!1

norma30

Earning My Ears
I remember desparately looking with info about traveling with toddlers before I left so if anyone has questions, feel free to email me...

3/6 Saturday
We have a 10:50 fight out of LGA (NY) which will arrive at MCO at @1pm. I know this is late as I want to get ressies at Palos, Flounders and the spa. I booked air and transfers w/ Disney so I can be annoyed with them. I arrive at MCO slightly delayed and I am informed we will be waiting for a flight from Atlanta before leaving on the bus.....OH GREAT NOW THERE IS NO CHANCE OF GETTING RESSIES! I was very dissapointed and blamed DCL. And we missed the buffet. We were starving by dinner. Bring more sncks for DD in carryon.

DD is in good spirits as she slept on the airplane alittle. I sholuld have brought more juice however b/c I ran out and didnt have a chance to fill up with as the transferring, checking in, ressie running around...bring more juice next time.

Briging our bathsuits in the carryon was a great tip....but I forgot sandals so we all went to the safety drill and pool in sneakers.

DD hated the safety drill...next time I will carry our stroller so she can sleep through it. Too many people for her to be running around.

Getting back to ressies....Palos waitlists me. They say they will call me BUT THEY DONT. I knew they wouldnt from the DISboards so I kept checking with them. Eventually we got Fri nite dinner.

Change in dinner time.....I beg Nick for early seating.DD will never make it at the 8:30. He is a miracle worker and calls later with the switch (big tip for him).

Spa ressies....line moves too slow with people asking questions. Obviously they are not Diser's. I decide to come back later that night and I am still able to get my oceanwrap treatment (Thanks Barb..it was heaven) on my bday.

Flounders....no prob's here. We take a walk here after dinner. I was very worried about DD staying here as she is not used to the daycare setting. We decide to accompany her Sunday to family day to see how it works out. First we played with her (we called it the TOYROOM as there are no other toys on the ship), then DH quietly walked out into the waiting room followed by myself and we watched. She never looked for us b/c she was so wrapped up in all the toys and her new friends.

We skipped the sailaway party....DD was too exhausted for all the hoopla. We went up to the Mickey pool instead and let her splash around. She was too old for this pool...she didnt really like it even though I brought some toys. I wish there were another alternative for the swimmy diaper kids. I do applaud DCL for keeping the older kids out of the swimmy diaper ear....its only fair.

We were in Room 2153....NOISY!!!!!!! Stay away from this room. They shouldnt even book this room. The walls would shake, the bunk bed would rattle and when we were turning the thrusters would wake the dead. This was no quiet hum...engines, thrusters,anchors....we did not ahve a good night sleep all week.
Our room stewart was Ottie....THE BEST. She always had a smile on her face and really took a liking to our DD.

There was plenty of room for us and the playpen/crib.Lots of room to move and lots of storage. Make sure you bring a safety pin to close the curtain. Our DD would have never went to sleep if she could watch us all night. Bring some reading also. The TV is on the side of the crib so it will not be on.

Dinner was in PC. Our servers were Dante and Giorgio. I think I expected too much fom them as DISers are always singing the praises of there servers. Dante(assitant) was always busy but friendly and attentive. Every night he gave me 3 milks which was more convienent than room service. DD still has a nitetime bottle. Giorgio was absent and unfriendly.

We usually took the stroller to dinner and left it outside. DD sat in a high chair. I brought her sippy cup, which Dante always filled with apple juice and I brought little toys to keep her occupied. Towards the middle of the week ,we started bringing her to Flounders. This worked out very well. More on that in my next report.

Creme brulee cheesecake was outstanding! We took a walk on Deck 10 that nite and ten went to bed.

Thanks for the info. I'm curious as to the experiences of someone else on our cruise. Keep them coming.

Denae

Thanks for the tips! how old is your DD? We have a 2 1/2 yr old son and I am wondering how the Flounders nursery handled "walk-ins" during the dinner hour?

Keep those reports coming!

I'm writing one Denae and halfway through. Mine isn't that great chronologically though and is long and rambling :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter