11 month stupid question...

lasob

Mouseketeer
So I should know this. I want to book at my home for Oct. 31 2019. Do I get up tomorrow because there is no Nov. 31st. or wait until Sat Dec 1 to book the 31st? The DVC website allows up until Oct. 29th now. So I assume tomorrow will allow to book on the 30th. But when is the 31st available?

So confused. And a quick reply would be great.

Thanks

I THINK that it won’t become available to book, until the morning of December 1st, when both November 31st, and December 1st will both become available at the same time. I think. But I could be wrong.

It is also confusing to me. Like, what happens when you have a December 31st, but no November 31st. Does that mean your 11 month window stays stuck at November 30th, until you reach January 1st? That is how I THINK I understand it. The 11 month and 7 month windows are based on the day of the month, day for day, and if the months don’t match up, then you have to wait until the 1st of the next month, when it all catches up.

If no one chimes in between now and then, I would be up tomorrow at 8 AM Eastern time, trying, just in case.

Thanks. But if the months don't match up, I would think that every short month would push the dates away further, so there has to be a double day. I just don't know if that is tomorrow or the next day.

Yeah, I think the “double day,” falls on the next equivalent day of the month. Or in the case of Feb 28th to March 28th, then March 29th, 30th, and 31st - it becomes a triple day - where you get no more ‘new days’ into the window until April 1st. But again, I hope someone can confirm this, or straighten it out.

If no one comments, then try it tomorrow, anyway.

You cannot book Oct 31 as an arrival date until Dec 1 because of the lack of a 31st day in Nov. The first of the month is often a double up day. The quadruple day is booking Jan 29 through Feb 1 arrival dates, all on March 1.

On the other end, Dec 31 leaves you empty because there is no Nov 31, and you cannot book a Dec 1 arrival date until Jan 1. In other words, you can always book exactly 11 months out as long as the number of the day you are doing the booking exists in the month you are trying to book, otherwise everything defaults to the first of the month as your day to go online to do the reservation.

Last edited:
Are you sure about that? It makes sense, but I would hate to get up early tomorrow to find I have to get up again on Sat. Or sleep in tomorrow and find no rooms on Sat.

Thanks

At the bottom of the Dashboard on the MS site, there is a booking window calculator. When you choose October 31 as the start of your stay, it says you can book your home resort as early as December 1st.

Are you sure about that? It makes sense, but I would hate to get up early tomorrow to find I have to get up again on Sat. Or sleep in tomorrow and find no rooms on Sat.

Thanks

Yes, I am sure about it but you will face a somewhat higher risk than usual of not getting what you want when you try to book an Oct 31 start date on Dec 1 because instead of competing just with those seeking an Oct 31 start date, you also have to compete with those seeking a Nov 1 start date.

I have a similar problem wanting to book at seven months out for Sept 29. That would be Feb 29, so I have to wait until March 1.

Just an update. I did get up this morning and booked the 30th as the 31st was not available. I will call tomorrow and add a day and drop the 30th to get the res I want. So drusba was correct. Thanks for the help.

I will call tomorrow and add a day and drop the 30th to get the res I want.

You should be able to modify your reservation online. It's a terrific tool they created a relatively short while ago. (Assuming you don't have transferred points that you can see, of course.)

Wow. I just went to DVC and modified the res. Thanks. I'm all set now. I thought I had wait until morning.... but apparently not.

Again, thanks for all the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!