12 Days of FreeForm Disney Dining w/the Queen Mother & Old Grandad-JULY-AUG 19

jphcoffeeboy

Earning My Ears

Hello fellow Dining DISers...Introductions…

Me: jphcoffeeboy, 42, works at a non-profit. Drinks coffee. I know. Surprised, I’m sure.

DW: Lutheranchick82, 36, works at another non-profit, Drinks coffee. Was a Starbucks Barista in college.

DD: Little Miss, 6, will be a proud kindergarten graduate at the time of this trip. She is into princesses, unicorns, cotton candy, and driving the cars at Tomorrowland Speedway. Here are some pictures of us. Snow White dress is couture by Nana.

15726851_10102551872723674_8702009528503580093_n.jpg 23172434_10213631804244648_1211303898002373037_n.jpg

Old Grandad: My Dad, who hasn’t been to Disney since 1975, will celebrate his birthday at the world this trip.

Queen Mother: British Stepmother, totally un-wicked, but did not grow up with Disney, has no Disney World experience, no Disney frame of reference, but likes eating, drinking, and nice hotels, and wants to spend time with us. Here is a picture of them:
34772246_609253086105290_8154846175757860864_o.jpg

Our Dates: Me, Lutheranchick82, and Little Miss will be doing our Welcome Home Stay at Copper Creek, July 28-August 9, 2019. We will be using Tables in Wonderland, AP, DVC, and Condo Cookin’ for our meals.

Old Grandad and Queen Mother will be staying in a Pool View Room at Port Orleans River Side, Disney Dining Plan. July 31-August 6.

We have had to carefully take into account the DDP with our own cash, their wants, and what we think they would enjoy. This is not the normal thread about maximizing your dining plan, or how to pack your own food into the parks, or how to cook in your hotel…because we will do a mixture of all three. It suits us. Your mileage will vary.

These are our plans, so far. We just booked many of these reservations today. If you are flexible, there is much to enjoy at the 130-something day mark for reservations:

Sunday, July 28: Airport food at Midway on our layover. Late arrival. Magical Express. Sort out our grocery delivery and Owner’s Locker on arrival. Eat something simple from our grocery delivery. In-Villa beverages.

Monday: Breakfast. We own a Mickey Waffler which also does a great job with Mickey Omelets. Late start in the Parks (We will have to hit up Guest Services for Tables in Wonderland and Annual Pass Activation) followed by early dinner service at Be Our Guest! For reference, here is our Mickey Waffler in action at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness a little while back:
IMG_6577.jpg IMG_6578.jpg

Tuesday: Breakfast in villa, followed by Second Breakfast at Epcot Fountain Terrace Starbucks. Where we live, Starbucks, actually any espresso place is a 40-minute drive, and that one is in Target. “Linner” in the afternoon after some Epcot Fast-Passin’ The Linner will consist of “Taco Tuesday” in the Villa.

Wednesday, July 31: Breakfast in the Villa, followed my favorite…3-Martini Lunch at the Brown Derby. Lunch offerings here are reasonably park-priced. (In truth, it is likely to be only a one or two Martini lunch. I can’t deal with much more than that). We like the Derby. It is air conditioned and relaxed. We will likely eat leftovers in the room for dinner that night.

Thursday, August 1: Up and at ‘em early for Epcot Extra Magic hours. Easy Villa Breakfast. Probably another Starbucks at Fountain View Terrace. We will leave and have lunch with Queen Mother and Old Grandad at POR Sassagoula food court. Date Night: Parentals on their own, Little Miss to Camp Dolphin and Lutheranchick82 and I will be dining at Bluezoo for dinner, followed up by beverages and a set at Jellyrolls.

Friday, August 2: All five of us are having an early (4pm) dinner at Chef Art Smith’s Country Homecoming Moonshine Drinkin’ Place with Fried Chicken Southern-Style Kitchen.We will pick at Snacks in Magic Kingdom throughout the day. Old Grandad and Queen Mother have 24 Snack credits to blow, and we intend to help them do it. Hoping to have the patience to wait in the line at Sleepy Hollow.

Saturday, August 3: Breakfast in the Villa. Counter Service or Snack Lunch inAnimal Kingdom or back at the villa, depending how we feel. Cocktail Hour at Misner’s Lounge with Dinner at the Grand Flo-Citricos. All five us will be eating at Citricos.

Sunday, August 4: Old Grandad and Queen Mother are on their own. We will be spending time with some close friends in Winter Garden. For dinner, Grillin’ and Chillin’ at Copper Creek.

Monday, August 5th. It is Old Grandad’s Birthday. We will have park food followed by an evening blowout at Narcoossee’s and Top of the World Lounge for fireworks and nightcaps.

Tuesday, August 6th. Old Grandad and Queen Mother depart on Magical Depress. The three that remain have a late breakfast in the villa with a nice evening around the pool and dinner at Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge.

Wednesday, August 7: Breakfast in the Villa. Lunch at Teppan Edo. Dinner is up in the air still.

Thursday, August 8. the Last Night in the World. Clean out the fridge, eat leftovers for lunch. For the final dinner, Morimoto in Disney Springs followed by one more trip to Top of the World Lounge for the Famous Cake.

We are saving Character Dining for our return to the World in January 2020 for Little Miss’s Birthday. Follow along with our plans. They sometimes change…but they will be a blast.

Attachments

• 18839787_10212339876947273_2627109662971584467_o.jpg
    18839787_10212339876947273_2627109662971584467_o.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6536.jpg
    IMG_6536.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6540.jpg
    IMG_6540.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6558.jpg
    IMG_6558.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 2
Nana Couture is done with serious love:).
Great that you figured out how to eat in a manner best suited to your needs; looks like you really did well using your dining plan credits. Just a heads up in case you need it: Brown Derby Lounge is now serving the same menu as the restaurant as well as the lounge menu.
Enjoy yourselves when you get there as you put a lot of time setting up your plans.

Nana Couture is done with serious love:).
Great that you figured out how to eat in a manner best suited to your needs; looks like you really did well using your dining plan credits. Just a heads up in case you need it: Brown Derby Lounge is now serving the same menu as the restaurant as well as the lounge menu.
Enjoy yourselves when you get there as you put a lot of time setting up your plans.
Thanks for the tip. Brown Derby gets a bad rap sometimes, but I've never had a bad time there in a dozen trips. Slow service, sometimes. I think the worst I can say is that the first time I had grapefruit cake, it was dry. That was 10 years ago. No real food issues since then. Our flexible dining is how we have done things since we lived in Florida for 5 years. It's been a long time since we have been on the dining plan, and as AP holders, it just wasn't going to work out for us. I find that I prefer getting what we like, as opposed to the plan. Now with DVC, having the full kitchen in the condo, there is no need for a breakfast rush. We used to stay in off-site condos and pick our restaurant battles, it worked out well for us.

For your entertainment..here is a picture of a Nana Couture Rapunzel dress from this past Halloween:

DisneyWebForums - 12 of 16.jpg

Thanks for the tip. Brown Derby gets a bad rap sometimes, but I've never had a bad time there in a dozen trips. Slow service, sometimes. I think the worst I can say is that the first time I had grapefruit cake, it was dry. That was 10 years ago. No real food issues since then. Our flexible dining is how we have done things since we lived in Florida for 5 years. It's been a long time since we have been on the dining plan, and as AP holders, it just wasn't going to work out for us. I find that I prefer getting what we like, as opposed to the plan. Now with DVC, having the full kitchen in the condo, there is no need for a breakfast rush. We used to stay in off-site condos and pick our restaurant battles, it worked out well for us.

For your entertainment..here is a picture of a Nana Couture Rapunzel dress from this past Halloween:

View attachment 388235
A silk dupioni bodice and skirt? Hotsey totsey! Yup, Nana knows what she's doing:cool2:.

Had a bad service moment at BD restaurant Christmas Day 2017 but I put it in the side since it seemed to me that management had overbooked. Otherwise like yourselves it's all been good.

A silk dupioni bodice and skirt? Hotsey totsey! Yup, Nana knows what she's doing:cool2:.
Thank you. She sure does. I think she learned how to sew before she learned to read. She did theatre costuming for a living for a long time. Now, she sells upholstery and drapes for high-end clients in Naples.

Looks like you got some great dining options; I especially like Narcoossee's and Teppan Edo. I read somewhere that they may be changing Misner's into something Little Miss (who, by the way, is adorable) might like. Have fun!

Looks like you got some great dining options; I especially like Narcoossee's and Teppan Edo. I read somewhere that they may be changing Misner's into something Little Miss (who, by the way, is adorable) might like. Have fun!

Sadly, I have heard that yes, my favorite bar in the World will be down for rehab and “characterization” during our upcoming trip. My Russian Standard Martini with Bleu Cheese olives will have to wait.

Regardless, it looks as if you're in for plenty of other excitement! Maybe you will find a new lounge to fill in until your favorite reopens! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter