125% credit

Cavs49

Earning My Ears
Our family is set to re-book our canceled cruise. We were on the 5 night castaway cay double dip in July 2020. We are thinking of rebooking to a 4 night cruise and not doing the 5 night. Just checking to see if others have used the remaining credit to book hotels and tickets in the parks? We want to do that if possible. the 2021 double dip is almost $3000 more than the 4 night and we thought we could get more out of a Disney parks stay and the 4 night cruise if the credit can be used on land. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Our family is set to re-book our canceled cruise. We were on the 5 night castaway cay double dip in July 2020. We are thinking of rebooking to a 4 night cruise and not doing the 5 night. Just checking to see if others have used the remaining credit to book hotels and tickets in the parks? We want to do that if possible. the 2021 double dip is almost $3000 more than the 4 night and we thought we could get more out of a Disney parks stay and the 4 night cruise if the credit can be used on land. Thanks for the info!
According to my travel agent, you can book rooms and buy tickets at Disney World as long as it is immediately before or after your cruise (and may need to be done through DCL). I was told you would not be eligible for any room or package promotions - so you pay full list price. You also cannot get the dining plan. Again, I'm just passing along what I was told by my travel agent (but she's good).

You also cannot get the dining plan.
Dining plan is gone, no longer offered for anyone, as of last night.

OP - considering the chaos with WDW booking at the moment, I'd suggest you either 1) hold off rebooking to see what's happening at WDW or 2) call DCL to rebook and ask what they are doing about land/sea offerings. I'm thinking it may be unavailable at this time.

Update - for anyone looking to use some of their 125% credit for resorts / tickets.

My wife and I did book the 4 day Bahamas cruise in early June next summer. Our 5 night double dip at Castaway Cay is what was canceled. We looked at rebooking the double dip for next summer ... but the price between our 4 night and 5 night was $3000 difference. (we have 5 in our party) So we decided the 4 night and use leftover credit at WDW resorts/tickets.

I was told this morning - by Marissa (she was the nicest person ever!) that we could use our credit for hotels and tickets if we booked through DCL only. We like to do WDW after our cruise ... so that is what we were hoping for. Few things .... they will not take any reservations for resorts right now, and DCL will not sell individual park tickets. DCL will only sell park hopper tickets and it has to be 2-5 days. They were able to book us in the Hyatt Coco Beach the night before our cruise and used credit for that. They CAN book with hotels that they have agreements with that are not on Disney property (or maybe owned by Disney?) We could have stayed at the airport hotel also and rode DCL transportation to the cruise. (But we like to get there as early as possible) She told us to check back in a month to see if they are able to start booking on property and then we could use the 125% credit for our on property resort cost and 2-5 day park hopper passes!

I was dreading making the call - but was only on hold about 10 minutes and the process of getting our 10% on board booking discount, the $100 on board credit, and the 125% future cruise credit was extremely easy and quick.

Here's to hoping that cruises start up soon!

We could have stayed at the airport hotel also and rode DCL transportation to the cruise. (But we like to get there as early as possible)
You may have other reasons you didn't want to book the airport hotel through DCL but wanted to clarify: the airport hotel they use is the Hyatt MCO and you walk down to the transportation area on your own schedule (they handle your bags from your room). If you stay there, you can get on the early buses to the port. It is not like transportation from the resorts where you are assigned a pick-up time and usually arrive at the port late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter