1 year olds First Trip - Advice needed and wanted!

NikkiDis16

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I'm a disney veteran, but it's been a few years since I've been on these boards. I'm a newly single mom, due to DV, and trying to plan my LOs first trip. She will turn 1 during the trip (If we're able to go - still in a custody battle with Ex). Even though I'm not 100% sure we can go, I've very type A and need to plan. It freaks me out that we only have about 2.5 months before the trip.

I've done disney a lot. But never with a LO of my own before. My niece went at 1.5, but I wasn't responsible for her, LOL. My parents are coming with us. Our dates are 5/11-5/18 staying at Pop Century for 2 nights, then switching over to All Star Music for the remainder of the trip.

Any advice, trips, tips? We're planning 4-5 park days, and 1-2 rest/hotel days. 2 days at magic kingdom, 1 at EPCOT, and either 1 at animal kingdom and 1 at hollywood studios, or just 1 day at either animal kingdom or hollywood studios. Still haven't decided. LO will turn 1 on the 14th, so that will be one of our magic kingdom days. We do not plan to see/do it all. Planning to take it slow in each park and get to whatever we get to.

Take a good stroller that reclines flat for naps. Don't worry about whether it folds up easily for the buses, since you'll have other adults to help. If you babywearing, bring a good carrier too. It will he helpful in lines.
Take plenty of snacks and a water bottle or sippy cup for LO, hungry kids aren't good for anyone, lol! A change of clothes and plenty of diapers and wipes are a must.
At this age (and for the next few years) kids are entertained by most anything. Be prepared to spend 30 minutes watching LO chase a butterfly, or have her be more interested in other people than the show/animals/attraction you are there to see.
LO may be terrified of characters, but they usually do better with face characters (like princesses).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!