•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Just a 2nd warning, if you did not see the first one....

The ENTIRE WL will no longer have a Signature Restaurant, after Oct 28, 2018. This may affect your choice of DVC Home Resorts.
When did WDW officially announce this? I must’ve missed it. If true, I am probably in the minority but did welcome a character meal or a completely different menu. AP was the only thing I really disliked about the entire resort. Beautiful setting, but we hated the menu.

I doubt DVC rooms at CCV will have these categories as we do not see all of the fireworks on the high ones from any rooms. I think it is a ridiculous category and way overpriced category anyway.

I expect getting free laundry detergent at the front desk will go away when too many start asking for it. DVC members are supposed to be charged for any additional laundry detergents. And giving it away free is one of the reasons why our dues go up.
Has the policy changed on laundry detergent, DenLo? I usually bring pods for my midnight munchies, so prefer to use their powder on the clothes (kidding)... Actually, we do bring our own. We'll use what's in the villa then use our pods; but I was under the impression you can still ask for detergent. Not looking for any further increases in dues though... paying enough for now on our BRV & CCV points. At least AKL is paying to maintain the beautiful animals there.

When did WDW officially announce this? I must’ve missed it. If true, I am probably in the minority but did welcome a character meal or a completely different menu. AP was the only thing I really disliked about the entire resort. Beautiful setting, but we hated the menu.
Character breakfasts will surely bring more guests. I feel as though a good majority of us adored WL for its quiet, serene setting... Believe character dining will change that even more so than the recent changes with the addition of the cabins (beautiful by the way, but I miss the trees).

Has the policy changed on laundry detergent, DenLo? I usually bring pods for my midnight munchies, so prefer to use their powder on the clothes (kidding)... Actually, we do bring our own. We'll use what's in the villa then use our pods; but I was under the impression you can still ask for detergent. Not looking for any further increases in dues though... paying enough for now on our BRV & CCV points. At least AKL is paying to maintain the beautiful animals there.

No change on detergent as it's always been something you should have been charged for if you needed more. Basically you can look at the list of charges for items for DVC and if it's on there then it's something you pay for if you need more. If its not, like toilet paper or paper towels, then it's something you can ask for and get more of without a charge.

No change on detergent as it's always been something you should have been charged for if you needed more. Basically you can look at the list of charges for items for DVC and if it's on there then it's something you pay for if you need more. If its not, like toilet paper or paper towels, then it's something you can ask for and get more of without a charge.
Many thanks, Kat4Disney! :flower1:

It was reported here on this thread, I had never heard it before about getting laundry detergent for free at the front desk. We always bring our own pods detergent. Better detergent IMO and we also get the 4 in one with softener in them. Laundry detergent is one of the items you can buy if you need more. They even sell it in a vending machine in the laundry rooms.

On the member website under housekeeping it says:
Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): $1 - includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry

Last edited:
Just back from four nights at CCV, and our first time at WL. We had a great time! Now I understand why folks love it so much. We were in a 1 BR and had plenty of room and storage for four of us.

Ate at Roaring Forks, it was fine but nothing blew us away. DH had breakfast in WC, DH and I had dinner at AP. And honestly, the food at AP was good, but the restaurant was less than half full and like a mortuary. Which was too bad because it is a beautiful space. In contrast we ate at Citricos and the restaurant was hopping! Full of activity and life.

We were in 4133 which had a great view of the pool and tops of the MK fireworks. Overall we had a blast!

It was reported here on this thread, I had never heard it before about getting laundry detergent for free at the front desk. We always bring our own pods detergent. Better detergent IMO and we also get the 4 in one with softener in them. Laundry detergent is one of the items you can buy if you need more. They even sell it in a vending machine in the laundry rooms.

On the member website under housekeeping it says:
Thank you, DenLo! Will bring my own... much cheaper! :thanks:

Hello! We just sent the paperwork back to purchase points at CCV. We had the best trip there over Christmas. So excited to call it home! We have a February UY.

Just signed on the dotted line... CCV Aug use year to match our VWL (BRV) Aug use year. Logging on to book Jan or Feb 2019! :jumping1:

:welcome:and Congrats to both of you!!! Happy you are both our new Neighbors!! I know you will love CCV as your new home away from home! I’ll get you both up on Page 1 today! (Sorry for the delay, just came back from our first DVC stay ourselves!!!!) Happy planning!

*WELCOME HOME!*

Mrsap how was your trip??? Did you brave the crowds at Toy Story Land???

Hey! We had a great time!!!!! Thanks for asking! Definitely felt like it went too fast! Liked both resorts for different reasons, but definitely liked PVB better. Now that our summer trip is over, we can start getting excited for our first CCV trip!!

Ooh and NO! When we heard about the 300 minute wait times we said forget it! We canceled our fast passes and just made them for Magic Kingdom that day. Made a great decision because we pretty much walked on every single ride! Crazy how empty it was! (Guess everyone at HS!) Figured we will be back in November and hopefully won’t be as busy.

Last edited:
Hey! We had a great time!!!!! Thanks for asking! Definitely felt like it went too fast! Liked both resorts for different reasons, but definitely liked PVB better. Now that our summer trip is over, we can start getting excited for our first CCV trip!!

Ooh and NO! When we heard about the 300 minute wait times we said forget it! We canceled our fast passes and just made them for Magic Kingdom that day. Made a great decision because we pretty much walked on every single ride! Crazy how empty it was! (Guess everyone at HS!) Figured we will be back in November and hopefully won’t be as busy.

We got in around 8am for opening day of TSL and it wasn't bad if you had FPs for one of the rides! There was a several hour long wait just to get in the area otherwise (apparently they had already been letting people in for a couple of hours before official opening time at 8am, but we didn't know about that). We had a short walk from BWV and could go right in with our TSM FPs (although we did wait in line for a little bit before we figured that out!) and spent just a few hours in the park before heading out for lunch. We were also able to get the alien popcorn bucket that was sold out at DLR and sold out at TSL on opening day with just a short wait. Mobile ordering was down for Woody's Lunch Box because it was so overloaded (wait time was an hour), so we waited to go back there on later days to try out their breakfast and lunch (it was good!). We went in the evening one day later in the week before park closing and it wasn't that busy, so we were able to enjoy the nighttime atmosphere with everything all lit up. It seems like the wait times have normalized a bit already and I think Pandora still has longer waits on average. Our next WDW trip won't be for quite a while since DD is due later this year so we just had to check out TSL this trip!

:welcome:and Congrats to both of you!!! Happy you are both our new Neighbors!! I know you will love CCV as your new home away from home! I’ll get you both up on Page 1 today! (Sorry for the delay, just came back from our first DVC stay ourselves!!!!) Happy planning!

*WELCOME HOME!*
Congratulations! :cheer2: How was your stay? I see you took a pass on Toy Story Land... can’t blame you. We have FP+ for the Slinky ride - so we plan on just doing a quick run in, ride Slinky & the get out of Dodge before we get swallowed up into the abyss (or taken away by, “The CLAW!”). :banana:

Congratulations! :cheer2: How was your stay? I see you took a pass on Toy Story Land... can’t blame you. We have FP+ for the Slinky ride - so we plan on just doing a quick run in, ride Slinky & the get out of Dodge before we get swallowed up into the abyss (or taken away by, “The CLAW!”). :banana:

It was great!! The resorts were beautiful and the parks weren’t as bad as I feared they’d be!

Doesn’t hurt to try it out! Might not be that bad (crowd wise). If we weren’t going again in Nov. we definitely would have just went. Enjoy and good luck!!!

It was great!! The resorts were beautiful and the parks weren’t as bad as I feared they’d be!

Doesn’t hurt to try it out! Might not be that bad (crowd wise). If we weren’t going again in Nov. we definitely would have just went. Enjoy and good luck!!!
Thank you! Can’t wait. Are you going back for Jersey week?

First time for us during Jersey week. I can see it right now, "You're from Jersey? So am I! What exit?" I'm guilty of it myself. :rotfl: How is the week after Thanksgiving? I remember visiting Key West years ago the first week of December... It was beautiful. Great weather & nice & quiet.

Glad ya'll had fun! We went to MK on 7/1 in the evening, and everyone commented on how much less crowded it was than usual for a summer trip (significantly less than memorial day weekend). Didn't go near HS lol... will hit the member magic in October for that!

First time for us during Jersey week. I can see it right now, "You're from Jersey? So am I! What exit?" I'm guilty of it myself. :rotfl: How is the week after Thanksgiving? I remember visiting Key West years ago the first week of December... It was beautiful. Great weather & nice & quiet.

Hahahaha!!!!! The week of Thanksgiving we typically avoid the parks, but will probably brave them this year! As far as the week after, it used to be practically empty, but it’s changed a lot of over or past few years (especially now that they’ve been offering Free Dining!) It’s not as crowded as the week of the 4th, though!

Woo Hoo! Stalking the RAT paid off and I've got one of my waitlisted nights booked :D

Now only one more to go!!

Got my last one!! The only hiccup is that it is for a studio with a Walk-in Shower (all of my other nights are in a regular studio). And OF COURSE that night is right in the middle of my stay. I've still got a waitlist for a regular studio for that night and I'm still stalking the booking tool every chance I get, what are the odds of a regular studio coming available for Feb 22-23, 2019? It's the Friday night of Princess weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts