15...10...6...Double Z's Do Disney

LittleMissDisney

Mouseketeer
I am a planner (more about who I am in a moment). I sit here just over my 180mark thinking back about how this Disney trip started and a I realized...I am surrounded by people who have no idea how stressed I could become with all of this!

Let's back up to December 2009-when this Disney trip was first conceived. My dh's parents are snowbirds and winter in Florida. At Christmas last year dh and I talked about doing Christmas 2010 with them in Florida and adding on a Disney vacation!!!:banana: I was ecstatic and started planning then!

I mentioned it to my mom who asked if we minded if she and my dad tagged along (helloooo free babysitters if dh and I want a late night with the Mouse :)) and if we could run some numbers for her. From there she mentioned it to my brothers who both decided that they wanted to make the trip too.

15 people-1 person with a head for managing...me :rotfl: <---that's me having a mental breakdown when I realized the magnitude of this project. The original cast of characters was:

My family: dh, me (honeymooned in Disney), Zack (8) first time, Zane (5) first time
My parents: Gaga and Papa (honeymooned in Disney)
Older Brother's family: Ray, Sherri (honeymooned in Disney), Anthony (16) first time, Katie (11) first time
Younger Brother's family: Matt, Jen, Rayleigh first time (6), Jade first time (4), Cami (2) first time

Dropouts: The first to have to drop out of our Grand Gathering was my younger brother's family. He got called back into service (US Army-Reserves now) and they found out they are expecting again:yay: They live in Hawaii and it was going to just be too much $ to get all of his girls down this way-plus having a newborn and deployed daddy.

So...now we're down to 10...still a Grand Gathering and a whole lot of family. My older brother's family had to drop out next. They live in Michigan and he works for Ford's. $ ended up being a deciding factor for them.

Okay...down to 6.
Here is a photo journey of the cast members of this adventure:
Family001.jpg

Dh: Michael (37) been to Disney as a child and on honeymoon (2001)-behind the scenes planner (travel, major budget...), very laidback and easy going

Me: Nicole (31) had been to Disney as a child and on honeymoon (2001) - OCD planner-not commando style (down to the minute) but definitely not a seat of your pants kind of girl. Scrapbooker of the family and has a tendency to get stressed out over the details

Side note: I've been having intermittent pain in my right hip. Doctors are unsure yet what is causing it. So far we've ruled out fracture and bone cancer :worship: Thank You God! but it causes me intense moments/hours of pain on occasion and worries my dh to death. I'm not sure how much this will play into our Disney plans.

Zack (8): Loves Peter Pan, Star Wars and wants to meet the Snow Queen from Narnia. Also loves animals. Not a fan of rollercoasters or rides but is willing to go along with everybody.

Zane (5): Loves Tinkerbelle, Peter Pan and the Fab 5. Wants to see the castle. Loves rollercoasters and anything fast.

ChristamaswithGrandma003.jpg
Papa (distinguished age). Papa's favorite movie is Mary Poppins. He is the peace maker of our group and can settle everyone down. He also is very outgoing-if you're there the same time we are he'll probably get your life story and be your best friend on Facebook!

ChristamaswithGrandma010.jpg
Gaga (distinguished age-lower than Papa's) Gaga is there for the kids. She is great about doing whatever and whenever for her grandkids. More reserved than my dad she's excellent at soothing ruffled feathers and reining us all in.

Coming up: When, How and Where will this all take place!

When: December 27-December 31st Dh and I both work for the school system and this time works best for both of us. I don't have to make lesson plans and Dh doesn't have to take time off.

How: Driving Missouri to Florida-6 people in a Kia Sedona. Packing will be fun! I'm wondering if Mousekeeping will let me borrow their vacuum-I'm thinking about using space bags to help minimize the number of suitcases we need to take.

Where: Pop Century We selected a value resort for the value-even with kids we don't plan on spending much more than sleeping/naps in the rooms. We're doing the Dining Plan and a Fridge, Coffee, Toaster Swap. Most breakfasts will be in the room-poptarts (breakfast of champions) or cereal, juice, milk and muffins.

Next: Pre-Planning Spreadsheets and Surprises

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter