•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

@Granny, did you see if there was an entrance at that end of the VWL building? There's one on the north side that allows you to at least go into the north wing of the main Lodge and work your way to the lobby in case it's raining or scorchingly hot.

I've never stayed at the end of the hallways, but I know there is a stairs there so I would think that there must be a fire exit stairs at that end of VWL. So yes, I'd say there has to be a door on the far south end of VWL. Not sure if it allows access from the outside...I'll check that if I remember tomorrow.

Great pics of the east cabin area. Even though it is a decent walk, the quiet and solitude of the furthest cabins is attractive for us. We plan to bring our folding bikes and use them to get back and forth to the main building, pool and boat ramp. The bikes can also get us over to the Campgrounds and everything they have to offer. The only problem would be if it is raining. In that case, hang out in the cabin!

I was curious if any of the regulars on this group have tried the CC pull out sofa beds yet? If so, are they comfortable for a week stay for adults, or children only? The couch from the videos I've watched look decent.
My daughter and a friend slept on the sofa in September (both girls under 5'6"). She said it was really comfortable but was worried it would be too short for her brother that is about 6 foot.

You're most welcome! We have at least a dozen videos of us driving through the Wilderness Lodge arch on Timberline Drive, pulling up to the luggage drop-off area (check in), and walking into the main lobby. In fact, one of our fondest memories can be found on half of those videos when our old GPS system would blurt out, "your destination is on your left"--when in actuality the lobby and registration area is on your right. Just tickled us, and it became a running joke for years. I will add that, unfortunately, we don't have a video of our very first time entering the lobby. Another thing we enjoy doing is sitting in the lobby and watching people enter for the first time--their reactions make us smile. If you're so inclined, you can ask for a Hidden Mickey hint sheet at the front desk which is a fun thing to do during down time. They have a fire pit out near Geyser Point, and in the past with the old fire pit on the beach, they used to do s'mores there followed by a family movie outdoors. Not sure the status of those activities currently (the new Copper Creek units were opening days after we left in July). You can walk or bike over to Fort Wilderness via a paved path--it's about a mile one way. Certainly, just strolling the grounds at the Lodge is enjoyable, especially at night. Riding the boat to/from MK is a real treat, as well. I'm certain you'll love it there.

The Hidden Mickey hint sheet sounds like a lot of fun! I hope they continue providing activities such as s'mores/movie nights. I think our family would really enjoy those especially when my daughter gets a little older. l'm crossing my fingers the paid events they're planning to offer at Reunion Station won't impede on the offerings of free activities.

Just me - I still have a serious concern about the "wing" cabins....

You see, there are no DSA's at the ends of the "Wing Cabins". WL has TWO DSA's - ZERO for the Hotel proper, one for BRV, and one outside Geyser Point, for CCV.

For reference? The Grand Floridian has 12. And far less underbrush....

In an area with a LOT of potentially flammable undergrowth, WL has an issue :(. Now, WDW may very well SAY "no smoking" in certain areas. I would reply "good luck" :). There are people who will CLEARLY hear this, and obey - but there are a lot that will ignore it :(. BAD idea in an area with serious dry ground cover :(. Fires tend to attack EVERYONE - not just the person that started one :(.

Just us - we see fires coming.... and we LOVE the WL. We don't LIKE the "fires coming" situation :(. WL needs to fix their DSA problem. This is really a SAFETY issue - not a political issue.

Some of the National Parks had similar issues, in public areas NOT on back country trails - and these were dealt with, using the equivalent of DSA's. Better to have a controlled DSA, than to give up and HOPE that people will simply obey, with resulting fires.

Perhaps it might be wise to not foster a Fire issue? Install a DSA at each Cabin far WING? And restore the Main Hotel DSA?

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Just got an email telling me the main pool at copper creek during our feb stay. Ugh. Bummed because the villa pool will be busy now. I was hoping to relax.

In order to preserve the Guest experience at Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings. We would like to inform you that Copper Creek Springs Pool, including the children’s play area, will be unavailable during your stay due to routine maintenance. During this time, we invite you to make a splash at Boulder Ridge Cove Pool. Please know that all of our dining and merchandise locations will remain in full operation.

While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.

Just got an email telling me the main pool at copper creek during our feb stay. Ugh. Bummed because the villa pool will be busy now. I was hoping to relax.

In order to preserve the Guest experience at Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings. We would like to inform you that Copper Creek Springs Pool, including the children’s play area, will be unavailable during your stay due to routine maintenance. During this time, we invite you to make a splash at Boulder Ridge Cove Pool. Please know that all of our dining and merchandise locations will remain in full operation.

While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.
When are you staying? We are staying 2/11 - 2/15 and did not get this email.

Just me - I still have a serious concern about the "wing" cabins....

You see, there are no DSA's at the ends of the "Wing Cabins". WL has TWO DSA's - ZERO for the Hotel proper, one for BRV, and one outside Geyser Point, for CCV.

For reference? The Grand Floridian has 12. And far less underbrush....

In an area with a LOT of potentially flammable undergrowth, WL has an issue :(. Now, WDW may very well SAY "no smoking" in certain areas. I would reply "good luck" :). There are people who will CLEARLY hear this, and obey - but there are a lot that will ignore it :(. BAD idea in an area with serious dry ground cover :(. Fires tend to attack EVERYONE - not just the person that started one :(.

Just us - we see fires coming.... and we LOVE the WL. We don't LIKE the "fires coming" situation :(. WL needs to fix their DSA problem. This is really a SAFETY issue - not a political issue.

Some of the National Parks had similar issues, in public areas NOT on back country trails - and these were dealt with, using the equivalent of DSA's. Better to have a controlled DSA, than to give up and HOPE that people will simply obey, with resulting fires.

Perhaps it might be wise to not foster a Fire issue? Install a DSA at each Cabin far WING? And restore the Main Hotel DSA?

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
To make sure I understand the issue, you are concerned about the lack of designated smoking areas and the possibility of a cigarettes thrown from where ever people smoke and starting a fire because there are no DSA's, correct? Do you know if there are places that could be DSA's? I think this issue should be brought up to DVC and/or WL. An ounce of prevention......

. . . Did you guys see this, about a club level service option at Reunion Station?
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/12/reuni...vacation-club-members-paid-lounge-experience/

Yes! Back when they announced Riviera a few months ago, a few of us on the news/rumors board posited a few ways they could add exclusivity and value to the resort if it seemed lacking in other qualities (such as location). One of the things I figured was it would be fairly easy to add a paid, club level lounge, open to anyone DVC. But I could see that only being a draw for certain types of travelers, especially those who are empty-nesters or childfree couples and don't book anything other than studios.

My personal tinfoil hat theory now is that they might be trying to do this in multiple resorts as a way to increase revenue as people who stay DVC have already paid for their room and often have APs. So this would encourage a certain segment to upgrade, spending a little more money on property than they might have otherwise. I'm not saying this is a negative, but I could see it (understandably) upsetting some folks.

the description of the Reunion Station is kinda vague. There is something similar to this at AK, right? Can anyone tell us about that?

AKL has actual DVC rooms on their CL floor (Main building). They must use points to get CL. There are only like 5 rooms total!!

Reunion Station is a totally separate building and will permit both CCV and BRV DVC members to get CL Service at an additional fee. There will also be activities just for DVC members (at a fee too!)

The AKV club level costs AKV owners extra in the dues because the point cost per night for the CL at AKV is too low. It averages out to only a 2 - 4 points per night for studios. In Magic Season is only 2 points. The 2018 dues amount is $6.7565 which means it costs $13.50 for a couple in a studio to do CL. Housekeeping and maintenance, transportation all go out of that figure and the remainder could not possibly cover the club lounge which includes 3 meals, snacks and regular and adult beverages. So the AKV owners are subsidizing the lounge.

I think having a pay as you use it lounge makes more sense.

The pools do have to be a maintained and it does makes sense to do it during the less busy months for a hotel. Sorry it will affect your stay.

Didn’t that pool only open like 5 months ago?
No the pool that is undergoing maintenance is the main pool which was called Silver Creek and was renamed to Copper Creek pool. The new pool is called Boulder Ridge.

Didn’t that pool only open like 5 months ago?
No, the Copper Creek Springs Pool is the main Lodge pool and it was last refurbished a couple of years ago. The Boulder Ridge Cove Pool, which is nearer the Boulder Ridge Villas, opened just a few months ago.

To make sure I understand the issue, you are concerned about the lack of designated smoking areas and the possibility of a cigarettes thrown from where ever people smoke and starting a fire because there are no DSA's, correct? Do you know if there are places that could be DSA's? I think this issue should be brought up to DVC and/or WL. An ounce of prevention......
That's exactly what I'm concerned about :(. The "Wing" cabins are quite far from either existing DSA. Just me, I would locate one at the END of each wing. One DSA already exists close to the "middle" of the cabin run.

Now, Lodge proper USED to have a DSA just past the Arcade. This was removed, and makes sense, as the lodge proper is now the WEST Wing of the original Lodge. I guess if it were me, I would try to locate something at ground, WEST wing, toward the boat dock.

Again, I'm concerned about how dry the ground vegetation can get around the Lodge. It's part of the charm the Lodge has - but it also makes it vulnerable to a loose spark :(. WL, far more than the Grand, really needs a few more well placed DSA's :(.

You're most welcome! We have at least a dozen videos of us driving through the Wilderness Lodge arch on Timberline Drive, pulling up to the luggage drop-off area (check in), and walking into the main lobby. In fact, one of our fondest memories can be found on half of those videos when our old GPS system would blurt out, "your destination is on your left"--when in actuality the lobby and registration area is on your right. Just tickled us, and it became a running joke for years. I will add that, unfortunately, we don't have a video of our very first time entering the lobby. Another thing we enjoy doing is sitting in the lobby and watching people enter for the first time--their reactions make us smile. If you're so inclined, you can ask for a Hidden Mickey hint sheet at the front desk which is a fun thing to do during down time. They have a fire pit out near Geyser Point, and in the past with the old fire pit on the beach, they used to do s'mores there followed by a family movie outdoors. Not sure the status of those activities currently (the new Copper Creek units were opening days after we left in July). You can walk or bike over to Fort Wilderness via a paved path--it's about a mile one way. Certainly, just strolling the grounds at the Lodge is enjoyable, especially at night. Riding the boat to/from MK is a real treat, as well. I'm certain you'll love it there.

We just stayed at CCV. They had evening marshmallow roasting at the fire pit by Geyser Point, much like they used to on the beach. Sticks and Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallows were free. I didn't see any s'mores but we didn't ask as we are allergic.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!