12/28 Plan

BuenaVistaBound

Planning my next trip...
I never thought we'd attempt Disney during Christmas week, but we've found ourselves planning to be in central Florida on 12/28 after a cruise, so in the words of Luke Skywalker, "I'm going in!"

Here is a rundown of our plan, I have a few specific questions but feel free to jump in with general critiques.

- We disembark at Port Canaveral by 9:00 a.m., rental car is parked at the port. We're heading straight for Disney, with reservations at the Grand Floridian. The plan is to valet the car and hop on a boat to MK. It's about 70 miles, I'm figuring it will take about three hours with traffic. Realistic? How bad is it getting through the main entrance Christmas week at 11:00 a.m. or so?

- We're staying onsite and have dinner reservations in MK. I know that a crowd closure is unlikely, but if I understand correctly we'll still be able to get in as hotel guests with dining reservations, is that correct? Is there anything special we need to do, like go to guest services?

- We got FPs for Splash Mountain 12-1, BTMR 1-2, and Space Mountain 2-3. I front-loaded FPs hoping to be able to pick some up after we've used our three for the day. Any chance of that happening?

- We're dining at Crystal Palace at 5:00 p.m., what are the chances of that becoming a three-hour ordeal? The reason we're going is that it's DD's birthday, anything special to be arranged at CP?

- We have dessert party tickets with the garden area viewing (pre-show dessert). WDW schedule says 10:00 p.m. Holiday Wishes, so we should wander over there around 9:00 p.m.?

- We're an enthusiastic Disney family, but after an early wakeup to get off the cruise ship, a long drive to Orlando, and a full day of rides and standing in line, we'll all be pooped by the midnight closing time. Is there any chance that time gets extended, causing a family showdown about whether to leave? Is the monorail or a boat the better bet for heading back to the GF?

- The next day (Saturday) we're going to Disney Springs and doing The Void at Star Wars and then 4:00 p.m. dinner at the Edison. Heading to the airport for a 10:00 p.m. flight home. Enough time? Any chance of getting in a round at Winter Summerland on a holiday week Saturday between noon and three or 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.?

Thanks in advance for sharing any advice or experience you've had during Christmas week!

- We're staying onsite and have dinner reservations in MK. I know that a crowd closure is unlikely, but if I understand correctly we'll still be able to get in as hotel guests with dining reservations, is that correct?
You are correct sir...
Is the monorail or a boat the better bet for heading back to the GF?
I like the ferry...
We have dessert party tickets with the garden area viewing (pre-show dessert). WDW schedule says 10:00 p.m. Holiday Wishes, so we should wander over there around 9:00 p.m.?
I would arrive a bit earlier as they will usher you to the viewing area well ahead of the start of the show.

FYI - We have 1:00 BTMRR fast passes on the 28th as well! See you there. We will be the family of 4 not wearing matching Disney t-shirts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!