•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Hopefully you all can answer a question for me. How hard are studios to book at the 11 month mark? We are contemplating buying Copper Creek, BLT or Poly. We love wilderness lodge but have heard the studios are hard to book. We also love Poly and Boardwalk. BLT is just okay, we don’t dislike it and are fine staying there but aren’t in love with it like the others
While the few who responded on here have had no issues with booking a studio at CCV at 11 months, there are many others on various threads over the past year who have found pickings quite slim to non-existent, most especially during the holidays. A key point in those who responded to your question is that to a person they said they were on right at 8 a.m. If you don't make it on until the day after, your odds will lower and continue to drop each succeeding day.

Now, I don't say that to discourage you buying Copper Creek as it is a lovely resort; just be aware that there are many reports of it being difficult to book a studio there. You didn't ask, but I'll tell you that my opinion is to never buy into a DVC resort that you don't fully love. Thus, BLT should be a "no" in your assessment of properties. The old adage you've likely heard, and one I believe in fully, is "buy where you want to stay." That way, even if you can't swap out at 7 months to a different resort, you'll be happy to be in your "home," be that CC, BWV, or wherever. Best wishes in your journey.

Last edited:

Well we are purchasing more points at CCV. While 100 pts have gotten us a lot, addonistis got us.
Same here, looking at buying more via CCV resale, but may go direct if the incentive is good enough so at 7 months we could use all our CCV direct points for Riviera or Reflections 1/2 bedrooms if we wanted to switch (although hard to leave WL).

Same here, looking at buying more via CCV resale, but may go direct if the incentive is good enough so at 7 months we could use all our CCV direct points for Riviera or Reflections 1/2 bedrooms if we wanted to switch (although hard to leave WL).
Our first set was direct so we could use them for the new resorts if we decide to thankfully.

I woke up to Google calendar reminding me I should be checking in today. It would be our first time staying at our home resort since buying DVC.

I am SO sorry! We are supposed to be making Fastpasses for our welcome home and honeymoon trip this week. We cancelled the wedding and the cruise...we are holding out the tiniest bit of hope that we can still go in July for a vacation.

We absolutely love CC and past November had a room in the lobby with a view of the lake and the geyser. It’s such a magical, beautiful and serene resort! I always feel at home when staying or eating at Whispering Canyon Cafè.
A cousin visited us during that November stay who owns timeshare with another company and they were blown away by everything at Wilderness Lodge, our room, and the magical feeling of being transported to another time and place that they loved! 😃

I rescheduled my trip yet again. Now we will be staying in a 2 bedroom in September. We may switch it to one night in a cabin depending on the situation. We have around 100 points that have to be used by October.

So far I’ve lost two Disney trips, Disney Cruise, and the rescheduled Disney Cruise. It sucks but I still have my health, family, and job.

We rescheduled our June/July trip to August. I guess only time will tell if it will be open. 🤞🏻 Sorry to everyone who had trips canceled. We were two weeks away from potentially being canceled, with points that had to be banked by the end of May, so we made the switch. Was able to bank 89 points with the change. 🙂 Hope you are all well!

We decided to book 8 nights (9/8-9/16) at our beloved resort as last year we were moved from there to BLT due to some maintenance issues prior to our arrival. 😣 We managed to snag a BWV standard for Labor Day weekend as we like to get a couple of nights on the DxDP to get our pricier meals out of the way. The availability across all resorts, IMHO is definitely fluid due to the pandemic at least up to September. Here's to hoping the parks and resorts open in July.🍻

Eeek! I have a DVC reservation for June 21 - 23 at CC that I used rented points from Davids on. I wonder if I could slide that reservation over a day and do 22-24 instead?

I have officially cancelled my August trip and rescheduled a September weekend getaway with my wife in a Copper Creek Cabin.

Aww, sorry you canceled, but sounds like something great to look forward to! Enjoy it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter