11 night cruise too long??

ten822

Mouseketeer
The 11 night southern caribbean sounds good but wondering if there's enough to do on the boat for that long? We have only done a 4 night Bahamas Disney cruise 2 yrs ago and we pretty much fit in everything we wanted to do on the boat with only one day at sea. Anyone done this long??

Assuming it's a different ship (you were probably on the Dream last time) and itinerary it sounds heavenly though for me 7 nights is just about perfect. You will certainly get to experience all the ship has to offer - Bingo, movies, shows, restaurants....and I assume you will be making at least 5-6 stops?

We were on the 2-week inaugural Hawaii cruise, with several sea days going over and back. Some people are able to just veg out several days at a time, while others have to work at it. DH took several books along but admitted to being bored toward the end. Some people take along a hobby. One Disney cruise we were on, one of the passengers was building a huge model of the Wonder, out of Legos. His biggest problem was getting it home afterwards. Some ladies take along some knitting or embroidery. What do you do to entertain yourself when you have some free time?

The 11 night southern caribbean sounds good but wondering if there's enough to do on the boat for that long? We have only done a 4 night Bahamas Disney cruise 2 yrs ago and we pretty much fit in everything we wanted to do on the boat with only one day at sea. Anyone done this long??
An 11 night cruise sounds just about right. We prefer nothing shorter than 7 nights, although we've done a few shorter. We've still not done "everything" available onboard. And are still repeating some things.

One thing - as a part of your vacation did you just relax? That's something that many people forget about.

It's very individual. We did a 7-night on the Fantasy and were pretty active, but still never got around to doing a few things I had wanted to do onboard. I do consider relaxation to be a big part of the cruise experience. If you do, too, then a longer cruise might offer more of that.

It also depends on the ship and itinerary. If it's on the Wonder, which has no major waterslide, no movies on demand in the stateroom, no Midship Detective Agency, no mini-golf, only one specialty restaurant, etc., you might get bored more easily over time. Since it's a Caribbean cruise, the ports aren't likely to be as engaging as ports in Alaska or Europe, so that is a factor, too. I wouldn't be interested, personally, but everyone is different. If you're very into visiting the Caribbean, it might be perfect for you.

Since you're already concerned about becoming restless, I'd recommend trying a 7-night before jumping into an 11-night on a classic ship in the Caribbean.

Last edited:
We did a Med./WBTA B2B over a year ago for a total of 18 days. There was plenty to do and very little to do, your choice. You get used to someone else daily cooking, providing the entertainment and cleaning up your stateroom...smiling all the time. We met some great folks at dinner and cast members at the emergency drill that we interacted with often...many of the CMs were in the shows or served as handlers for characters and princesses. Just siting and watching the ocean can be relaxing and better than TV...watch for flying fish, dolphins and other boats. I do door decorations, so often I cruise the halls looking for ideas. It doesn't take much to make us happy...when you get over 70, give it a try. Of the eight DCL cruises we have been on, three have been without kids\grandkids. Seeing them happy is a bonus. Sometimes there is a magic moment that is not on your schedule and it will make a memory you never forget. A DCL cruise is kinda like finding your laughing place. Love a sea mouse.

That is the cruise we are hoping for in 2019! We have only been on 7 night or longer cruises and cannot imagine doing anything shorter. There are mostly port days with a few sea days, so it depends on how much time you will spend off the ship when you are in port. We just did the 14 night WBPC in April thinking we would have lots of free time to relax with only 4 port days. Ha! We had a little free time, but not like we expected. We cannot wait to do it again when our kids are out of the house.

We prefer the longer cruises with a number of sea days. We’ve done two TAs, the Panama Canal, and a couple of b2b cruises in the Caribbean and Bahamas. Anything shorter than 7 nights seems to be too little time on board.

11 days sounds like it would be too long for you.

An 11 night cruise sounds just about right. We prefer nothing shorter than 7 nights, although we've done a few shorter. We've still not done "everything" available onboard. And are still repeating some things.

One thing - as a part of your vacation did you just relax? That's something that many people forget about.
This is a very good point. Personally, I find myself trying to cram in as much stuff as I can, because I don't want to 'waste' time on my vacation (can you tell most of my vacations include following a detailed plan in Disneyworld?) We had a balcony last time and, while I did use it, I was too busy checking out what I was missing or getting ready for the next thing to really just enjoy it. My DH, on the other hand, spent most of his time on the balcony. He said he even saw a large fish pop it's head out once while we were sailing.

While everybody's idea of a vacation is different, it does seem that there is something for most people on the ship. Okay, more stores would have been nice. :D

We were on the 2-week inaugural Hawaii cruise, with several sea days going over and back. Some people are able to just veg out several days at a time, while others have to work at it. DH took several books along but admitted to being bored toward the end. Some people take along a hobby. One Disney cruise we were on, one of the passengers was building a huge model of the Wonder, out of Legos. His biggest problem was getting it home afterwards. Some ladies take along some knitting or embroidery. What do you do to entertain yourself when you have some free time?

Plan vacations of course! Lol

The 11 night is on my wishlist! We just did our first 7 night, before that was always 4 and 5 nights, and I still didn't have enough time on the ship for all I wanted to do! My husband says I could have played less bingo to get more done, but i disagree lol - I needed more time! But if a 4 night already felt like enough, then I agree with the other poster that you would do better trying a 7 day first.

A 11 night is defintely not too long.i been on a 15 night, two 14 nights a 13 nights a b2b all on DCL magic and wonder. Also did a 12 night not DCL. If you have too ask that question maybe a longer cruise is not for you.a 14 night cruise is perfect for me but not for my wallet. A 7 night is actually too short for me but that’s the majority I go on because of the $$$$.

An 11 night cruise is great (we did Norway/Iceland last year). An 11 night cruise in the Caribbean would not be for me.

Would you spend 11 days at the beach? That seems like what it would be like.

An 11 night cruise is great (we did Norway/Iceland last year). An 11 night cruise in the Caribbean would not be for me.

I agree! It really depends on what type of cruise you enjoy. We did B2B Norway, Norway/Iceland/Scotland cruises on the Magic in 2015 (20 NIGHTS!) and it was AMAZING! But we saw incredible ports with a ton of things to see and do (Oslo, Copenhagen, Orkney Islands, Reykyavic, etc.) plus a number of sea days thrown in to decompress. I, personally, don't think I would enjoy 11 nights in the Caribbean. I don't find the ports very interesting and there is only so much snorkeling and swimming I can do before I get really bored!

Just like other countries in the world, there is much to see in the Caribbean countries. We did the 11 night Southern Caribbean on the Fantasy last year. Except for the extreme heat, I found it all very interesting. And we're not "beach people".

We recently returned from a 7-night and would happily go on an 11-night anywhere. Like others have said, there's more to the Caribbean than beaches (lots of culture there to explore) and there were plenty of onboard activities we didn't get to do or would do again.

I wish I had time to go an 11 night cruise, I’m having trouble finding time for a 7 night, with all my other vacation commitments. I don’t think I could get tired of being on a Disney ship.

My DH and I have enjoyed multiple 10-15 night cruises, on DCL and other lines. We have 3 ones upcoming on 3 different cruise lines. Once DCL comes out with late 2019 cruises, I may say we have 4 coming up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!