♡Disney Ears!♡

Those are super cute! Watching this thread because I'm going to WDW in January and thinking about making a pair for each park.

Those are lovely!
If you don't mind sharing, how did you make yours? Are the ears glued to the band? Did you use a template for the ear shape/size?
I sew mine to the band if at all possible, but it doesn't seem like the most common technique. When I did glue mine, I had issues making it work correctly (especially with hot glue - Florida is hot enough to soften the glue)

Here are a few of my more recent ones. I'll have to see if I can find photos of my others

WP_20160225_006.jpg WP_20160226_002.jpg 20160626_193629.jpg

Those are all adorable, I have a friend who makes her own ears and I am crafty myself. This will definitely be something I will start doing.

These are darling! I'll be following for inspiration. I make custom ear barrettes for my daughter because she refuses headbands and hats!

How did you make the third pair glow? We do an illuminated parade at work and I want to make a lighted pair to go with my Figment luminary!
The 3rd pair is actually a set of Made With Magic ears that I took apart and reassembled onto a headband.

Recently, I have been making ears with fairy lights. Different effect, but still glowing. The battery pack is glued to the bottom edge, and then the lights are wrapped through the flowers. The lights are Moonlights and they are at Joann (and probably other craft stores). 12 lights on 4.5 feet of wire. They also come in several different colors including purple

20161001_105601.jpg 20161001_213334.jpg 20161010_000835.jpg 20161102_084801.jpg 20161102_084807.jpg

Here are my 3 pairs for Tokyo Disney!
(I did find a dinglehopper for the Ariel one but haven't photographed!)

14908249_10153829357315899_6973475224755422000_n.jpg

I'm gonna have to watch this thread closely for tips and inspiration! I'm thinking of making Angel from Lilo and Stitch inspired ears!

I made regular and light up floral Figment ears that I will wear on my next trip and for a luminary procession we do at work. Here are the light up ones. IMG_2775.JPG IMG_2774.JPG

These are just awesome!!! Would love to know as well how you all make them if someone is willing to share! Will be following along for ideas and inspiration.

The 3rd pair is actually a set of Made With Magic ears that I took apart and reassembled onto a headband.

Recently, I have been making ears with fairy lights. Different effect, but still glowing. The battery pack is glued to the bottom edge, and then the lights are wrapped through the flowers. The lights are Moonlights and they are at Joann (and probably other craft stores). 12 lights on 4.5 feet of wire. They also come in several different colors including purple

View attachment 206070 View attachment 206071 View attachment 206072 View attachment 206073 View attachment 206074

These ears are lovely! I've been thinking of making some floral/wire ones myself. Do you use high or low temp glue gun? I'm worried about about the glue softening and everything falling apart. We'll be going at the end of oct and traveling by plane so I'm not sure if they will survive the trip in my bag or the heat during the day at the park.

These ears are lovely! I've been thinking of making some floral/wire ones myself. Do you use high or low temp glue gun? I'm worried about about the glue softening and everything falling apart. We'll be going at the end of oct and traveling by plane so I'm not sure if they will survive the trip in my bag or the heat during the day at the park.

I'm pretty sure I use a low-temp gun with multi temp glue (the glue for sure)

For flower ears, I haven't had any problems with flue softening unless I leave them in my car. The flowers are light enough that they don't pull the glue at all, so even if it does soften a bit, they aren't falling apart. I also wrap the wire around the headband and finish with glue/ribbon (to cover the underside) for extra stability.

I did have problems when I first started making ears when them falling apart in the heat, but those were with heavier embellishments (and hot glue really wasn't the appropriate glue for the materials)

I'm pretty sure I use a low-temp gun with multi temp glue (the glue for sure)

For flower ears, I haven't had any problems with flue softening unless I leave them in my car. The flowers are light enough that they don't pull the glue at all, so even if it does soften a bit, they aren't falling apart. I also wrap the wire around the headband and finish with glue/ribbon (to cover the underside) for extra stability.

I did have problems when I first started making ears when them falling apart in the heat, but those were with heavier embellishments (and hot glue really wasn't the appropriate glue for the materials)

Thanks so much for getting back to me! I'm going to pick up supplies this weekend and give it a shot. I'm not usually much of a crafty person but I've completely fallen in love with these ears. I'm thinking of putting them in some sort of plastic box/container in my suitcase and crossing my fingers that they survive the flight. Thanks again!

These are beautiful! Am intrigued with the lights, and would love to add that feature to a pair that I'm making. What kind of lights are these and where do you buy them?
In the pairs that I have added lights to, I used Moon Lights from the floral section of Joann - but any small, battery operated LEDs should work fine. You should be able to find them in the floral section of any craft store

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!