10 Days until the Grand Californian!

SuperRob

DVC Members Since 2011
Getting really excited now. My wife and I are going for our second anniversary, and we can't wait to get there.

Are there any special activities or perks we can get at the Grand Californian that we should know about? I am going to take her to Build-A-Bear on the morning of our Anniversary, since she's always wanted to do that, and I thought it would be nice to get to make her a bear before it's open.

Just curious if there are any other little touches we should be aware of before we go.

Happy Anniversary!
We stayed at VGC in May (our 4th trip). Here are a few tips:

1. You can order groceries from Vons to stock your fridge... perhaps a bottle of Champagne and chocolates

2. Consider massages at the spa

3. Dinner at Carthay Circle is very romantic -- you can also get VIP reserved seating for World of Color (Well worth it!).

4. We always grab a fast pass for Grizzley River run before returning to our room for lunch. We change to our swim suits and ride around 2:30. Once we are soaked we return to the pool for an hour or so. You can usually pick up a Soaring FP for later that evening.

5. A special splurge is the VIP dessert (with reserved seating) for the Fantasmic Show. This is very special and well worth it. Be sure to book the early show so you can also watch the fireworks.

Have fun!

Thanks, both of you!

I had considered a couple's massage (we've done one every Disney trip so far), but I've heard bad things about Mandara. It's definitely overpriced, and I hear the facilities are severely lacking as well. I'd considered going off-site but I just don't think it's in the cards this time around. Maybe if we get some terrific offer when we check in.

We have a ressie for Napa Rose's Chef's Counter for our anniversary night. I also have a dinner ressie at Carthay Circle one night, but I'm debating changing it. The last time my wife had dinner at two restaurants both run by the same executive chef her meals (she's vegan) ended up very similar. Maybe we'll save the money and do the Fantasmic! Dessert instead.

But is there anything specific at the hotel (besides the spa) that I should look out for?

Thanks, both of you!

I had considered a couple's massage (we've done one every Disney trip so far), but I've heard bad things about Mandara. It's definitely overpriced, and I hear the facilities are severely lacking as well. I'd considered going off-site but I just don't think it's in the cards this time around. Maybe if we get some terrific offer when we check in.

We have a ressie for Napa Rose's Chef's Counter for our anniversary night. I also have a dinner ressie at Carthay Circle one night, but I'm debating changing it. The last time my wife had dinner at two restaurants both run by the same executive chef her meals (she's vegan) ended up very similar. Maybe we'll save the money and do the Fantasmic! Dessert instead.

But is there anything specific at the hotel (besides the spa) that I should look out for?

Just ate at Napa Rose and loved it...great service and food. If you are willing to splurge maybe upgrade to concierge level...

You can get autographed Disney pictures of the characters. Just let them know it is your anniversary and who your favorite characters are. We've done this at the DLH and at the Grand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter