• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11/3 to 11/7 - Wolfgang Puck's,Le Cellier, Kona and Chef Mickey's

smcbaker

Mouseketeer
Just got back from 4 days at WDW, on the DDP. We shared meals with no problems whatsoever. In all, very pleased with our experience.

Breakfast most mornings was at the Pop foodcourt. Plenty to choose from, just that the lines were long so it took longer to check out than it did to get your food! Good waffles, pancakes, croissants...just need better coffee!

We spent the first morning at Animal Kingdom so we headed to Rainforest Cafe for lunch. I have a Safari Club membership so it didn't take but about 15 mins to be seated. Had the 4 cheese pizza, natural burger and the "little" ceasar salad. All were good and I really like their ceasar. The Safari Club membership took 10% off the bill and they allowed me to use a $5.00 birthday certificate as well. Kids always like this place. Fun to do once per trip.

Dinner was at Wolfgang Puck's Cafe in DTD. We had an ADR for 8:00 and were seated within 5 minutes. Had a great server, Dale. Artichoke dip with flatbread for the appetizer, very tasty. DS10 and I split the whole roasted chicken....and STILL had some leftover!! It was very good, mashed potatoes were great. Creme brulee for dessert. Good but not as light as others I've had. Great meal, would go there again.

Lunch the 2nd day was at Le Cellier. We do this every trip and were not disappointed...although I was concerned, given the many marginal reviews lately. Had a 2:00 ADR and waited only about 10 mins, enough time to hit the restrooms and wash up. Had the Cheddar Cheese soup for my appetizer, DS10 had the Beef and Barley soup, which he LOVED...I didn't even get a taste of it!! The filet for the main entree...fantastic, cooked perfectly and the mashed potatoes were very nice. A friend who joined us had the salmon, which he said was good. For dessert, we had the creme brulee duo, 1/2 vanilla bean and 1/2 maple...I loved the vanilla bean and DS loved the maple...so it worked out just fine! Also, we were allowed to get a smoothie vs a regular soda on the DDP. Heather was our server, she kept us supplied with that great pretzel bread! Again, great meal, will keep this on our regular rotation!

For dinner, since we were waiting for our Soarin' FP, we hit the Sunshine Seasons foodcourt. First time we had tried this. It was nice and fresh, a good alternative to typical fast food. We had the rotisserie chicken with flatbread and the turkey and muenster sandwiches....both very good. Chocolate cake for dessert...very moist. Only complaint was that the a/c was blowing right on us, making us a bit chilly. Nice quick meal.

Lunch the 3rd day was at Pinnochio's at MK. I had the Tuscan sandwich, which was nice. The others in my party had the pizza, which they deemed OK. Chocolate cake was good but the Strawberry Shortcake was as hard as a rock! This was better than the last time I tried it, 6 years ago, but still not that great. OK in a pinch. It was very crowded!

Dinner was at Kona, a place we'd never tried before but have heard such great things about. Our ADR was for 6:00, we weren't seated until close to 6:30, even though there were empty tables. They seemed bit short handed. Nice bread with dipping sauce. DS and I split the duck potstickers for our appetizer, they were great! We had the coconut crusted chicken as our entree...initially quite sweet but very good! Nice mixed greens with it, including some strawberries and pineapple, all of which I lost to DS! The other adult in my party had the Mahi Mahi, said it was very good but didn't care for the rice that it was served on. Dessert was.........banana creme brulee!! See a pattern here? It was great! At this point, I really wanted to experience some GOOD coffee for the first time in 3 days....but since I was the only one that would have consumed it, I decided to skip the pressed pot...perhaps next time!

Breakfast the next morning at Chef Mickey's! We had an 11:00 ADR but weren't seated until about 11:25...and we were HUNGRY! Buffet was very good, good omelets, various types of potatoes, mini pancakes (the guy was making them fresh), bacon, sausage...and then those great little orange muffins...could eat those all day. We had a great server who let us know when the characters would be coming so that we wouldn't be up at the buffet at that time. We saw Mickey, Donald, Pluto and Goofy. Good interaction. Orange juice, milk and coffee all around. By the time we went up for a bit of seconds, they were starting to clear out the buffet. Good breakfast, just will try for a bit earlier ADR time next time so that we have time to go back for seconds! Again, the kids really like this and the food is pretty good.

Thoughout our stay, we used our snack credits for rootbeer floats and Dole whips...used up the last of the credits at Goofy's and got some freezes as well as some rice krispy treats to take home.

All in all, we enjoyed the DDP and had good meals. It would have been too much food had we not shared, and I'm sure that by using a few CS credits for breakfast, we didn't get as much for our money as we could have otherwise, but I felt that we still came out ahead, especially when you add up the value of our table service meals (always added a bit extra for the tip, even though it is included). We didn't overeat, tried to be balanced and left feeling satisfied. We will most likely purchase the DDP again the next time. My only regret is that we didn't get time to enjoy the F&W. The lines were long and with kids, you can't get in too many of them...although I did try the Ice Wine....very, very sweet!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter