14-days ticket only valid for 9 days with package?!

Dingdingding

Mouseketeer
Recently I've booked (through the Irish website) my Disney-vacation for next January with the Dining package (and thank you all for all your help!). I was planning on staying on property at Disney for a full week and then a week at Universal, hopping to Disney for a couple of days from the much cheaper Universal hotel (I'm not able to afford a two week stay at a on property hotel in WDW). So I've booked a package with 8 nights at Saratoga Springs and a 14 days ultimate ticket.

I've always understood that if you book a package with tickets and hotel, the ticket validity will start at the check in date but thought they would be good for two weeks from that moment onwards. I've booked at SSR for 18-26 January so I thought the tickets would be good to use untill 2 February. But now I checked in the My Disney Experience app and it says the tickets are valid through 01/26/2018!

Am I panicking over nothing or was I so stupid to think a 14 days-ticket with 8 nights would be good for 14 days? Had anyone else encountered this problem?

that doesn't make sense at all...
we used our tickets for the full 14 days 2 years ago, even though our package had ended...

i think i remember reading that someone had a problem when their package ended the first time they tried to enter a park, but disney guest services was able to take care of it right away..

there is a telephone number you can call to talk to disney computer software people - the ones who deal with these sorts of glitches...
let me look for the number.....i'll be right back..

ok, here's the number: 0800 16 90 749

this isn't a regular disney number..
this is the number to reach the disney technical/computer people who deal with my disney experience issues - etc.
they've been able to help me on two different occasions, so maybe they can help you?

but your ticket definitely is valid for 14 days.....that's the definition of a 14 day ticket....you didn't buy a length of package ticket..

I've always understood that if you book a package with tickets and hotel, the ticket validity will start at the check in date but thought they would be good for two weeks from that moment onwards

no, the check in date is the date when you can start using your tickets (= you can't use them before that date)

but your tickets onlya activate (= clock starts ticking) the first time you enter a park, and last for 14 days from that moment on
if you activate your tickets on day 3 they'll still last 14 days counting from your first park day, not your check in day

there seems to be a display problem on MDX, where it shows the length you can do 60 days Fastpass+ for

call disney to sort things out.

Ticket s definitely lasts for the full time. We are in Orlando at the moment and stayed at SSR for 10 days with free dining with a 21 day ticket. Not only did our ticket last for the full 21 days our resort mug also lasted until yesterday (we checked in on the 29th June). We were able to book Fps 60 days out from our Disney stay but only 30 days out for the remaining days on our ticket.

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter