150 Club....Care to join??? Continued.

Good morning ladies! I know it's been awhile since I posted here. We have just been so busy this summer. I was doing so good and was down to right around 170 just after we moved into the new house back in late April and early May but now I'm right back up to 178/179. I refuse to go back into the 180's.

I just need a plan of some sort that works. I always seem to be grabbing for easy foods and we have eaten a lot of carry out and stuff this summer. We've been to a lot of cook outs and probably had too many cocktails and alcoholic beverages as well which I know are loaded with calories. It's so relaxing though to come home in the evening and sit out on the screened porch and read or chit chat and enjoy a cold beer, or two....

And I really need to cut back on the sodas. Most of the time I drink diet but some days I just crave regular coke.

We go to Disney in about 30 days and I would love to drop some weight before then.

What kind of plans are you guys doing right now? Anyone have some good and easy recipes that I can try out or meal plans they can share with me?

My plan is to let life take me to Sept. 1. I have just lost all motivation, we have company until Aug. 30, and I am burnt out from two intensive work assignments. I need to rest mentally before I can tackle anything. I'm not throwing all the good I do out the window -- still drinking water and rare diet sodas, eating fruits and veggies -- but unable to use my TM or get away to workout, and eating lots of extras with the company...I've committed to going back to WW Online, I brought home a notebook to journal and record stuff, and I'm telling everyone who will listen -- Sept. 1 is the day!

Maria :upsidedow

So, um, how's everybody doin'?

I'm happy to say I was able to restart myself Sept. 1, and I am slowly losing weight. My notebook is a huge help -- great place to record motivation, rewards, progress, etc.

I've pretty much stopped drinking soda, and we've started eating mostly organic. I actually think the fruit and veggies taste better. Paul Newman Organic anything is pretty good!

I just have a few weeks before I start training for the WDW Half. The challenge then will be to eat enough to fuel my workouts, but not too much...I have trouble with this every year, but I'm hoping this time will be different!

Thanks for bumping up the thread. My weight hasn't changed much lately.. I'm in a holding pattern, I guess. It's not a bad weight for me, but I'm still slightly overweight.

I am Baaaack!!! So nice to see old names!! I've been NON-EXISTENT for the past 2 years...I had lost down to 174 and was soo happy to claim my 65 pound banner!! Only 24 pounds from 150!! Then life hit. It will always, so at age 42 I'm compelled to make this the last go round to that wonderful 150 club!! The highest I've reached in the past two years was 265!! Not only did I put on the 65 I lost but I went overboard...we have had 2 house payments for 28 months and it just got to me, we still have both payments but now it's such a matter of fact point for us, that I figure eating hasn't made me feel better, it's actually made me more tired and sore! So it's all coming off!! Last December my dd was misdiagnosed and due to the wrong medication sent her body into a spiral...9 months of pain and torture that kept my focus on her and not anything else, even the houses! She has been great for 4 weeks and we're claiming her restored...we even cancelled the Mayo clinic we've waited 3 months for!! So now it's time to focus on me..

I did great in July/August walking over 100 miles each month...then we were in a car accident (we were rear-ended and I had horrible neck pain and headaches, I just couldn't walk on the treadmill)..that has finally gotten better so I'm back to walking 4-6 miles 5x a week....and watching what I eat...I'm going to weigh every other week for the first two months just so I don't knock myself down....

I'm back at Dis b/c I said to heck with it, we haven't had a vacation in 3 years...we're cutting eating out and some other things and will be able to afford the kids sail free on the Mediterranean on May 5...so I have a GOAL to lose 70 pounds by the sailing..more if possible...shooting for 15 pounds a month for the first 3 then 10 pounds a month for the next 4....I've done it before, I know I can get 'er done....I am soo busy but hope to check in and be an encourager for all those that are on that journey down!! And I hope to see some of you have made it!!

Blessings all!!

Tara in Alabama

Wow, Tara

I thought you disappeared and now I see why! Great to have you back, this thread definitely needs a big nudge!

I am so close to Onderland (yet again), but this time I believe I'm really going to do it. I was here right before our vacation in June, and it's taken me this long to get back...

So sorry to hear the house situation is still hanging on, and poor dd! Prayers that she is truly recovered. And a car accident to boot -- you have really been through the wringer. I hope nothing but great times are ahead for you! A vacation is definitely in order!

Absolutely fantastic to see you posting again -- let's do this together!

Maria!!! You soldier you!! Onederland will be there for both of us! You will hit it much sooner than I but I plan to be there by February...so catch me catching up to you soon!! :) So proud of you!!!!

I'm here to encourage and share, and let everyone know there's never a point where we don't stop going for our dreams!! :)

Tara

Is this thread for folks who want to weigh 150? I would love to join in and have a ways to go. Is it open to anyone?

It's for people wanting to get to 150 (in my case, a little under 150). Anyone can join. Welcome.

Hreat, thank you. I need support every once and in while and it is better coming from people who have walked a mile in my shoes.:thumbsup2

Happy to say I'm still going strong and staying under 200, flirting with 195, so it's all downhill from here!

Maria :upsidedown

Ugh. I need to join! I have gained almost 20 lbs. in the past year! I was very comfortable around 140lbs. at 5'9" and am not liking where I am heading. After all of this Halloween candy, I am just scared to step on the scale. I work out a few times a week but not as much as I used to. I am a full-time student, have a part-time job, and a family, so it is hard to find time. Plus, I am an all or nothing dieter (I know, it's a "life style")-I am on, eating healthy or off, eating everything in sight! I am hoping the support of this thread can kick me into gear!

I just found you guys!
I'm 5' 8.5" and weigh 179ish (hopefully less... my weigh in is tomorrow) I look thin-ish around 165 and my perfect weight is 150 (according to me).
When I first met my DH I weighed 135... I had several friends ask me if I had an eating disorder :eek: so I don't think that's a good weight for me.

I guess what I am trying to say is I WANNA JOIN YOU! I didn't have a chance to read every post from the beginning, but I'll go back and see if I can pick up the 'highlights'. :)

-nat

Never say never!!! gollee!! Has it been 8 years!!! Life hit again! I’ve hovered between 230-240 for the past 3 years. Last August, I joined Healthy Wage and bet $100 each month that over 8 months I would lose 60 pounds. I’m 51 days to the end of the Wage and can come back here and say I’m down 50!!!! I have 51 days to hit 176.8...then, I’ll take a month off to maintain (May) and be 15-20 pounds from my ultimate goal of 155!!! My payout with HW will be $2600 which I will put towards our next vacation!
I’ll probably post here once every 3 weeks until I claim this goal I set over ten years ago!!
Here’s what I’m doing:
Complex carbs (one meal) allowed on Mondays/Tuesdays, no more than 1400 calories a day. Never eat after 5, 3 days I intermittent fast after 2, mostly veggies, lean proteins, only balsamic for dressing, low sodium, water with lemon or cranberry splash in it, work out at gym 4-5 days a week- 3 miles on elliptical, 3k on rowing machine- 20 minutes on weights...started out with 1k and 1 mile!! Then I fit in 4-5 3 mile walks with the dogs...it’s coming off!!!
I hope others have maintained the 150s!!! I will start a maintain 150 or below club once I achieve this one- you’re never too old to get fit!! I’m 51!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!