10 year anniversary in CA

caspersmom83

caspersmom
QUick question for all those familiar with CA. I am a DVC member and I am wondering which is the best way to go for our family of 4 son 5 daughter 2 in August 2008.
Considering 2 options either using my vacation club point to stay on site at Disneyland 2or 3 nights and then moving on to another area of CA and paying out of pocket. On the other hand there are two place in SAnDiego area Newport Coast Villas or Four Seasons Avaria. They look beautiflu but will we be bored being stuck in one spot all week?

Any advice?

A lot of it depends on whether or not you want to spend several days at DL during your trip! If you do, then using your DVC points there might not be a bad idea, and then you can spend several days someplace else.

The Four Seasons Aviara is a really nice resort. It's not too far from Legoland, which your kids would be at a good age for. Sea World and the San Diego Zoo are ~40 minutes away. There are some nice beaches in Carlsbad, which are close to the Aviara...though you might just want a relaxing day by the pool instead!

Are Four Seasons and Newport Coast places where you can use your DVC points? If so, you might be better off to stay off-site at Disneyland, since there are lots of nice but inexpensive rooms in the area, and then use your points at one of the other two. One place I know you can use DVC points is the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego (ok, technically it's in Coronado). That's a really nice hotel, right on the beach in Coronado - it's a beautiful setting, and 20 minutes or so from Zoo/Sea World, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter