14 day ultimate ticket - actually lasts for 15? anyone know?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
i know this question has been asked before..
and i've actually answered yes to this in the past, as we've successfully used it for 15 days, but is that still true?
has anyone done this recently?

What i mean is this: you buy a 14 day ultimate ticket for your 14 night stay.
You go into the parks on the day you arrive and every day after that including on the day that you leave (after you check out).
That means you have gone into the park on 15 consecutive days for a 14 night stay.

This worked the last time i did it, which was several years ago.
The last time we were there, was for 3 weeks with a 21 day ticket, so i didn't have to test the theory.

Has anyone done this more recently?

Yes Just back a week and used our 14 day Ultimate ticket every day from the 1st - 15th January inclusive. We could only book 14 days worth of FPs so we did one of our 15 days old style with no FPs. Left it to the end when the parks were quiet, accepted that we wouldn't do any of the biggies that day if wait times were long and made do with short waits and shows.

Mrs TT

i didn't think about the FPs...
we did the 15 day thing back when it was still paper FPs...
hmmm....that's kind of annoying that you can't get FPs for the last day...
but in truth, you can get a lot of stuff just by being at rope drop...

We didn't get any photos taken on the last day but I imagine it would. We were at WDW from the 30th December and stayed at CBR for 2 nights (wanted to try a Skyliner resort) before transferring to SSR for a week with free DDP. We then stayed off site in a villa until 16th January. We had photos taken on the 30th and 31st whilst resort hopping which showed on MDE with a watermark over them until we checked in to SSR and used our 14 day ultimates for the first time at which point they lost their watermark and were available for download with all the others we had taken. Given that we had no valid ticket when these were taken I would imagine that anything taken on your 15th day while you still have a valid ticket would be fine too.

Mrs TT

Hi, we last went in 2017 and memorymaker worked on the last day for us. We were able to see and download photos on our account. We were able to make fast passes as well. We did not enter the parks on our arrival day though. Maybe thats the difference?

Hi, we last went in 2017 and memorymaker worked on the last day for us. We were able to see and download photos on our account. We were able to make fast passes as well. We did not enter the parks on our arrival day though. Maybe thats the difference?

yes, if you're there for 14 nights and you don't enter the park on arrival day, then you only enter the parks on 14 days..
we were there for 14 nights and entered on both arrival and departure - so 15 days.
But that was before digital fastpasses.
The fact that we won't be able to get FPs for the last day might be a dealbreaker.
the difference in the two tickets is only 40 pounds, so i might just buy the 21 day ticket and call it a day

I wasn’t sure as on our booking it says the tickets are active from arrival day until midnight on the day you check out. So this makes it 15 days, 14 nights not sure why you would not be able to make fast passes for the last day of your stay.

I wasn’t sure as on our booking it says the tickets are active from arrival day until midnight on the day you check out. So this makes it 15 days, 14 nights not sure why you would not be able to make fast passes for the last day of your stay.

i never noticed the booking says that....
and you're right, if it says that it would seem to mean that you should be able to book FPs...

the earlier poster on this thread said she couldn't make fastpasses for her last day.
i wonder if it was just that she couldn't at 60 days, but if she had waited until 60 days from the last day, if it would have worked...

Just to clarify I was able to make Fastpasses for day 15 but only after I'd cancelled the ones for an earlier day (day 12 as it turned out). If I tried to book a 15th day of FPs I got the message ' you have reached your FP limit etc'. It appeared that the 14 day ticket allowed however 15 days park entry but only 14 days of FPs. Of course we checked out of onsite accommodation and into an offsite villa on day 8 so were off site by the end of our holiday. Could be if your whole stay is onsite you will be able to make FPs for all 15 days.

Mrs TT

Just to clarify I was able to make Fastpasses for day 15 but only after I'd cancelled the ones for an earlier day (day 12 as it turned out). If I tried to book a 15th day of FPs I got the message ' you have reached your FP limit etc'. It appeared that the 14 day ticket allowed however 15 days park entry but only 14 days of FPs. Of course we checked out of onsite accommodation and into an offsite villa on day 8 so were off site by the end of our holiday. Could be if your whole stay is onsite you will be able to make FPs for all 15 days.

Mrs TT

it's possible that the system 'thinks' the ticket is only good for 14 days, and so it only allows 14 days of FPs..

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1118988&page=5
I found this thread. It seems you can only book fastpasses for 14 days.. 😢
very interesting, thanks!
i actually posted this in advance of my daughter's trip this summer..
i told her i think she needs to get the 21 day ticket..
they're going for 15 nights, but she hadn't planned on going into the parks on the first day..
so that would be the same as a 14 night stay and starting on her 2nd day ....
but by buying the 14 day ultimate, she has two issues....
she can only book FPs for 14 of the 15 days and she's completely locking herself out of going into the park on the first day (since she's there for 15 nights/16 days)..
since they arrive in orlando at about 10 am, i figure they'll be at WDW certainly by 1 PM....
once they check in and have lunch, there will be a lot of hours left to stay awake before that first night crash into bed.....
she was thinking of doing what she and i did last summer...
we monorail resort hopped without going into the parks..
but we were staying at BLT, which lends itself to monorail hopping.
this year, she starts at the boardwalk inn for the first 4 days, before moving over to BLT...
from the boardwalk, if she wants to monorail hop, she has to go through epcot..
that's an entrance, no matter how you slice it..
so she should just buy the 21 day tickets and call it a day...
it's just for her and her husband...so only an additional 80 pounds..
no big deal and this way she'll be able to do whatever she wants that first day plus book FPs for all their days....

when all 9 of us go in 2021, it will be a 3 week trip and perhaps we'll have this issue in terms of the 21 day ultimate ticket (21 day ticket good for 22 days)....
but i'll worry about that next year...8-)
thanks everyone!!

We landed at 4:30pm on the 30th December but didn't have tickets until the 1st so had 1 full day without tickets. If your daughter is staying at the Boardwalk she and her husband could walk to Epcot International Gateway and pick up a Skyliner there and do a Skyliner resort tour? Skyliner to CBR and a wander about there followed by a walk/Skyliner to AoA/Pop and then Skyliner/walk to Riviera Resort. Skyliner from there back to Hollywood Studios and then a walk/friendship boat back to Boardwalk. We started off this year by taking a resort bus to MK and then picked up the monorail from there: breakfast at 1900 Park Fayre followed by Poly then Contemporary. Boat from Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge then a bus to Studios. Friendship Boat to Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach Club then IG for the Skyliner hopping. Finished off with dinner at Sebastian's. Great fun!

Mrs TT

She could spend the day at Disney springs have a game of bowling, where uk has a 10% discount, and have a great dinner there!
But yes £80 it's not much more.
that's a great idea...
i know they'll have lunch at beaches and cream first, so they could head over to DS after that..

We landed at 4:30pm on the 30th December but didn't have tickets until the 1st so had 1 full day without tickets. If your daughter is staying at the Boardwalk she and her husband could walk to Epcot International Gateway and pick up a Skyliner there and do a Skyliner resort tour? Skyliner to CBR and a wander about there followed by a walk/Skyliner to AoA/Pop and then Skyliner/walk to Riviera Resort. Skyliner from there back to Hollywood Studios and then a walk/friendship boat back to Boardwalk. We started off this year by taking a resort bus to MK and then picked up the monorail from there: breakfast at 1900 Park Fayre followed by Poly then Contemporary. Boat from Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge then a bus to Studios. Friendship Boat to Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach Club then IG for the Skyliner hopping. Finished off with dinner at Sebastian's. Great fun!

Mrs TT

No skyliner for her.
But taking the bus to MK and getting on the monorail is definitely a possibility.
As i mentioned, my daughter and I were at BLT in August (a girls only holiday).
Our plane arrived in Orlando at 5 am and we were already at BLT at 6:30 where they amazingly had a room available for us!!!

After slowly getting organized, showered and changed, we walked across the bridge to the Contemporary Resort, got a bite to eat, then got on the monorail and headed over to the Polynesian Resort.

At the Poly, we walked around a little, checked out the stores (including paintings, which my daughter is always on the lookout for), had a dole whip (i had the super yummy lime dole whip - OMG it's soooooooo good).

we then got back on the monorail for the Grand Floridian, where we walked around and checked out the stores, then got back on the monorail.

Our next stop was the Magic Kingdom, where we got off the monorail, but didn't enter the park.
Instead we caught the boat to the Wilderness Lodge.
That boat ride is one of the best attractions at WDW!!!

At the Wilderness Lodge, we walked around, checked out that new outdoor bar, checked out the stores, then took a boat back to the Contemporary resort (where we went to pick up our credentials for the dis convention we were attending....so much fun!!)

All in all, a super great day without ever entering a park!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!