1 bedroom vs 2 studios - any experience / advice?

itutorfortravel

I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi
Thinking of ideas for a dvc trip next summer. We may allow dd to bring a friend, so we need something with 2 baths. Because we don't have an especially large
contract and I don't want to borrow too many points, I was thinking if a 1 bedroom at either BLT or AKV. We'd really like to stay at bcv or BWV though. Looks like I can get two studios for about the same
number of points as a 1 bedroom at BLT. My question is whether studios connect at bcv or if not if Disney will put them close together? Our girls would be fine for hanging out alone if we we in a room close by, though I would probably still sleep with them at night. This is the only option we have at bcv because a 1 bedroom will only give us one bath and a 2 bedroom costs too many points.

Has anyone ever done somethng like this? If so how did it work out?

Thanks!

Thinking of ideas for a dvc trip next summer. We may allow dd to bring a friend, so we need something with 2 baths. Because we don't have an especially large
contract and I don't want to borrow too many points, I was thinking if a 1 bedroom at either BLT or AKV. We'd really like to stay at bcv or BWV though. Looks like I can get two studios for about the same
number of points as a 1 bedroom at BLT. My question is whether studios connect at bcv or if not if Disney will put them close together? Our girls would be fine for hanging out alone if we we in a room close by, though I would probably still sleep with them at night. This is the only option we have at bcv because a 1 bedroom will only give us one bath and a 2 bedroom costs too many points.

Has anyone ever done somethng like this? If so how did it work out?

Thanks!

Well, I can tell you that no studios connect. That will probably affect your decision process...

No connecting studios. Having them next or close to each other is a request you can make but it is not guaranteed, i.e., you have a risk that you could be in different parts of the building or different floors.

Someone in each unit will need to be 18+. So if your DD or friend are 18 or older, 2 studios may work.
I think your best bet would be a 1 BR at AKV-Kidana w/ 2 bathrooms.

Have a great trip.

How old is your daughter? Old enough to trust her in a room without adults or a connecting door? Young enough that not being in the same room with mom and dad might be scary? And can you trust her friend to not be a bad influence?

Having the 2 studios will certainly afford the adults privacy from the kids and vice versa. It's up to you to decide if that's a good thing or not, especially if there's a chance, however small, they won't be able to get you close together.

How about this since after all it's not my trip or my money - do you like the friend's parents enough to suggest they come along? You use your points for the room, they buy your park tickets and/or maybe cover meals? I'm making a big assumption that they are a party of 3 like you, but then each family has its own studio, only 3 to a bathroom?

Otherwise I'd say go for VAK or BLT, the nights you get to share together before bedtime will be far more memorable than if the kids go off to their own room and you to yours.

Thanks for all the replies! I think our best bet is going to be the one bedroom at BLT. We just stayed there and would love to try a new resort, but we really liked BLT and I think it's location and amenities are going to be perfect for us.

So my next question is...how difficult is it to get a standard one bedroom at BLT at the 7 month mark?

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the replies! I think our best bet is going to be the one bedroom at BLT. We just stayed there and would love to try a new resort, but we really liked BLT and I think it's location and amenities are going to be perfect for us.

So my next question is...how difficult is it to get a standard one bedroom at BLT at the 7 month mark?

Thanks again!

Unfortunately, it can be difficult to get anything in standard view at BLT at 7 months out any time of year. Moreover, unlike other booking categories at the resorts where 1BRs are usually the last to fill, the BLT standard 1BRs sometimes fill even before the studios. In any event, much of summer after time around July 4 is a low DVC demand time and thus your best chance for a standard if you can get one at all for the nights needed. Nevertheless, be prepared to opt for lake view (or another resort).

I might give up the privacy afforded by the 2 studios in exchange for a washer/dryer and a full kitchen.

In the summer, you really need 2 outfits a day since you get so sweaty and grimy (sunscreen seems to attract dust and dirt like a magnet attracts needles!)

You'll also have a full size fridge with a big freezer-perfect for ice cream, popsicles, and frozen washcloths to use in the parks when you just feel too icky.

My first summer visit we'd make rope drop and by back in the room by noon for pool time and naps/lunch. By 10am, we were so sweaty and by 1130am, were happy to head back to resort. It would have been wonderful to have a laundry right in the room. As it was, we just brought lots of clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter