10 day park hopper passes

nrsgrl

Earning My Ears
DH and I purchased 10 day no expiration park hopper passes because they were the most economical in the long run. DH and a nephew are at WDW now and he told me that they were both activated with fingerprints to use the tickets. Does that mean I will not be able to use the remainder of the pass myself when we go back next year? They will only be using 4 days of the passes. We used fingerprint access last year with annual passes, but I wasn't aware the 10 days passes were the same. Anybody have any info about this? Thanks.

Mary :wave2:

Now Disney does finger scans on all adult tickets, even 1 day tickets! We originally bought 10 day NE tickets for our entire party as well. We had a grandparent going with us and we intended to use the rest of her days on a different trip. As soon as I found out about it I called Disney to verify that they really work this way. They confirmed it. So, in the future only buy 10 day tickets for the people that will actually come back and use them.

That is correct all tickets now have finger scans. You cann't use them for different people even within the same family.

Disney admission passes have always been "non-transferrable" but now, with the biometrics encoded on the passes, they truly are non-transferrable. If attempts are made to use the pass by someone not autorized, they may even confiscate the pass.

As a possible solution, you might consider upgrading your ticket when you visit next year to another 10 day and then it can probably be your ticket again. I'm not sure that would work but it seems like it would.

HTH :wave2:

All MYW tickets use the finger scan. They even finger scanned the adults when we used our old hopper passes last month so they are tagging it all.

One good thing, is if you scan at entry, you don't need a handstamp to reenter the parks, just your ticket and finger scan again. One less line to stand in.

I don't think you can add days to a 10 day pass since that is the most you can purchase. That would be a restoration and not an upgrade.

You could apply the left over value of the 10 day to a DVC Discounted AP.

At the risk of 1) being wrong....and 2) starting another DIS holy war.......

Are MYW tickets issued in with the owner's name? IF so, and IF the ticket is issued in your name......and IF you return to WDW and use "your" ticket, I suspect the following MAY happen:

* You go up the gate and stick "your" ticket in the machine and your fingers in the bioscan.
* The bioscan will not allow you entry.
* The CM working the turnstile will ask you to try again, and it will fail again.
* The CM will rub your ticket on their clothing (why DO they do that?) and try a 3rd time....which will fail....again.
* They will then ask to see your ID, which you will show them, which will match the name on your ticket....and they will let you in.
* This scene will repeat itself each time you attempt to enter a park, unless you have your bioscan redone....which I BELIEVE you can request be done.

I'm sure (and I hope) someone more knowledgeable will be along to confirm or refute the above scenario.....and no doubt, more than a few will remind you about the explicit nontransferabilty of Disney ticket media.

Good Luck. And if I'm wrong, just think what a nice early Christmas gift you have just given your nephew!

Stan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter