7 month mark I will try to reserve a different dvc resort if I can find one available.

any words of wisdom you can provide would be appreciated!!

I've actually seen a lot of turnover for 2bedrooms. Thanksgiving week just became available for 2 bedrooms not too long ago - you just have to keep looking/get that waitlist action going.
how do I manage the waitlist action? You mean just keep stalking the DVC site and when I see a 2-br open for CCV then I go ahead and reserve it? What if there are only a few nights open, should I go ahead and book those and then create a 2nd waitlist for the remaining nights? what if the nights are consequetive?

how do I manage the waitlist action? You mean just keep stalking the DVC site and when I see a 2-br open for CCV then I go ahead and reserve it? What if there are only a few nights open, should I go ahead and book those and then create a 2nd waitlist for the remaining nights? what if the nights are consequetive?

So - I had a waitlist for 2 additional nights for my thanksgiving week stay. I also continuously stalked the website - at random times - whenever I was thinking about it. I actually found the two nights I needed at the same time, and ended up booking those two nights, cancelling my waitlist, and chatting to member services to ask that they connect my two concurrent reservations into one reservation. I have a mild degree of confidence in the waitlist generally speaking but it doesnt hurt to do both.

So - I had a waitlist for 2 additional nights for my thanksgiving week stay. I also continuously stalked the website - at random times - whenever I was thinking about it. I actually found the two nights I needed at the same time, and ended up booking those two nights, cancelling my waitlist, and chatting to member services to ask that they connect my two concurrent reservations into one reservation. I have a mild degree of confidence in the waitlist generally speaking but it doesnt hurt to do both.
THANK YOU!!!

The problem for us, even with our December ressie, is how is Disney going to reopen? We know there is a second cycle to come, most likely fall. No vaccine will be ready. The virus is not going away. What kind of trip would it be even if the resorts and some attractions are open? We are high risk ( age and health conditions) so we are probably foregoing this December trip. We have time to cancel so still watching and waiting.

We have a similar mindset, we aren't high risk, but we will have a new baby (about 5 months old, assuming all goes well with pregnancy and normal delivery). Luckily for us, that trip is booked with our 2020 points, so they will be fresh in the new year. We can really wait until right before the cutoff for them to go into holding, and have plenty of time still to bank them if need be. I'm a cautious optimist...hoping we can go, but i'm putting it about a 35% chance we go as of right now.

Apologies if this has been discussed, but I was wondering, are there some 2 bedroom dedicated villas with a walk in shower in the second bedroom and some with tubs? Or do they all have tubs or all have walk in showers? Thanks!

We are currently purchasing dvc at copper creek which wont be complete until end of June. We want to stay Feb 21 which is before 7 month window but only just. Will we be able to get any availability or will we have to book elsewhere at 7 months

We are currently purchasing dvc at copper creek which wont be complete until end of June. We want to stay Feb 21 which is before 7 month window but only just. Will we be able to get any availability or will we have to book elsewhere at 7 months
Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom, Old Key West. They will have the most availability. Even those will dwindle the sooner it gets to or past 7 months. CCV is very booked up right now. Doubt you will have many consecutive nights there even today.

Last edited:

Looks like as of today, the one, two, and three bedroom are available for Feb 21 through 28. No studios are currently available on Feb 21st. By June, you might be able to get a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom if lucky.

Thank you, useful to know. Looks like may try and do split stay then, do any of the hotels near magic kingdom have any studios at 7 months as could do one of those with old key west

Thank you, useful to know. Looks like may try and do split stay then, do any of the hotels near magic kingdom have any studios at 7 months as could do one of those with old key west

The Magic Kingdom resorts except CCV still have studio availability as of now, but your problem with Feb 21st at 7 months is it being the last day of Princess Half Marathon weekend with registration beginning 6/16.

Plan is to stay
11th feb for two weeks. We were going to do a 9 night stay at start and then 6 to finish so 20th will be bisy

Plan is to stay
11th feb for two weeks. We were going to do a 9 night stay at start and then 6 to finish so 20th will be bisy

Hopefully it comes together for you...with all the uncertainty right now, I imagine a lot of people are going to be moving points into next year though...getting a studio during presidents day weekend and then a race weekend is going to be a tough task for a magic kingdom resort at the 7 month window. If you are really flexible and willing to make multiple changes, you might be able to piece it together, but thats asking a lot IMHO. SSR or OKW might be your best bet to get all 15 days in one spot.

Pretty sure our trip will cancelled for May... but rebooked for next March 8 thru the 13th. Waitlisted for a couple of days just in case. Makes me feel a little better being able to come home again😊. Hope all is well with everybody...... just remember we will get thru this 💜

Hey guys! Hope you’re all well! Received an email from DVC, so I thought I’d share...

6E9BC8E5-34BE-4A46-AAB3-84646E05D372.png

In a nutshell what are they saying? Limiting borrowing in 2021? What about banked points now or points that missed the banking deadline?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter