10 NIGHTS RPR...MARDI GRAS & COCKTAILS....MARCH 2018 TRIP

How awesome! It's so cool you got to meet them, and that they got you doughnuts :rotfl: I can't wait to try them in May!

It was really cool!!!

And I`m sure you`ll enjoy the doughnuts.....so many flavours might be the problem though.......lol........

Carole, you and Tom have to be two of the luckiest people ever ...who else could run into the head honchos at Universal and score free donuts? I love it and thanks for keeping me entertained as usual with your great writing ...I can't wait for the next report on SF.

And no way would I ever go on that flyer ride :scared1:

No way on earth would I go on that either.......even having a few cocktails wouldn't entice me to go up on it!!! Kyle said he would and I said not with me watching you`re not.......lol........

Thanks Vicki.......I`m so glad you enjoyed reading along again........:wave2:

First, YAY KYLE!!!! <3 It's so nice to see our kids succeed! It gives me such a thrill to see he's doing so well. I feel like I know him. :)

Second, I went to Portland for work last year (where VooDoo Donuts started). My hotel was a block away from VooDoo... I gained 15 pound that week. Two to four donuts a day will do that! LOL So happy you got to try them! Some folks think they're over-rated but not me! And, how cool you got to meet some head-honchos!

Third, your love of Red Lobster reminds me... when I was a kid, that's the one place we'd go out to eat at all the time. I LOVED it! Why? Because I thought the bathrooms were awesome! I for years would judge a restaurant by its bathrooms and it all started with Red Lobster. I told Davy that long ago and now every restaurant we go to, he tells me whether my "younger self" would love it based on the bathrooms. :)

Thanks Alice!! Yes, love to see kids doing well regardless of what it is......as long as they`re happy!!

Oh I don't think they`re over-rated......I was surprised how much I did like them compared to Krispy Kreme......voodoo is our new favourite doughnut for sure.......only problem is I may need two at a time as I adore the maple bacon bar.......but want to try so many others!!!! So I`ll definitely gain weight eating them too......I`ll never be slim!!!!

Oh I remember you mentioning about the bathrooms before in Red Lobster......how funny!! And how cute Davy assesses them for you now too.......he`s a smart kid!!!

Carole- we went to our local Red Lobster last night and thought of you and Tom!! Lobsterfest is still on! and those biscuits....

Hi Carole - It's me Holly...I made it on the boards! Hooray!!! Thanks for the encouragement in your report... you were right I was reading along. It was so much fun running in to you and Tom at Islands. My husband kept telling me that I need to sign up and join the club. So here I am. I loved reading your report, so much fun, it's like I was right there with you. Well, I sort of was that week! So, I guess this is officially my first post. Thanks again for getting me to come onboard. I look forward to joining in on all things Universal .. we just love it there!

Carole- we went to our local Red Lobster last night and thought of you and Tom!! Lobsterfest is still on! and those biscuits....

That is so funny!!

Oh Lobsterfest is heavenly! And yep, those biscuits.......

Hope you enjoyed it for us........:D

Hi Carole - It's me Holly...I made it on the boards! Hooray!!! Thanks for the encouragement in your report... you were right I was reading along. It was so much fun running in to you and Tom at Islands. My husband kept telling me that I need to sign up and join the club. So here I am. I loved reading your report, so much fun, it's like I was right there with you. Well, I sort of was that week! So, I guess this is officially my first post. Thanks again for getting me to come onboard. I look forward to joining in on all things Universal .. we just love it there!

party: party: party: party:

:welcome: Holly!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I am so glad you joined......finally!!!

Congratulations on your first post.......and I’m so glad it was on this thread........and tell Hank a big Thank you from me that you finally joined......

I couldn’t believe we ran in to you both again.......what are the chances!!! And hopefully we’ll be there at the same point again and we can have that drink together......that’d be nice..........

You should pop over to the Something About Nothing thread.........you’d be more than welcome there.....we chat about .......yep.......nothing sometimes........:rotfl:but everyone is friendly........

Tom just said Yay to you joining too..........::yes::

And I’m really glad you’ve been reading along, I hoped you would be,............:wave2:

PS....love the user name!!!!

Has anything replaced Tchoup Chop yet?
I have not found any info yet so hope someone will post about it

I would assume something would be known by now

Place has been closed down for many months

I bet Schumi will find the scoop for us as she goes back in May

Has anything replaced Tchoup Chop yet?

Hey squirlz.......

They haven’t announced what’s going in there yet, but they do know what it is :thumbsup2

It’ll be nice to see that area in use again, seems sad to see it so empty.

Looks like you guys had another lovely trip! We really wanted to check out Mardi Gras this year, but life got in the way. It was great to see all your pictures. Made sure to take notes on which drinks to try in May.

Looks like you guys had another lovely trip! We really wanted to check out Mardi Gras this year, but life got in the way. It was great to see all your pictures. Made sure to take notes on which drinks to try in May.

:welcome: along HoT............

Thank you.......we absolutely had a wonderful time.........hope to finish trip report this weekend at the latest!!

I`m sorry you missed Mardi Gras.......it was so much fun.........oh we do enjoy a cocktail or two...........:D

So, we wrapped the bottles as best we could and then headed up to the lounge to sit for a while......this was our last chance to see one of the guys before we left and we wanted to say goodbye to him........it was quiet when we first went in as service hadn't began yet......always a nice time to catch up before it gets really busy.

One of the Club Managers Robert stopped by to say hello and wish us well on our journey home in case we didn't see him again, he was so lovely with some of his comments. We really appreciated that.

When service began one of the guys immediately brought over our wine......we had asked for red tonight which was quite unusual for us in the lounge.....but we were planning on drinking red wine later so we don't like to mix red and white.......and it was quite nice.

One of the girls came over to tell us that someone had came over the desk to tell them did they know who I was?????? This startled me immediately.........anyway, apparently she said some very lovely things too, that I wrote a good trip report and always gave good advice about everything.......of course I`m sure there are many that don't think that.......you now who you are I`m sure........but, I thought it was a lovely thing to hear and the staff member agreed and said we were quite famous in the concierge world.......that always makes us smile.......as I made sure it was a positive comment first.......lol........of course it was. I have no idea who she was, but they seemed to think she was checking out the lounge for clients of some kind.

We sat and passed some time away and eventually we sadly said goodbye to one of our favourites for this trip and another of the staff we didn't know so well......all are lovely though........and we went down to our room to get changed before we headed over to Sapphire Falls for our last full evening here and StrongWater Tavern.

Turndown had been and we also saw a gift had been left on the bed with a card........the card was from the Concierge team thanking us for again choosing to stay with them and some other lovely things..........we are always touched and surprised when we receive something like this.....such a lovely touch!! We were taking home quite a few cards from staff from this trip.

We quickly freshened up and I got changed then we headed to get the elevator.........it was so beautiful looking out the window just before the sunset tonight...........

i-DLV9JDR-XL.jpg

We take the lovely walk past where Tchoup Chop was and through the ballroom and convention area is.....it is a short walk really, but the long halls make it seem longer........it takes less than 10 minutes to get from our room to Strongwater Bar........

There are several conference facilities around this corridor alone.......the convention facilities of both hotels are very impressive.......

i-Wh6jfvR-XL.jpg

And from the conference area, you do get a good view of some the rides.

i-dktDTzK-XL.jpg

And back over to RPR..........

i-vkHR28x-XL.jpg

Sapphire Falls is a beautiful resort.......it`s a resort that has some colour about it that's not gaudy or cheap looking.......they did a good job with resort as it has a more upscale feel than the price point suggests.......you couldn't call this resort cheap or bland. It has a very open and airy feel about it.........

i-ktQz3nP-XL.jpg

i-rT5pS3s-XL.jpg

We go in and decide on a table tonight rather than the low seats.......it`s easier to eat that way......or maybe I am just getting older......:blush:

We just get seated when Casey or guy who took care of us on our previous visits came over to say hi and ask what we would like......Tom had gone outside to take some pictures so I asked if they had the 14 Hands Cabernet.......they did.......so we would get a bottle of that and decide on food later........

The fire pit is a lovely little area to sit around.......very cosy when it`s dark and warm too........sadly we had to come in once as they allow smoking out here, and we won`t sit with smoke around us, not pleasant.......but if you can get it without that it`s lovely.......

i-Gxb9C8H-XL.jpg

i-Rbww8ZH-XL.jpg

The view over the lagoon is very pretty.......the area where the boat comes from Citywalk into Sapphire Falls is one of the prettiest views entering any of the hotel boat dock areas.....you first go underneath a very well lit and very pretty bridge......then the hotel itself is beautifully lit and the water wheel area is particularly nice. It really is a gorgeous hotel again, considering the price point........

The pool area is perfect.......I heard someone say they thought it was odd.......no idea what would make one say that......it`s an ever so pretty area and perfect for families and couples alike.......

i-qs6Tnth-XL.jpg

Previous picture was from 2016 when we were given a personal tour of the hotel, amenities and all types of rooms........and considering how much we love RPR, we were surprised how much we liked Sapphire Falls........

So, back to tonight........

Our wine had arrived and this was the same type of wine Andy in Club Lounge had sent to us as a gift....we had enjoyed it over a couple of nights having a glass before bed........so we knew we would like it again........

i-QtWhJ3G-XL.jpg

Casey was asking us about our trip and how long we stayed, he said he remembered us from last year too........he has a good memory as he did remember a few things we had mentioned.....we still weren't ready to order food.......I think we were subliminally trying to prolong our evening.......he had also very kindly brought us a dish of the spicy, very spicy snack to enjoy with our drinks as he remembered we had enjoyed it before........now, that's a waiter!!!!

This is a lovely bar........it`s very relaxing and very friendly......somewhere you can just chill out in.....and the outdoor area is lovely too......

i-76sqv2s-XL.jpg

i-sCz3VJC-XL.jpg

Sorry for the ghostly image of Tom in the last picture........he does look a little shell shocked........he was enjoying watching whatever was on the big screen......I have no clue whether it was basketball or baseball........or something else!! Not a sport fan.

We then decided we would order some food.........the food in StrongWater is excellent......it suits our tastes......it`s basically smaller portions of dishes and so far we hadn't encountered a bad one........the quality and freshness of everything was a real treat and we didn't think it was expensive at all. The food at Amatista is also really good.......we enjoyed a meal there in 2016 and thought very highly of it......also a very nice setting for a restaurant too.........

So, we really don't have a bad word to say about Sapphire Falls...........

We were now deciding between dishes we had enjoyed before, verses something new.........and we may have chosen a little plain tonight apart from our ceviche which we love...........we always get the same Caribbean ceviche and usually crab salad......but tonight Tom opted for the Beef sliders and I went for the chicken tenders, wedges.....mainly because Casey assured me the hot sauce was hot.........and it really was.......

And when he brought the food he also topped up our spicy snack mix.......we like this!!!

i-jmk5C5c-XL.jpg

Caribbean Ceviche.........this was a delicious mix of Grouper, Shrimp, Scallops, Red Onions, Peppers, Lime Juice, Lemon Juice, Cilantro, Coconut Cream, Shredded Coconut and Plantain Chips......we left the plantain.......

i-4rzvMKZ-XL.jpg

Beef Sliders..........

i-6J4dZR8-XL.jpg

Chicken Tenders, Potato Wedges and hot sauce.......this really is hot!!! But, tasty.........

i-pFgH9gB-XL.jpg

The food here, as always is gorgeous......the ceviche has the right amount of citrusy lime and the balance from the sweetness of the coconut swirled through is perfect.......and you can differentiate between the assortment of seafood......all lovely. This has got to be my favourite dish from StrongWater...........

I only take a small piece of the beef form the slider. Tom takes off the cheese and onion for me and it is very tasty......very meaty......he does enjoy them, and it`s a treat for him getting onions for a change........

Tenders are surprisingly tasty too......wedges are good but the star is the sauce......with the tenders it is so good!!! Chicken Tenders is something I would never usually order as a meal......I think of it as kids food or for fussy eaters when they can`t find something to eat.......but, these were lovely.........

We sat till around till 9.30 before deciding we would head back to our room and try and get a little organized for tomorrow.......so we paid and thanked Casey for looking after us so well..........and we walked back through the same route back to RP. And again we didn't pass a soul except one lone security guard who we actually took a little by surprise as we both turned the corner at the same time and rather unusually we weren't laughing all the way home tonight, which usually alerts the unsuspecting lone guard walking around that we are approaching.......we did have a laugh then with him.......it`s so quiet through this area unless there is a convention on of course or an event in the ballroom........

We head for the elevator when we run into one of our favourites from the Club Lounge, he is the supervisor and we always say, we only met him last September for the first time, same with Andy, but we feel as if we`ve known them for years. Such lovely guys.......so anyway, we get chatting to Samuel about several things, and we could have spoke with him all night......but he was heading home soon......so we sadly said our goodbye to him too as we wouldn't see him tomorrow........he is honestly, a lovely guy. And we looked forward to seeing him soon.

So, now we got to our room and began to think about how we would pack this stuff up.........

We did make a dent in it.......I wasn't putting any Tequila into my suitcase with the new bag in.....so we wrapped them well and we did manage to get mostly everything packed.........we knew we would manage it all in....eventually.........

But, for now we put the cases aside and poured us a Snapple. We sat, looking out the window at the lights in the parks for the last time this trip and chatted about everything that had happened over this one.........eventually we decided we would have to go to bed sometime.......

And we did.......we watched something on the TV but I have no clue what it was now.........and I know I drifted off to sleep first as a few minutes later I yelled and jumped out of bed as I had pulled a muscle in my leg.......isn't that agony!!!!!! I was hopping like a maniac trying to get it to go away......made it to the shower as I had a vague recollection of someone telling me to try and put your foot on a cold surface......although it could easily have been for hiccups........:confused3 it was worth a try..........

Eventually my toes went back into correct position and calf went back to normal.........ouch!!!!

So, try again........and I do fall asleep this time with no drama.........and not looking forward to tomorrow.

Can’t remember if it’s this trip or last you posted a pic of this shirt, but I put it on today and thought of you. :) I am pretty positive I am the only attorney int the world who has worn this to work. LOL. Everyone loving it!

Attachments

• 8F723D89-8A03-435E-8281-3805A3B5B2F1.jpeg
    8F723D89-8A03-435E-8281-3805A3B5B2F1.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 27
I think I dread the end of one of your TR almost as much as you guys dread the end of your trip!! But you'll be back soon!!

What are your May dates? We're in Orlando twice in May- 5/3-5/7 and 5/23-5/27. One of these days I hope that our trips match up so I can say HI:wave: to you guys!

Can’t remember if it’s this trip or last you posted a pic of this shirt, but I put it on today and thought of you. :) I am pretty positive I am the only attorney int the world who has worn this to work. LOL. Everyone loving it!

You had a charlie horse (the cramp that woke you up)! More bananas for you! BE the minion!

A Charlie horse??? Now I’ve never heard of that one!!! It’s not one of these made up words is it.......lol

There were a few choice words uttered at the time as I hopped around in agony :laughing:

Love the tee shirt.........yes, I think it was this trip report........can’t imagine many attorneys wearing it, you’re correct there.........::yes::

I think I dread the end of one of your TR almost as much as you guys dread the end of your trip!! But you'll be back soon!!

What are your May dates? We're in Orlando twice in May- 5/3-5/7 and 5/23-5/27. One of these days I hope that our trips match up so I can say HI:wave: to you guys!

I hate coming to the end of it too........it’s so much fun writing it.........

Oh we miss you both trips! Would have been lovely to say Hi in real life.

I think we have been lucky on some trips to be able to meet with folks, and unlucky on others.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter