12 Nuttiest things Disneyland Passholders do

cruisehopeful

DIS Veteran
Really funny article I got in my Google feed the other day. While I don't do all of these things, I certainly do some of them. I have seen many people on these boards post about various things. I find it hilarious.

Aww, it won't let me post a link because it says that I have used up my free trial. I was going to pay .99 to gain access, but looks like it will autorenew until I cancel. If you want to see the article it's on the Orange County Register for Sept 12. The article title is:
The 12 Nuttiest, weirdest things that Disneyland annual passholders do.

It mentions funny things like we won't go on rides because the lines are too long. We would go to the park just for exercise or to get food. The candy canes, popcorn buckets, arguing about which parking lot is better....:earsboy:

You know what, this article along with some others on the OC Register have convinced me we have a spy on our hands! Fess up, whoever you are!

And I don't do these things. I DEFINITELY don't do 4, 6, 8, 10....

Ha, ha! Guilty of some of those. This one hit a nerve: show up before the park opens and stand in line just to buy candy canes after circling the dates on their calendars that they’ll be available each Christmas. Then, going home and not eating them.

A friend tagged me in this last night (just as I came in from DL, in fact). I’m guilty of only a few of the things on the list. But I either know people that do many of the other things or I may have even witnessed some.

Ha, ha! Guilty of some of those. This one hit a nerve: show up before the park opens and stand in line just to buy candy canes...
We get to the park gates well before the park opens. But not just when CCs are available. We do it just about every time we go.

Last edited:
The OC Register has told me I have hit my 30-day limit since sometime in 2018, so I NEVER get to see any of their articles.

Obviously something is wrong since I’m not hitting any limit without seeing any articles, but...

I will have to imagine the article for myself.

We used to be local AP holders and only did a few of these, but it’s definitely funny, because I know people do them all! We never waited in long lines, for one. We’ve also debated the parking areas. Our choice is the Toy Story lot, for the record.

@disneychrista @goooof1 @Skyegirl1999
It was effort, but here is the list. I resonate with #'s 10, 8, 6, 3 and 4. I don't like plastic - so no worries about me being in line for a popcorn bucket. I am not foodie enough to pay for the 21 Royal dinner. I often consider going for a candy cane, but never have and probably never will.

If you’ve ever known any diehard Disneyland fans, you know they sometimes do things that are downright mystifying, if not the opposite of what you’d expect, except to others like them.

Here are 12 flat-out nutty things that only another Disney fiend could understand. Disneyland annual passholders will….

12. Spend $15,000 on a dinner for 12 people. But, hey, it’s only $1,250 per person for this special dinner called 21 Royal, which takes place in the apartment designed for Walt Disney overlooking New Orleans Square (Walt never used it, because he passed away before it was finished.) Avid Disney fans get together and pool their money for the bragging rights to say they attended this evening, which includes a balcony view of Fantasmic!

11. Stand in line for hours to buy a plastic popcorn bucket — and then refuse to put actual popcorn in it, because it’s a “collector’s item.”

10. Go to the parks just for the exercise. Yep, while the rest of us complain about how exhausting it is to walk around the resort all day, some folks go there just to get their morning steps in.

9. Obsess about secret menu items. Did you know that restaurants at the Disneyland Resort have secret menu items? Sometimes they’re popular items that have been discontinued but people still ask for them, other times they’re just secret because it’s fun. For example, at Adventureland’s Tropical Hideaway, you can ask them to put candied bacon on your Dole Whip, but you won’t find it on the menu. Now, the resort offers hundreds, maybe thousands of food and drink items 365 days a year. But that won’t stop passholders from seeking out the hidden ones.

8. Argue for an hour about whether Toy Story or Mickey and Friends is a better parking lot. The Toy Story is a surface lot on Harbor Boulevard near the Anaheim Convention Center. You must grab a shuttle bus to the resort’s transit zone, which drops you off near the ticket booths. Mickey and Friends is one of the largest parking structures in California, located just off the Santa Ana (5) Freeway and most people take the tram to Downtown Disney. Nowadays, people can argue over three parking choices since the new Pixar Pals garage opened adjacent to Mickey and Friends.

7. OK, this is one we don’t like, but it happens. Annoying, entitled passholders argue with or berate employees by telling them that they “pay their salaries.” While it may be true that the Disneyland Resort’s most loyal fans are crucial to its profits, that’s no excuse for being a jerk, especially at a place where employees aren’t allowed to punch you in the nose.

6. Refuse to go on rides because the lines are too long. These folks are just glad to be roaming around Walt’s kingdom, and they know they can check the wait times on the Disneyland app tomorrow and rush over to get their fix of the Haunted Mansion.

5. Tell their friends how depressed they are because they haven’t been to the park for a week, and ask them to text pictures.

4. Go to the resort just to eat. Maybe it’s the seasonal specialties, maybe it’s the churros, but plenty of passholders go just to get their feed on. Yes, even at those prices.

3. Pay thousands of dollars per family for annual passes — then spend even more on tickets to special events. Passholders can sometimes sell out special night events like Disneyland After Dark, which generally cost around $100 a ticket, to visit a park they could have spent the day at for free.

2. Show up before the parks open and stand in line, just to buy candy canes, after circling the dates on their calendars that they’ll be available each Christmas. Then, going home and not eating them.

1 The nuttiest thing that annual passholders do? Call in sick when it’s raining, so they can go to the parks. Yes, while vacationers are fleeing under their umbrellas, the diehards have pulled out the ponchos and revved up the car, knowing that Disneyland almost never closes for weather, and they’ll be able to walk onto Space Mountain and Indiana Jones.

1 The nuttiest thing that annual passholders do? Call in sick when it’s raining, so they can go to the parks. Yes, while vacationers are fleeing under their umbrellas, the diehards have pulled out the ponchos and revved up the car, knowing that Disneyland almost never closes for weather, and they’ll be able to walk onto Space Mountain and Indiana Jones.

I thought it worked the opposite of this. I thought when it rained, locals all stayed away and leave the park to the vacationers, who are kind of committed to being there those days.

Being from the Pacific Northwest, where rain is just a way of life, I actually hope for drizzle when I'm at Disneyland. It's only happened a couple of times, but those are the best days. The rain doesn't particularly bother me, and, yeah, you can just walk on everything!

I thought it worked the opposite of this. I thought when it rained, locals all stayed away and leave the park to the vacationers, who are kind of committed to being there those days.

Being from the Pacific Northwest, where rain is just a way of life, I actually hope for drizzle when I'm at Disneyland. It's only happened a couple of times, but those are the best days. The rain doesn't particularly bother me, and, yeah, you can just walk on everythinjg!

Yeah...I stay home when it rains. Rain is miserable at Disneyland. The walkways get SO slippery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter