•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Thanks for the info slppeydog25. Do you know what the annual dues are?

For 2017 they are $7.32 but the largest part of them being so much higher than other places was for estimated property tax. Apparently the assessor did not seem to think it should be so high and best guesses are that on the Dec statements there is going to be a decent credit back and lowered dues. That's not set in stone but it seems to be setting up that way.

Hello all!

Add us to the list of people finally coming home!!! We purchased 9/12, our UY is April and our first stay is scheduled for May 2018 (Copper Creek, of course).

I may/may not have cried a little when our Guide said his first "Welcome Home". Owning DVC has been a dteam of mine since I was 15 years old. My parents bought theirs then and I promised teenage me that one day I would own one too. Twenty years later, here I am! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was the first time I was able to login to the website and see all the information with my own eyes! Up until then the website felt like this super secret and exclusive group that I was being kept away from!!! I felt like I had just joined the CIA that first time login in!!!!

I am just so happy... You have no idea!

Congrats and :welcome:!!
What a great story! It really is SO exciting!!! I felt the same way when our guide said "Welcome Home!!" The first time!!!!! :cloud9: I'm looking forward to hear all about your first trip!!! I'll get you up on the 1st page ASAP!! Congrats again and...WELCOME HOME!!!

:thumbsup2
Also, does anyone know what they are charging for the points? We did the DVC presentation and they gave us all the information on the Poly but didn't really mention CCV.

:welcome: That's awesome you're considering CCV! They are currently charging $176 per point! The current promotion is: if you purchase over 125 points, you qualify for discounts. Here's the breakdown...

When You Purchase...
125 to 159 Vacation Points - Credit of $750
160 to 189 Vacation Points - Credit of $1,760
190 to 219 Vacation Points - Credit of $2,640
220 to 274 Vacation Points - Credit of $3,520

Annual Dues are currently $7.33 per point, however we might see a nice discount if they indeed find taxes were overcharged! Should know by November! I'll keep the board posted when I find out!
Here's some additional information on the potential tax decrease:
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...taxes-less-than-estimated-for-wdw-dvc-resorts

Good luck deciding and feel free to come in for any CCV info! There are plenty of people here who are extremely helpful!!! Keep us posted!

Last edited:

For 2017 they are $7.32 but the largest part of them being so much higher than other places was for estimated property tax. Apparently the assessor did not seem to think it should be so high and best guesses are that on the Dec statements there is going to be a decent credit back and lowered dues. That's not set in stone but it seems to be setting up that way.

Thank you! I responded before reading your reply!

Hey guys! I updated the first page! If there is anything else that you would like to see on page 1, please me know! Thank you for visiting!!!!

Hey guys! I updated the first page! If there is anything else that you would like to see on page 1, please me know! Thank you for visiting!!!!
Looks great!! As for anything else, could you arrange to gift me a couple of hundred points? pirate:

We will be staying there for the first time Nov 12-20. We cant wait to check out the new CCV 2 bedroom.

Awesome! :welcome: Hope you have a great time! Please let us know how you liked the 2 br.! I added you to the 1st Page!

How do they apply the credit? Is it taken off the total cost before your down payment calculation or after the down payment? Thanks.

:thumbsup2

:welcome: That's awesome you're considering CCV! They are currently charging $176 per point! The current promotion is: if you purchase over 125 points, you qualify for discounts. Here's the breakdown...

When You Purchase...
125 to 159 Vacation Points - Credit of $750
160 to 189 Vacation Points - Credit of $1,760
190 to 219 Vacation Points - Credit of $2,640
220 to 274 Vacation Points - Credit of $3,520

Annual Dues are currently $7.33 per point, however we might see a nice discount if they indeed find taxes were overcharged! Should know by November! I'll keep the board posted when I find out!
Here's some additional information on the potential tax decrease:
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...taxes-less-than-estimated-for-wdw-dvc-resorts

Good luck deciding and feel free to come in for any CCV info! There are plenty of people here who are extremely helpful!!! Keep us posted!

Thanks for the information. Especially the promotional stuff. How do they apply the credit? Is it done before they calculate the down payment percentage or is it after? Thanks!

Thanks for the information. Especially the promotional stuff. How do they apply the credit? Is it done before they calculate the down payment percentage or is it after? Thanks!

No problem! Happy I could help! Unfortunately, I didn't get enough points for the promotion. When we are ready to go down at least twice a year, we'll add more! Did the guide who gave you a tour give you a phone number? If so, I'd definitely call! If not, I can give you my guides phone number if you need more help. She was wonderful and patient- I literally asked a million questions! Otherwise, someone else here might be able to answer!

Hey guys! Was wondering for those who have stayed already, approximately how many coffee pods/pouches do they give you? Just wondering if I need to bring some of my own from home. Thanks so much!!

Last edited:
Did they ever get your hot tub working so you could enjoy it? We're spending two nights in a cabin in January and assumed it was a hot tub, not a plunge pool. Lukewarm water in January won't cut it, haha.

I'd love to hear any more details on the cabins. I've yet to read about anyone else staying there. Also, what are the sizes of the beds? I assume a king in the master? Thx!
Sorry for the delay. Yes, they did get the hot tub working. It took around 20 minutes for them to fix it. The worker knew exactly what was wrong with it (makes me think they are having problems with this on a regular basis). Took another 15 minutes for the tub to heat up and I enjoyed it that night. A little later than I wanted but I still was able to use it. As for the cabin, I loved the feel of it. I like the villas but walking into the cabin, you feel like you are walking into a home. The little extras make a real difference - like the fireplace with colored lights (fireplace does not warm the room so it is really nice to use year round), the rocking chairs and picnic table outside, huge soaking tub (like AKV). I like how the main bath is set up with a toilet room with sink separate from the shower and sink. Two people can get ready at the same time.

ETA: you cannot change the temp of the hot tub. You can turn the jets on/off. I think 15 min is the max

We just became DVC members this month and purchased CCV. Our first trip is March 2018. I am so excited. I love WL and CCV was perfect for us.

:welcome: And Congrats!! You made a great choice! CCV are SO beautiful!! Here you’ll find some great people who are super knowledgeable about all things DVC and CCV! Happy you’re our new neighbor!! I’ll be happy to add you to page one!

*WELCOME HOME!!!!*

What a great thread!

We have a cabin rented December 1-3. It is hard to wait for check in!

:welcome: And Thank you for stopping by!! So exciting!! Please tell us how you like the cabins!!! We’d love it if you could share your room view after your trip! I’ll add you to page 1!! Have a great time!!!!!

PS - I know you’ve stopped by before but I wanted to give you a proper greeting!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter