16 year old, Keys to the Kingdom Tour question

bear_mom

DIS Veteran
are they still really strict the age for the KTTK Tour. Dd will be 16, but doesn’t have a drivers license yet. Should we bring her passport? Has anyone had ID checked with teens?

Also, anyone take the Tour lately, where is lunch?

The phone CM told me to bring ID when I booked. We are taking the tour on May 3rd so I can report back with the lunch location. I think it's been at Tomorrowland Terrace recently.

My 17 year old daughter and I did the tour in March. She did not have to show any identification. Lunch was at Pecos Bills.

We did the tour on DS 16th birthday so he didn't have a license. I brought his birth certificate as we didn't have a passport. He wasn't asked for ID. I felt better that we had ID just in case.

They don't worry about minors having ID. My son was always able to make purchases using his AP discount without ID. The vast majority of the time no one ever asked him for ID, if they did he simply told them that he didn't have his driver's license yet - no problems. I think the ages are more of a guideline for ensuring kids are old enough to handle the tour and won't be bored.

When my son was younger he always went to the parks on his own or with his friends; we never realized kids are supposed to be a certain age if they are on their own. No one ever questioned my son about his age.

I took both my boys on the tour when they turned 16. One was asked for ID, one wasn’t. I would take the passport just in case :)

Did the tour this past Sunday, very good and I cant answer the question about ID, but I will say that unless the teen has a very good attention span they could lose interest. We enjoyed the tour very much but the guide does alot of talking, we found it quite interesting but a teen might get bored after awhile. And worth noting is that that they are VERY strict about not using and taking out cell phones during the tour. If your teen gets bored they can not just take out the phone and text friends. Taking Photos is a total no no!! The only opportunity we had to use phones was during lunch and the lunch break is only 1/2 hour including using the bathroom, I felt like I wolfed my food down!! The group rode two rides as part of the tour, Jungle Cruise (a private boat for our group) and Haunted mansion.

Our lunch was at Pecos Bills and we had a choice of entrée which you choose when you check in for the tour: bacon cheeseburger, fajitas, tacos, loaded nachos, and some kind of salad. We ate in a private side room and they had a very nice condiment bar set up for our group with with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, salsa, guacamole (yummy!), sour cream, onions. I had the fajitas and they were good. Husband had the cheeseburger which came with a side of tortilla chips and I think my fajitas looked better!! Beverages was your choice of bottled water or bottled soda.

Last edited:
They don't worry about minors having ID. My son was always able to make purchases using his AP discount without ID. The vast majority of the time no one ever asked him for ID, if they did he simply told them that he didn't have his driver's license yet - no problems. I think the ages are more of a guideline for ensuring kids are old enough to handle the tour and won't be bored.

When my son was younger he always went to the parks on his own or with his friends; we never realized kids are supposed to be a certain age if they are on their own. No one ever questioned my son about his age.
In the case of tours, it's not just a guideline. The insurance company requires proof of age.

In the case of tours, it's not just a guideline. The insurance company requires proof of age.

It must depend on the specific tour then. We have done tours with age requirements and no one has ever asked my son for his age or asked for any kind of ID. There are plenty of kids who don't have any kind of picture ID yet. You could bring their birth certificate but that isn't an actual ID.

It must depend on the specific tour then. We have done tours with age requirements and no one has ever asked my son for his age or asked for any kind of ID. There are plenty of kids who don't have any kind of picture ID yet. You could bring their birth certificate but that isn't an actual ID.
Exactly.

My own sondidn't have a driver's license until he was 18.

My daughter did this three years ago and did have to show her passport. She looks young though so maybe that’s why or maybe they were more strict a few years ago.

I should have been clearer. I sort of misspoke.

The insurance company requires that everyone meet the age requirement. If a CM lets someone go who does not meet the age requirement, they're going to be in a lot of trouble.

It's like buying alcohol; the law requires you to be 21, but it's up to the server to verify it. They don't have to ask for proof, but if they do, you have to be able to provide it.

I have personally seen a kid asked for ID.

I have also seen multiple reports where kids have been asked for ID and at least 1 report where the kid did not have and was not allowed on the tour.

They require ID to verify age. They may or may not ask for it. But if they ask for it and you can not provide it then no tour.

When I created my account for My Disney Experience, it asked for the birth dates of my group. So Disney knows how old I am, my husband is, and our son.....and since MDE can be accessed through our magic bands, or even our park tickets that are purchased through the website.....I expect Disney may at times be fully aware of who is old enough to book the tours.

You don’t need to qualify for a license to have an ID. You can get a state issued ID for your child. It’s good to have this just in case it’s ever needed, and it’s easier to replace than a passport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!