1820?

kj2mom

DIS Veteran
When we cruise my children will be 18 (which is a bit unfortunate because our traveling companions all have children under 18) so I have told them that I would like them to go to the first meet up of the 1820 group since I have heard that kind of sets the bar for if there will be activities for that age group on the cruise.

My question is, is there an 1820 group on every cruise? I started looking at Navigators from a cruise around the same time as ours (we are going July 13, 2020 for 4 nights on the Dream and I found a set of Navigators for July 16, 2018) but I am not seeing anything on the first day that indicates a meet up. Am I just missing it (completely possible, there is a ton of information and I am new to reading them)?

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp...4N-Bahamian-Day-1-Port-Canaveral-20180716.pdf

Thanks!

They should have it on every cruise. For some reason it is not listed on that particular navigator. There is a January 2019 one that lists it from 10-11PM in Cove Cafe--Stir It, Blend It, Taste It. I just checked and the ones for August 2018 list it from 10-11PM in Cove Cafe as well. It's under 'adults only' and says 1820 Society.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank-you! I am glad I wasn't being oblivious and missing it and also glad I know what to look for specifically now. Thanks again!

My daughter just participated in the 1820 for the first time. She enjoyed it.

It’s fairly informal.

I spoke with the cruise director and he shared that they are really trying to make sure that age group has a good time.

My DSs have enjoyed the 1820 Society on cruises they have been eligible for it. As noted above it is very informal. The only exception was my oldest's first experience with it. He went to the meet up on the first night in Diversions (on the Wonder) and no one was there...not even the CM who was supposed to be running it. Maybe the CM peeked in and didn't see a group so they left...we don't really know. But besides it being a bust on that cruise it's gone well.

The being a bust thing is why I want them to go to the initial meet up. What they decide from there is up to them but if I understand correctly, there won't be any options if they don't let the CM know they would like options.

My son will be 20 when we cruise in Europe in 2020 and my daughter will be 2 months shy of her 18th birthday. I know she will want to hang out with her brother and may feel a bit old for the teens club (she will be off to university when we return). Will she be able to join the 1820 group?

My son will be 20 when we cruise in Europe in 2020 and my daughter will be 2 months shy of her 18th birthday. I know she will want to hang out with her brother and may feel a bit old for the teens club (she will be off to university when we return). Will she be able to join the 1820 group?

What cruise you doing? I have a 20 and 18 year old. We are doing the June 6, 2020.

Possibly... BUT if they do things at 18+ areas, she would not be allowed to attend those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter