1 day touring on Oahu

Do you really think we can do both?

If it were me, this is what I'd do -- leave Aulani around 7am. If you want to stop at Kono's, you'll get there around 8am. From there you can head towards Waimea Valley and stop at Laniakea Beach to see if any turtles are out - this is a quick stop, literally pull over to the side of the road, walk down some rocks and look at the turtles if any. Waimea Valley is 5 minutes from there and opens at 9am. If you spend 2 hours there, which I don't think we even did, you'll finish by 11:30am let's say. If you head straight to Pearl Harbor from Waimea Valley, it should take a little over an hour that time of day which would put you there shortly before 1pm for the 2pm Pearl Harbor tour. If you decide to go to Waikiki after Pearl Harbor, you're inclined to run into rush hour traffic, but at least at that point you won't be pressed for time.

If everything goes as planned, I think its doable. Waimea Valley is go at your own pace and you can always leave earlier from Aulani or from Waimea Valley if you're nervous about anything.

If it were me, this is what I'd do -- leave Aulani around 7am. If you want to stop at Kono's, you'll get there around 8am. From there you can head towards Waimea Valley and stop at Laniakea Beach to see if any turtles are out - this is a quick stop, literally pull over to the side of the road, walk down some rocks and look at the turtles if any. Waimea Valley is 5 minutes from there and opens at 9am. If you spend 2 hours there, which I don't think we even did, you'll finish by 11:30am let's say. If you head straight to Pearl Harbor from Waimea Valley, it should take a little over an hour that time of day which would put you there shortly before 1pm for the 2pm Pearl Harbor tour. If you decide to go to Waikiki after Pearl Harbor, you're inclined to run into rush hour traffic, but at least at that point you won't be pressed for time.

If everything goes as planned, I think its doable. Waimea Valley is go at your own pace and you can always leave earlier from Aulani or from Waimea Valley if you're nervous about anything.
Waimea looks far from aulani on the map/Google earth. Is it an easy drive?

Waimea looks far from aulani on the map/Google earth. Is it an easy drive?

Yes. Its about 15 minutes past Haleiwa (North Shore) on the same road. Very easy, scenic drive. From Aulani, without stopping, it's about an hour drive to Waimea Valley. But it's easy to incorporate it if you'll be in the North Shore area anyway.

Yes. Its about 15 minutes past Haleiwa (North Shore) on the same road. Very easy, scenic drive. From Aulani, without stopping, it's about an hour drive to Waimea Valley. But it's easy to incorporate it if you'll be in the North Shore area anyway.
Okay..an hour there..an hour hike...and an hour to Pearl Harbor?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter