• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

14 Years in the Making. We are finally DVC Members!!

ScottakaMickey

DIS Veteran
Well, by the subject line I am sure people are wondering.

Short story:
We bought AKV, 160 Points, took the Double Developer points and got a Feb 07 UY. It all came together today and we are now official.

Long Story:
DW and I are long time Disney fans. Our first trip together was to Orlando and most of that trip we did Disney. We ultimately moved to FL and back 14 Years ago her sister and husband were down and came to Disney. We came down with them, they were staying at a new resort called Dixie Landings and we stayed with them and enjoyed the parks. While there we saw this thing about DVC and took the tour on our way out of town. We really liked the concept and were kind of interested, but our financial situation and being in Florida we didn't think we would benefit, boy were we wrong.

Years went by and around 1999 we got into Pin Trading and started meeting and getting to know Disney fans from all over the country. So many of our new friends were DVC members and we would occassionaly wonder. Then in 2003 we took the tour again and almost joined, but our calculations told us we needed about 380 points and again finances were not right. As Irony would have it, a good friend of ours from KY ended up joining back then as they learned about it when we did the tour again.

More years went by and a Pirates Event was upcoming that we wanted to attend. Disney offered a special deal on the package for DVC members, so we ended up renting our first set of points and got the deal for the event and stayed at OKW along with friends whom were also attending the event and were DVC members. We really started thinking again!!. Then we got another 1 day rental on July 5, couldn't pass it up, and while there took the tour and saw SSR and AKV. Earlier this week we made the decision to purchase some OKW points from Disney so that we could last years points and this years points. I called the guide, but didn't hear back. I was monitoring the Operations board and saw a thread that talked about a deal for AKV, where they were giving Feb07 UY, so you get a full years points and the next year is right around the corner. It was a two day special, supposedly, ending today. I hadn't heard from my guide, so I called him and he answered. Thursday and Friday were his days off and he happened to just be leaving me a message on my cell phone we I called. We talked about OKW and I asked about the AKV deal. He didn't know about it, but looked and sure enough it was there. He had to do a tour, but said he would call me back as if we were going to do it, we needed to today. DW and I discussed all of the options and chose AKV. The guide called back this evening and we made it official.

Now I have to figure out what to do with 480 points. :)

This board has been wonderful and for those that have known me I am sure will be surprised that I finally pulled the trigger.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to anounce my joy!!

Congratulations! Did your guide suggest splitting your points into smaller contracts just in case you want/need to sell some off someday?

Congratulations! Did your guide suggest splitting your points into smaller contracts just in case you want/need to sell some off someday?

It was just the basic 160 pt contract. The OP was considering the current Feb07 use year points they received and the banking/borrowing possibilities to total 480 points.

As others stated, it was just the basic 160 point initial contract. I got 480 by adding up the current 07 points, plus the double developer points.

Thanks everyone for the congrats!!

Congrats.....you'll love DVC:love:

With 480pts to play with.....you won't have to worry
about add-ons for a while:lmao:
Welcome Home
Kerri

Congrats.....you'll love DVC:love:

With 480pts to play with.....you won't have to worry
about add-ons for a while:lmao:
Welcome Home
Kerri

LOL!

I remember when we first bought (2001), we already had a trip paid for so we had 400 points! Man I thought they would last forever! :rotfl: Fast forward to 2007, we have a December use year, and when we receive our allotment, we will only be getting 30 points:scared1: how did THAT happen:rolleyes1

PS~ WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Irony would have it, a good friend of ours from KY ended up joining back then as they learned about it when we did the tour again.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to anounce my joy!!

YAY Scott!!!!!!

Gotta love that friend from KY :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter