13 Year old gir declared brain dead has now officially died

I think they're off of government aid for this. I remember reading that they get enough in donations to pay for her home care because the funds for the hospital dried up and they had to leave.

I could be totally wrong and can't even begin to remember where I saw it
Some believe that the reason they are trying to keep her "alive," is because alive they can sue the hospital for continued medical care. Whereas if she is dead, there is a cap on the amount they can sue for.

Some believe that the reason they are trying to keep her "alive," is because alive they can sue the hospital for continued medical care. Whereas if she is dead, there is a cap on the amount they can sue for.

There's a statutory $250,000 "noneconomic damages" cap in California for medical malpractice. The hospital would gladly pay up just to make it go away. The family's attorney was one of the big names behind a ballot proposition that would have increased the limit to a million. I listen to local radio, and I want to puke every time I hear that attorney's commercial.

Legal awards are never open-ended, so it's always a single lump sum payout. I heard of a case where a patient at Children's Hospital Oakland came out of surgery and was in a medically verifiable persistent vegetative state. The hospital settled for about $4 million, which is supposed to pay for the medical costs for life.

There's a statutory $250,000 "noneconomic damages" cap in California for medical malpractice. The hospital would gladly pay up just to make it go away. The family's attorney was one of the big names behind a ballot proposition that would have increased the limit to a million. I listen to local radio, and I want to puke every time I hear that attorney's commercial.

Legal awards are never open-ended, so it's always a single lump sum payout. I heard of a case where a patient at Children's Hospital Oakland came out of surgery and was in a medically verifiable persistent vegetative state. The hospital settled for about $4 million, which is supposed to pay for the medical costs for life.

Only paid for medical care? Don't they take the loss of a fully functional life into account? Or would that come from somewhere else? It just seems like such a small amount.

Basically all the family has is a bunch of "doctors" who haven't inspected her in person. While most may technically be licensed professionals, many weren't actually doctors. The ones who were pretty much have a history of wanting to change the clinical definition of "brain death". There isn't a single doctor saying that this is a conventional misdiagnosis of brain death.

It is rather remarkable that they've managed to keep the body going this long. However, even they're claiming that beyond the ventilator they need blankets to keep the body warm. That in and of itself says that there's no brain function properly regulating the body. They're getting a cocktail of assorted drugs to handle the hormonal functions that even a minimally functioning live brain stem should be doing.

This is just gruesome at this point. They need to have an actual doctor, not just a "doctor" tell her it's time to let go.

They've had a couple of licensed physicians claim on their behalf that Jahi is still alive. However, it just proves that there can be controversial figures in the medical community. Both Dr. Shewmon at UCLA and Dr. Bryrne are well noted for their stands that there is no such thing as brain death.

I keep on thinking of Peter Duesberg at UC Berkeley. He's frankly brilliant in his field, but for years he's been championing his claim that HIV is a mostly harmless virus and that AIDS symptoms are caused by illegal drug abuse. I talked to a few people in his department, and they're generally embarrassed by that association.

Basically all the family has is a bunch of "doctors" who haven't inspected her in person. While most may technically be licensed professionals, many weren't actually doctors. The ones who were pretty much have a history of wanting to change the clinical definition of "brain death". There isn't a single doctor saying that this is a conventional misdiagnosis of brain death.

It is rather remarkable that they've managed to keep the body going this long. However, even they're claiming that beyond the ventilator they need blankets to keep the body warm. That in and of itself says that there's no brain function properly regulating the body. They're getting a cocktail of assorted drugs to handle the hormonal functions that even a minimally functioning live brain stem should be doing.
I have been following the case and I agree. I was just updating the thread.

It seems to me that if she really did move her foot "on command" that she would have done it at the beginning of the video and not 5 or 6 minutes later. That says to me involuntary movement that with the right words/timing looks like a respond to a command.

....you read about this and then hear about little Charlie Gard's case.....is there no happy medium? :confused3

Well, sometimes I Google Jahi and apparently a couple weeks ago, an Alameda judge, Stephen Pulido ruled that he will have a jury to decide of Jahi is alive or dead essentially, lol..

Wth?!

Last edited:
What ever happened to human dignity? I am appalled.

If this family had any sense of human dignity for Jahi, they would have buried her long ago.

FWIW, this is actually a malpractice suit they have filed against the hospital. The family believes the hospital should pay for her care, and that is what a jury will decide.

If this family had any sense of human dignity for Jahi, they would have buried her long ago.

FWIW, this is actually a malpractice suit they have filed against the hospital. The family believes the hospital should pay for her care, and that is what a jury will decide.

Oh dear Lord

And what is up with this judge? A death certificate was issued and Jahi had to meet certain criteria for that to happen.

Is a real Doctor going to testify that he has examined her, have it in video that she is alive?

Will Mama Nails have to pay back all that medicaid if the jury rules she is dead?

Will the family do right by this young girl's vessel and let it off the machines if jury finds her dead or will this go to a higher court?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!