18-200mm lenses

I'm going on a trip to the west coast this week and kept struggling with which lenses to take with me. After much research and angst, I finally decided to order the Nikon 18- 200 VR II lens. I'll take it and my 35mm 1.8 for low light situations and that's it. Just 2 lenses. I'm so excited! Traveling light is important to me, but having lens options are too. I know there are some tradeoffs with this lens, but the fact I can keep just one lens on my camera during the day and cover almost all the situations I'll be shooting in is a benefit that I've never experienced. Any of you have this lens? If so, any pointers for overcoming some of the shortcomings of this lens? Any help will be appreciated.

You will probably not need the 35 1.8 when traveling. I never take mine when I'm on vacation. I travel with the Nikkor 18-200 and the Nikkor 10-24.

You will probably not need the 35 1.8 when traveling. I never take mine when I'm on vacation. I travel with the Nikkor 18-200 and the Nikkor 10-24.

The wide angle zoom is next on my lens lust list. On this trip I never put 35 1.8 on my camera, but there was a moment I wish I had it with me. Unfortunately I left it in the hotel room. So, I think I'll still take it, until I get that wide zoom.

Congrats on your purchase! I recently picked up a 18-200mm lens as well, and figure it will come quite in handy at Disney in a couple of weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter